PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Dead Horse?

jabrch
05-18-2004, 11:18 AM
What is the currently largest dead horse to beat here at WSI?

Randar68
05-18-2004, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by jabrch
What is the currently largest dead horse to beat here at WSI?

The Rowand thing has only been around for 6-9 months, really. But the "JR is cheap" angle has been worked tirelessly for years.

pearso66
05-18-2004, 11:22 AM
I think this season, you could put all of the above and it would most likely win, and you could add, attendance and Green seats in that poll too.

Mickster
05-18-2004, 11:24 AM
ATTENDANCE! How could you possibly leave this off the list?

jabrch
05-18-2004, 12:27 PM
Good point - I missed it. can a mod add attendance to that?

Frater Perdurabo
05-18-2004, 12:45 PM
JR is cheap, without a doubt.

LuvSox
05-18-2004, 12:55 PM
What about the Sox fans obsession with the Cubs? Some of you have Cubbie on the brain.

thepaulbowski
05-18-2004, 02:02 PM
How about all of the above. Some people would find something to complain about no matter what happens.
:whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

SSN721
05-18-2004, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by thepaulbowski
How about all of the above. Some people would find something to complain about no matter what happens.
:whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

This is so true, I would like to vote for all of them, it seems like there is a new thread on each of these, plus attendance everyday.

jeremyb1
05-18-2004, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by SSN721
This is so true, I would like to vote for all of them, it seems like there is a new thread on each of these, plus attendance everyday.

Man, I can only pick one?

CHISOXFAN13
05-18-2004, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox
What about the Sox fans obsession with the Cubs? Some of you have Cubbie on the brain.

I'm going to lump that with the media bias choice and vote for it. Good call!

wilburwood
05-18-2004, 02:40 PM
maybe dead horses but all true, and when we are playing like crap its tough to put a positive spin on it all

MRKARNO
05-18-2004, 02:44 PM
In absence of attendence, I voted for the media.

Hangar18
05-18-2004, 02:55 PM
I was going to beat that Dead Horse some more, when it Suddenly Came to Life and kicked some in the Media in the Crotch.
The horse is alive .............. many are going to say he never existed now :smile:

whitesoxwilkes
05-18-2004, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by jabrch
Good point - I missed it. can a mod add attendance to that?

Done.

I voted for Frank at 1B. It's just not going to happen.

Iwritecode
05-18-2004, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
The Rowand thing has only been around for 6-9 months, really. But the "JR is cheap" angle has been worked tirelessly for years.

I think the attendance issue has been around longer. Although typically, they go hand in hand.

Iwritecode
05-18-2004, 03:07 PM
Looking at all the options, attendance has to be the clear choice just by how long it has been debated.

PK and Kock have only had there contracts for a couple of years.

Rowand has only been around for a few years.

KW has only been around for a few years.

Putting Frank at 1B isn't really brought up that much and not discussed as heatedly (is that a word?) when it is brought up.

The media bias has been around for a while but it has just been more magnified the past year or so because the Cubs finally put a decent team together and of course got the “messiah”.

JR is cheap just about goes with the attendance because that’s always brought up as a reason he is cheap.

What, nothing about the seats not being green?

maurice
05-18-2004, 03:19 PM
Looking at this board alone, I have to say that the Rowand thing is ridiculously overblown. Why devote lengthy thread after thread to the defensive acumen of a minimum wage OF? The real issue is why KW throws big money at overrated players, preventing him from plugging obvious holes.

If you look outside of this board and consider the Chicago media, it's definitely attendance.

I agree with Hangar that the media horse is alive and kicking.

Fisk72
05-18-2004, 03:21 PM
I think "green seats" is missing from the list of options. If we're gonna ignore it, then I'll go with attendance.

DrummerGeorgefan
05-18-2004, 03:23 PM
I have sympathy for those others like me who wanted more than one choice. I think this shows that as fans we should be more constructive about the team instead of going after the same dead horses in most threads.

DC Sox Fan
05-18-2004, 03:26 PM
I agree that the green seats would be my #1 choice as well. I voted for KW as a bad GM though because IMHO I just don't think it's true!

1951Campbell
05-18-2004, 04:13 PM
Gotta be attendance. Can we get that "Not Another Attendance Thread" being used put into general circulation?

Also, I've noticed the Wrigley shooting was hot and heavy for a week, and then it sort of dropped off the face of the earth (on the message board, not the columns).