PDA

View Full Version : Just Curious...about Fexix D.

jlh0023
05-17-2004, 10:44 PM
Who thinks he has the potential to be a serious major league starter in the near future..... how bout ever...... or is everyone impatient enough to make a decision after 2 games.

I think he shows potential..... he can throw strikes, he's just not used to having to get them past major league hitters. He just needs to work on moving in on hitters more. He also has to keep his cool, because after he gave up some runs, he started to pitch around guys, and then just flat out stopped throwing strikes for a while.

I also think that Ozzie should stick to what he said and not put Cotts in the no. 5 yet.... he should let Diaz do his thing for a while.

kittle42
05-17-2004, 11:00 PM
Isn't there a thread similar to this already? And one (thankfully) without a poll.

Railsplitter
05-18-2004, 08:51 AM
Get Diaz on the next plane to Charlotte

Frater Perdurabo
05-18-2004, 09:03 AM
The Sox need to address their lack of a #5 starter by trading for an ace starting pitcher so Garland becomes the #5.

The young pitchers should continue to work in the minors until they are completely ready for the bigs. Young pitchers should not be rushed.

Voice of Reason
05-18-2004, 11:52 AM
I think its hilarious that five people actually decided after two starts that Diaz will never start successfully in the majors. If you guys can tell that much from two starts shouldn't you be scouts?

jlh0023
05-18-2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Voice of Reason
I think its hilarious that five people actually decided after two starts that Diaz will never start successfully in the majors. If you guys can tell that much from two starts shouldn't you be scouts?

Amen.... if i weren't so lazy, i could find tons of great pitchers in history who have had worse starts to their career. the impatience i'm sensing here sounds a lot like we're being paid a visit by mr. manuel....and remember kip wells, he didn't start off so great, now he is a solid starter.