PDA

View Full Version : 7 RBIs for LTP?

A. Cavatica
05-17-2004, 09:51 PM
Can it be?

LTP hit two dingers tonight in Charlotte's 13-9 win over Scranton. Drove in 7 runs, scored 2, didn't strike out.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/scores104/104138/20040517INTL-SCRANTNWLK0.htm

Despite the alleged bad wrists, Jeremy Reed went 2-for-5 with a walk & scored three runs.

Wunsch got the win in relief.

A.T. Money
05-18-2004, 12:25 AM
Why do people call Joe Borchard LTP?

dillio
05-18-2004, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by A.T. Money

i have always wondered that also but anyway yeah he had a good game but he still is hitting like crap overall i would say

pudge
05-18-2004, 12:42 AM
Sounds good to me, can we call up the Knights to face Cleveland tomorrow?

:)

Oh wait, we tried that with Felix Diaz, didn't work too well...

Jjav829
05-18-2004, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by A.T. Money

Light Tower Power. I'm sure someone can explain this with more detail but he hit a light tower with a HR one day and someone gave him the nickname LTP.

dillio
05-18-2004, 12:51 AM
well,that makes alot more sense now that i know what it means

hose
05-18-2004, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by pudge
Sounds good to me, can we call up the Knights to face Cleveland tomorrow?

The Knights of Columbus would be more formidable with their capes and swords out there :D:

gosox41
05-18-2004, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by Jjav829
Light Tower Power. I'm sure someone can explain this with more detail but he hit a light tower with a HR one day and someone gave him the nickname LTP.

I thought LTP was more of a sarcastic nickname for a player who has a ton of power but fails to live up to the billing.

If that's the case, it's perfect for Joe. Seriously, I hope he turns it around and soon. I'm sick and tired of not having a CFer, and odds are Magglio and/or Lee won't be around next season.

Bob

Frater Perdurabo
05-18-2004, 08:19 AM
I don't want to get ahead of myself, but if Borchard stays hot, perhaps he is the answer for CF and for left-handed power?

How great would it be to fill a glaring hole from within the organization. (Maybe I should have put this in deeppink.

sas1974
05-18-2004, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by Jjav829

I think (L)ong (T)erm (P)roject would be more fitting.

CHISOXFAN13
05-18-2004, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by sas1974
I think (L)ong (T)erm (P)roject would be more fitting.

HAHA. That's what i thought it meant :smile:

duke of dorwood
05-18-2004, 08:42 AM
He belongs up here-learning and adjusting. He wont hurt you in the outfield, either.

:LTP

NOW

poorme
05-18-2004, 08:46 AM
He'll post the same BA as Rowand (.215), but do everything else better.

Clarkdog
05-18-2004, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
He belongs up here-learning and adjusting. He wont hurt you in the outfield, either.

Agreed. Rowand has had his chances. Either deal him, or make him a 4th OF. At this point, I don't believe that Borchard can do any worse. It's time to find out about this guy, by letting him play every day at this level.

BKozi
05-18-2004, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by hose
The Knights of Columbus would be more formidable with their capes and swords out there :D:

Hey...don't knock the K of C. My dad is one and they can be...intimidating...

Frater Perdurabo
05-18-2004, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Clarkdog
Agreed. Rowand has had his chances. Either deal him, or make him a 4th OF. At this point, I don't believe that Borchard can do any worse. It's time to find out about this guy, by letting him play every day at this level.

Give Borchard a shot. If he becomes Crash Part Deux, get ready for half a season of Steve Finley.

Clarkdog
05-18-2004, 12:00 PM
Also, if there is any truth to the Valentin for Garcia rumor, Borchard could replace the left handed power bat we lose in the lineup.

hold2dibber
05-18-2004, 12:49 PM
Geez, people, the guy has one good game and you think he's ready for the majors? Despite his big outburst, he's not doing much better in AAA (in the band box the Knights play in) than Rowand is doing here. The guy still hasn't given anyone any reason to think he's ready for the big leagues. Why would we want him here "making adjustments and learning" when he is now in his third season at AAA and hasn't shown the ability to make adjustments or learn at that level?

frontrunner3
05-18-2004, 11:03 PM
I seriously doubt he'll be joining the big club anytime soon seeing as they can't even spell his name right on chisox.com Copy and paste.........Down on the farm: Triple-A Charlotte won, 13-9, at Scranton/Wilkes-Barre. Right fielder Joe Berchard went 2-for-5 with two homers and seven RBIs. ... Double-A Birmingham lost, 5-1, to Mobile. Left-hander Ryan Meaux (2-4) took the loss. ... Single-A Winston Salem pulled out a 6-5 win at Salem, thanks to outfielders Brian Anderson and Ryan Sweeney, who went 3-for-4 and 3-for-5, respectively. ... Class A Kannapolis won, 4-2, at Asheville, with right-hander Brian Miller (4-2) getting the win.

Anyways I thought it was humorous but indeed I'm easily amused at times. Nice win tonight for sure! Garland looked sharp.

TaylorStSox
05-19-2004, 01:57 AM
From what I understand.....

Light Tower Power is his nickname because he hit homeruns over the right and left field lights (switcher hitter) from both sides of the plate, in the same game, while he was playing for Stanford.

IMO, he's the best CF option we have at this moment. I think there is a chance that he would excell in the ML, depite his showing in AAA. This is strictly from intagibles.

Anyway, he's better than Rowand. I'll argue that anyday.

SoxxoS
05-19-2004, 02:17 AM
On a related note:

Are Anderson and Sweeney for real?

I'm not going to get ahead of myself, but these guys are very, very good. Sweeney can barely buy cigarettes, and he is knocking the tar out of high A pitching. I imagine we will see him in AA before the end of the season.

Anderson should be in AA by, I say, June 20th. There really isn't much left for him to do in high A ball.