PDA

View Full Version : Sorry Guys...

WinningUgly!
09-14-2001, 11:23 PM
I'm going nuts with the lack of sports/sportstalk! I know that in a time like this, sports become very secondary and somewhat unimportant. Our hatred for Osama bin Laden now dwarfs our dislike for Sosa, KB, etc. Since we have no games going on now to take our minds off of Tuesday's terrorist attacks...We can only look back at highlites from the past to "improve the mood". Games resume on Monday, so let's take a look back at a random MLB game from last season. Does anybody else remember this great game from the 2000 season?

This will make you smile! (http://espn.go.com/mlb/2000/20000917/recap/chcstl.html)

Jerry_Manuel
09-14-2001, 11:28 PM
<<Sosa's three-base error in right field allowed three runs to score in the eighth inning and the St. Louis Cardinals beat the Chicago Cubs 4-2.

Sosa dropped Edgar Renteria's fly ball with the bases loaded and two outs, giving St. Louis its seventh win in a row.>>

:moron
The ball must have been slick.

FarWestChicago
09-14-2001, 11:28 PM
That was a nice memory.

GASHWOUND
09-15-2001, 12:02 AM
I'm with you. But I think everything will be back to some what normal talk once baseball and the Whitesox resumes play against the Yanks on Tuesday.
It will kind of feel weird talking about baseball in a time like this.

You might be accused of being non-patriotic or something. There isn't even any games being played so there isn't really anything to talk about right at this moment.

At least the players will be well rested when play resumes. Mags had injured his wrist and so the rest was needed. The bullpen was being over used and will be re-energized. Its just a somber time right now and we hust have to be patient. The only good thing to come out of all of this is that we didn't have to see the Bears play.

Now that would've been torture!

When play does resume action, we might be talking baseball but the events that happened on 9-11 will never be out of our minds. Its just weird that the day I registered on this board those horrendous acts happened the same morning. I hope I'm not a bad omen or something. The people who did this also thought it was "cute" to pick the date they chose. 911

Will this country ever be the same again.

Again, my thoughts and prayers go out to all the victims and their families.
I donated blood today to help out anyway I could.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Procol Harum
09-15-2001, 12:07 AM
By the by, Gashwound, you have a great signature line, where'd you get it? :)

doublem23
09-15-2001, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
I'm going nuts with the lack of sports/sportstalk! I know that in a time like this, sports become very secondary and somewhat unimportant. Our hatred for Osama bin Laden now dwarfs our dislike for Sosa, KB, etc. Since we have no games going on now to take our minds off of Tuesday's terrorist attacks...We can only look back at highlites from the past to "improve the mood". Games resume on Monday, so let's take a look back at a random MLB game from last season. Does anybody else remember this great game from the 2000 season?

I do agree with you. As much as I know this is still a time to mourn, the initial shock that kept me glued to Peter Jennings for the last 3 days is wearing off. Thus, I am on the slow ride down back to the rut of everyday life. I miss sports. I miss having something to take my mind off the problems of the world for a few short hours of the day. Though I will still be greiving, I will welcome baseball back with open arms...

Tavarin
09-15-2001, 01:34 AM
The one problem with that day is look how badly the Sox did.

FarWestChicago
09-15-2001, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by Tavarin
The one problem with that day is look how badly the Sox did. Party pooper. We were having some fun. :)

GASHWOUND
09-15-2001, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by Procol Harum
By the by, Gashwound, you have a great signature line, where'd you get it? :)
I got it from a website called jokemail.com. They have these "adult" putdowns list. You can check it out.
http://www.jokeemail.com/putdowns.htm

:) Maybe this site will take your mind off of the tragedy. Even if only for a minute.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Bmr31
09-15-2001, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by doublem23

I do agree with you. As much as I know this is still a time to mourn, the initial shock that kept me glued to Peter Jennings for the last 3 days is wearing off. Thus, I am on the slow ride down back to the rut of everyday life. I miss sports. I miss having something to take my mind off the problems of the world for a few short hours of the day. Though I will still be greiving, I will welcome baseball back with open arms...

IM sure there are a few more punches out there that you can step in front of, lol :)