PDA

View Full Version : Kelly Wunsch thinks he'll be traded soon

Foulke You
05-17-2004, 01:53 PM
From the CHICAGO SUN-TIMES-

"Wunsch knows the Sox are trying to trade him because general manager Kenny Williams has been talking frequently with his agent, Joe Sambito.

'They've either decided I don't fit with Damaso Marte [3.52 ERA] and rookie Neal Cotts [2.45] doing well as their [lefty] relievers or there's no interest at all,' Wunsch said.

'If I can't get back there [Chicago], I'd like to be with another major-league club in July when [wife] Jessie and I are expecting our second child.'

'If there is a possibility of a trade that makes sense for us, then we would entertain that thought.' Williams Said."

I wonder what Wunsch's trade value is right about now? Anybody know what teams are in desperate need of left handed relievers?

Wunsch Article (http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-spt-sside17.html)

Randar68
05-17-2004, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
From the CHICAGO SUN-TIMES-

"Wunsch knows the Sox are trying to trade him because general manager Kenny Williams has been talking frequently with his agent, Joe Sambito.

'They've either decided I don't fit with Damaso Marte [3.52 ERA] and rookie Neal Cotts [2.45] doing well as their [lefty] relievers or there's no interest at all,' Wunsch said.

'If I can't get back there [Chicago], I'd like to be with another major-league club in July when [wife] Jessie and I are expecting our second child.'

'If there is a possibility of a trade that makes sense for us, then we would entertain that thought.' Williams Said."

I wonder what Wunsch's trade value is right about now? Anybody know what teams are in desperate need of left handed relievers?

Wunsch Article (http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-spt-sside17.html)

The Coob?

SoxFanDan
05-17-2004, 01:54 PM
Milwaukee

DaveIsHere
05-17-2004, 01:56 PM
We trade him to ourselves for rowand!!!!

Hangar18
05-17-2004, 01:57 PM
Valuable Lefty reliever .......... we'll end up GIVING him away :angry:

CHISOXFAN13
05-17-2004, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Valuable Lefty reliever .......... we'll end up GIVING him away :angry:

Based on what? If we were "giving him away", he would have been gone already.

Also, the Cubs don't need him. Remlinger is soon to come off the DL.

SEALgep
05-17-2004, 02:04 PM
I still kind of wish we could have gotten Bellhorn for him. Especially if Willie plays CF regularly. That way, he could have been our utility infielder.

Foulke You
05-17-2004, 02:14 PM
Personally, I hope if they do trade Wunsch, it will be combined with prospects in a package to try to get a veteran starting pitcher. I know Garcia's name has been thrown around. Any chance the Giants will move Jason Schmidt if they keep struggling?

fquaye149
05-17-2004, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by SoxFanDan
Milwaukee

Podsednik???

A. Cavatica
05-17-2004, 09:42 PM
See, the problem is that Wunsch just isn't a grinder. Look at all the times he came in and faced only one batter -- why, sometimes he'd pitch an entire inning and only face three! Ugh! We need GRINDERS who aren't afraid to face six, seven, or eight batters in an inning.

KingXerxes
05-18-2004, 11:01 AM
I've got to believe that if the White Sox are looking to trade Wunsch, then there has got to be something wrong with his arm. Can somebody explain to me why Diaz is up here as the fifth starter when he's obviously not ready, and the guy who was last year's future (Cotts) sits growing mold in the bullpen?

I know the White Sox have said that they want two lefty relievers in the pen, but can't they still have that by starting Cotts, calling up Wunsch and sending down Diaz? It appears to be such an obvious move - but they don't do it. Therefor I think something is wrong with Wunsch, and they're hiding it in the minors.

rahulsekhar
05-18-2004, 11:10 AM
Am I the only one thinking that maybe Wunsch should be able to consistently get AAA hitter out or maybe show his arm strength (and the MIA 5 mph) returning before he gets called up? Or did I miss something and MLB hitters suddenly started having problems with guys who pitch slow and can't get out minor leaguers?

KingXerxes
05-18-2004, 11:16 AM
So you also think something's wrong with him?

SEALgep
05-18-2004, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by KingXerxes
I've got to believe that if the White Sox are looking to trade Wunsch, then there has got to be something wrong with his arm. Can somebody explain to me why Diaz is up here as the fifth starter when he's obviously not ready, and the guy who was last year's future (Cotts) sits growing mold in the bullpen?

I know the White Sox have said that they want two lefty relievers in the pen, but can't they still have that by starting Cotts, calling up Wunsch and sending down Diaz? It appears to be such an obvious move - but they don't do it. Therefor I think something is wrong with Wunsch, and they're hiding it in the minors. Wunsch wasn't really throwing very well down there, so that's a possibility. However, it may be a combination of reasons. Cotts isn't stretched out to be a starter at this point.

KingXerxes
05-18-2004, 11:39 AM
They've had since opening day to get him "stretched out", instead they continue to whistle past the graveyard with the likes of Diaz and Wright.

Randar68
05-18-2004, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by rahulsekhar
Am I the only one thinking that maybe Wunsch should be able to consistently get AAA hitter out or maybe show his arm strength (and the MIA 5 mph) returning before he gets called up? Or did I miss something and MLB hitters suddenly started having problems with guys who pitch slow and can't get out minor leaguers?

You're not the only one. See "AAAron Rowand Vocal Minority"

SEALgep
05-18-2004, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Randar68
You're not the only one. See "AAAron Rowand Vocal Minority" You really can't help yourself can you? What does Wunsch have to do with Rowand? I hope you realize that it's you that can't let this issue die.

Randar68
05-18-2004, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
You really can't help yourself can you? What does Wunsch have to do with Rowand? I hope you realize that it's you that can't let this issue die.

:?:

Reading comprehension. Sheeeesh.