PDA

View Full Version : How do you feel right now about the Sox?

MRKARNO
05-17-2004, 11:35 PM
How's everyone truly feeling

CWSGuy406
05-17-2004, 11:40 PM
I'm definitely concerned but not jumping over the edge. We know what this team can do - everyone knows what this team can do. Why can't they do it consistently? I think Kenny is going to pull the trigger on a trade in the next few days, unless he wants Diaz/Rauch/Someone else to go up against the Twins in the Twinky-Dome.

ChiSox7
05-17-2004, 11:43 PM
The reason I'm concerned is not that we are 3 games back.

It's the fact that this team looks exactly like the one that was torn up by the Twins the past few seasons. They aren't a group that plays well under pressure and that doesn't bode well.

Do I think we can win the division? Possibly, but its going to be tough.

Huisj
05-17-2004, 11:54 PM
the team seems like the same old crap we've had now for 4 years in a row. (seemingly) tons of potential, and no passion or consistency at all. score a bunch of runs once a week and play flat in between. Have just enough hot streaks to kind of trick people into thinking that maybe they could be good, but always choke in the big series'. No consistent offensive strategy--swing from your heels and hope you get lucky is the way everyone looks, except Thomas who swings from his heels every once in a while but otherwise just kind of crouches at every pitch and gets on base so that someone else can make an out. Every pitcher pitches just bad enough often enough so that they always seem like they have the potential to totally pitch like crap while at the same time seeming to be full of potential; in other words, the pitching staff has no balls. Every young pitcher who is brought up looks like a scared high schooler. The lineup is still tinkered with each day.

And yet despite all of this the team is just good enough so that in the end, the sox are just a mediocre team and will finish a little bit over .500. the more things change, the more they stay the same.

jackbrohamer
05-18-2004, 09:40 AM
Corpseball II: Revenge of the Tinkerer