PDA

View Full Version : Visited Camden and Yankee Stadium

CanOfCorn
05-17-2004, 02:46 PM
Camden -- If I lived in Baltimore, I'd buy season tickets. Great location, a three-block walk from the hotel. Nice seats, a lot of room in the seats, good food, good atmosphere, they drew really well for a game against the Angels. Nice souvenier shop. They really did it right.

Yankee Stadium -- The concourse was a bit of a mess, as was the drive there, but once I was in my seat, it was awesome. Visited Monument Park, which I've been wanting to do for a long time. I wasn't able to get a ticket for the ballpark tour, but I'm going out there again in August, so that'll hopefully be the first time I set foot on a major league field.

Both were pretty much everything I thought they would be, but I really don't think Comiskey now is that far off.

iwannago
05-17-2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by CanOfCorn
Camden -- If I lived in Baltimore, I'd buy season tickets. Great location, a three-block walk from the hotel. Nice seats, a lot of room in the seats, good food, good atmosphere, they drew really well for a game against the Angels. Nice souvenier shop. They really did it right.

Yankee Stadium -- The concourse was a bit of a mess, as was the drive there, but once I was in my seat, it was awesome. Visited Monument Park, which I've been wanting to do for a long time. I wasn't able to get a ticket for the ballpark tour, but I'm going out there again in August, so that'll hopefully be the first time I set foot on a major league field.

Both were pretty much everything I thought they would be, but I really don't think Comiskey now is that far off.

If you lived in Baltimore you probably wouldn't live at the Marriott or Holiday Inn.

CanOfCorn
05-17-2004, 03:09 PM
True. But a job opening that I'm considering may put me in downtown Baltimore. There's a lot to do before and after the game in the area. And public transportation seems to work fine there. Nice standing room only areas and so forth, and the Inner Harbor area is great at night.

If the Metra station is ever built by Comiskey, I think I'd be just as willing to buy at least partial-season tickets.

CanOfCorn
05-17-2004, 03:11 PM
Dammit, I cut myself off.

Anyhoo, I don't need to have bars around the Stadium, but it'd be nice to know that I'd have more options for pre- and post-game activities than waiting in the bottleneck to and from the stadium while gas prices are rising. That's what I like about Camden. A lot of the headaches are removed.