PDA

View Full Version : Now i know why Toronto dumped Polite

joeynach
05-17-2004, 10:31 PM
His fastball hits 94 and 95 on the gun and yes that is impressive. His slider is alos pretty good. So why does he stink and why did toronto dump him. Look at every fastball he throws. Yeah its fast and he either gives up bullets for hits or bullets for outs. His fastball is one of the flatest i have ever seen, it stinks. Throwing a 94 or 95 mph flat heater is like throwing a lolly pop to a big league hitter. Pollite stinks, no movement on his fastballs and KW picks up toronto's trash.

ChiSoxBobette
05-18-2004, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by joeynach
His fastball hits 94 and 95 on the gun and yes that is impressive. His slider is alos pretty good. So why does he stink and why did toronto dump him. Look at every fastball he throws. Yeah its fast and he either gives up bullets for hits or bullets for outs. His fastball is one of the flatest i have ever seen, it stinks. Throwing a 94 or 95 mph flat heater is like throwing a lolly pop to a big league hitter. Pollite stinks, no movement on his fastballs and KW picks up toronto's trash.

I hope I'm wrong but does'nt this guy remind everyone of Alan Embree the lefty the White Sox had 95/96 mph fastball but straight as an arrow especially coming off the bat of opposing players.

joeynach
05-18-2004, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by ChiSoxBob
I hope I'm wrong but does'nt this guy remind everyone of Alan Embree the lefty the White Sox had 95/96 mph fastball but straight as an arrow especially coming off the bat of opposing players.

Yeah, flat no movement fastball = get shelled!