PDA

View Full Version : Bullpen Sports Bar ?'s

CanOfCorn
05-17-2004, 04:00 PM
How does the Bullpen work? Get there an hour and a half before the game and scramble for the patio seats? Or do you have to pay to reserve a table?

I'm going to be going to a game or two for the first season since I turned 21, and I don't know anybody that has gone there.

patbooyah
05-17-2004, 04:11 PM
i was there about a week ago for the first time. you can get a table on the top level of the bar(unobstructed by the fence) for 10 bucks a person- there is no pressure to fill the table, just buy as many as you want. four people at most tables, two people at others. i would suggest getting there as early as possible to get one of the tables. they are first come first serve. its worth it- time flies because they are really fun seats.

the bottom level(behind the fence) is first come first serve, too, but its free.

i highly recommend you go.

i wish i was going to be around for another homestand.

CanOfCorn
05-17-2004, 04:24 PM
Do you need any specific ticket? As far as, would I need a lower deck seat to get into the bar, or would a UD ticket do just fine?

nlentz88
05-17-2004, 04:28 PM
You don't need any particular ticket to get into the Bullpen Bar, the open-air patio, or the picnic tables atop the bar. Just take the Gate 2 ramp all the way to the bottom and enter the bar. However, you do need a non-upper deck ticket to get out onto the main concourse.

Jerko
05-17-2004, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by CanOfCorn
Do you need any specific ticket? As far as, would I need a lower deck seat to get into the bar, or would a UD ticket do just fine?

I never sat at those tables but I know you can get into the bar with a UD seat. I would bet you can get to the tables too, but like I said, I never sat up there. They WILL check your tix at the top of the ramp where the 100 level starts so if you do want to go to your seats you'll have to go all the way up. and as nlentz88 says, it is IMPERATIVE to go to gate/ramp 2 cause you get in right there at ground level and avoid getting "ticket checked" on the concourse.

CanOfCorn
05-17-2004, 04:45 PM
Alright.

Since I'll be going to a Sox-Cubs game, how early do you think people would be lining up? And if two people pay their $10 to get their own table, there's no pressure to allow other people to sit at that table? Or will people be shoehorning themselves into open spots?

Apologies in advance if I'm being a giant pain in the ass.

pinwheels3530
05-17-2004, 04:51 PM
For sox v cubs game I would say people will be there at least 4 to 5 hrs in advance camped out at gate 2, so for the friday 3pm start you can expect to see fans at about 11am or earlier.

DrummerGeorgefan
05-17-2004, 05:28 PM
Can....as a younger drinker myself, I would like to let you know that in the BPB you can get 24oz miller lites for $7, which saves you like 2 bucks a beer on the outside

patbooyah
05-17-2004, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by CanOfCorn
Alright.

Since I'll be going to a Sox-Cubs game, how early do you think people would be lining up? And if two people pay their $10 to get their own table, there's no pressure to allow other people to sit at that table? Or will people be shoehorning themselves into open spots?

Apologies in advance if I'm being a giant pain in the ass.

they assign you a table- i bouguht four wristbands at a time for forty bucks and gave them to my friends. the tables are numbered, and its not a hastle.

thecell
05-17-2004, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by DrummerGeorgefan
Can....as a younger drinker myself, I would like to let you know that in the BPB you can get 24oz miller lites for $7, which saves you like 2 bucks a beer on the outside

Those bottles are awesome. I had me a few of those big boys last Thursday.

:gulp:

C-Dawg
05-17-2004, 11:27 PM
Yeah, gotta love the Sports Bar! I went to the doubleheader against Toronto (cold and rainy) and the game Friday night against Minnesota (ditto) and had the opportunity to visit the Bar for the first time. I must have spent half of the second Jays game down there.

Anyway, I've been getting my tickets online, and they always wind up in section 107 right above the patio area. Nice convenient access to the ramp down to the Bar, and I've been sending people down that way since they inevitibly are showing up down by my seats looking for the way to the Bar. Guess I should be looking for a cut of the proceeds since I'm always steering folks how to get there, LOL.