PDA

View Full Version : Reed's wrists?

SoxxoS
05-17-2004, 03:15 PM
First off, I posted in the offseason that I had no idea he tore a ligament in his wrist. He let it heal on it's own...

Just searching the internet, I have read in various boards that Jeremy Reed is having some big issues with not one, but both his wrists...

I take with a grain of salt b/c of the source, but there has to be a reason for his numbers. They are bad. Especially for hitting in that bandbox in Charlotte. It may be a slump, but I don't think so. I think they are bothering him.

Anyone have any info about Reed's wrists or what is going on?

SEALgep
05-17-2004, 03:47 PM
Give him the surgery. This doesn't sound good, and the doctors originally recommended it if I'm not mistaken. We don't need a problem like this to linger with him. Although, you can't make him do it either.

SoxxoS
05-17-2004, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
Give him the surgery. This doesn't sound good, and the doctors originally recommended it if I'm not mistaken. We don't need a problem like this to linger with him. Although, you can't make him do it either.

I agree. I said that at the time. It looks like it's a 2005 arrival for Reed, at least right now.

Would anyone be opposed to picking up Jurassic Carl again? I wouldn't be.

sas1974
05-17-2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
I agree. I said that at the time. It looks like it's a 2005 arrival for Reed, at least right now.

Is Carl off of the DL yet?

jlh0023
05-17-2004, 04:27 PM
could somebody fill me in on the history of Reed's wrist trouble, i wasn't aware he had any.....severe?

habibharu
05-17-2004, 04:38 PM
he was hitting over .350 at the beginning of the season, but since about the middle of April that average has gone down steadily. he is only hitting .291. i expect more from reed.

Randar68
05-17-2004, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by habibharu
he was hitting over .350 at the beginning of the season, but since about the middle of April that average has gone down steadily. he is only hitting .291. i expect more from reed.

This is why I tell people to try to temper their enthusiasm when reading about prospects. 99% of the time, people only write about the positives of prospects, because those are the aspects that make them exciting or give them "potential."

How many times have you ever seen Reed play, habib? You expect more of him???

Who you crappin'?

sas1974
05-17-2004, 05:35 PM
I like all of the positive press I've read about Reed, as well as much of the info that fellow WSIers have posted, but if people are looking for Jeremy to save the White Sox this season we're in deep ****.

A. Cavatica
05-17-2004, 08:23 PM

Vehemently. Rowand is better.

doublem23
05-17-2004, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by A. Cavatica

Oh god, this is going to start a fight.

OurBitchinMinny
05-17-2004, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by A. Cavatica

Pass me some of what your smoking. Id rather have a bat boy in CF. Aaron rowand sucks

Chisoxfn
05-17-2004, 09:08 PM
First off, I posted in the offseason that I had no idea he tore a ligament in his wrist. He let it heal on it's own...

Just searching the internet, I have read in various boards that Jeremy Reed is having some big issues with not one, but both his wrists...

I take with a grain of salt b/c of the source, but there has to be a reason for his numbers. They are bad. Especially for hitting in that bandbox in Charlotte. It may be a slump, but I don't think so. I think they are bothering him.

Anyone have any info about Reed's wrists or what is going on?

Both of his wrists are bothering him. I don't think its too serious, but its definately at least part of the reason he has been struggling. Borchard is suffering from a bum back.

Lip Man 1
05-17-2004, 09:26 PM
I don't think the Sox could get Everett back. Isn't there something in a non tendered / free agent contract that prohibits a team that refused to offer arbitration from getting the guy back in a trade?

It prevents under the table agreements, 'we won't sign him, you take him, then trade him back to us...nudge,nudge,wink,wink)

Lip

OEO Magglio
05-17-2004, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
I don't think the Sox could get Everett back. Isn't there something in a non tendered / free agent contract that prohibits a team that refused to offer arbitration from getting the guy back in a trade?

It prevents under the table agreements, 'we won't sign him, you take him, then trade him back to us...nudge,nudge,wink,wink)

Lip
Lip, I'm not exactly sure, but I think they'd be able to trade for him by June 1st or July 1st, but that could be way off. I would absolutely loving having carl back, but only if he was playing left field or dhing and we got rid of one of the bum squad(pk and carlos)

Chisoxfn
05-17-2004, 09:47 PM
They can get him back starting May 1st or 15th, I forget. Its basically the same date that a player who was not offered arbitration can resign with his original club.

SoxxoS
05-17-2004, 11:41 PM
To say you wouldn't want Carl Everett back...a left handed power stick (who would immediately be the best 2 strike hitter on the Sox) because of Aaron Rowand...chisoxfn said it right: what are you smoking?

Chisoxfn
05-17-2004, 11:54 PM
To say you wouldn't want Carl Everett back...a left handed power stick (who would immediately be the best 2 strike hitter on the Sox) because of Aaron Rowand...chisoxfn said it right: what are you smoking?

And I was a Rowand backer up until the immediate future. How can I knock a former ballplayer from my school. Despite that his defense has been atrocious this year and he is brutal against right handed pitching. Now if your talking about platooning him with Harris in cf for the team being (Willie starting against righties and ocassionally playing 2nd as well against a lefty) then I wouldn't have as much against it.

Personally I don't think Reed is quite ready. I just want to see Gload playing. I'm sick of Konerko and just wish they could dump his contract and if somehow they got a solid pitcher in return or a quality contact type hitter (preferably left handed) then even better.