PDA

View Full Version : Chicago NewsMedia Watch 5/17/04

Hangar18
05-17-2004, 10:17 AM
SOX managed to get the Back Covers of both papers All Weekend, a big plus, and Miraculously, even managed to get Big Time Attention from the TV's this weekend..........Too Bad they STUNK til SUnday. (why did Ozzie keep benching Uribe all weekend, i'll never know)
SOX gained a lot of Ground this weekend from the cubs ........

Standings since SPring Training .........
CUBS 635
SOX 445

rahulsekhar
05-17-2004, 12:45 PM
IMO had the Sox gotten swept by the Twins, we would have seen the media use it as an excuse to stop the re-balancing of coverage that's happened the past couple of weeks. Hopefuly we can make some noise the next 7 games and keep the heat on them to continue to be fairer with coverage.

Although given the tone of Telander's article today in the Cub-Times, they'll find a way to keep things slanted northwards. Hey Rick - every occur to you that when you're ejected you have to leave the dugout, so it might be quite natural to not want to sit around by yourself in the clubhouse? Sheesh, any chance to slam Frank.

It reminds me of back in the 90s when Frank was dominating and left the ASG early to fly back home. Everyone got pissed, not noticing that he did it to make sure he was at BP the next morning with his team. Imagine that - getting ripped left and right for actually thinking of your team.

jackbrohamer
05-17-2004, 01:24 PM
The Chris DeLuca article on Uribe claims that the Twinkies and Sox "open a three-game series at the Metrodome" this week. How hard is it for the guy to look at a schedule, the Sox open a 4-game series in MN on Thursday.

jackbrohamer
05-17-2004, 01:24 PM
Although the coverage in both papers seemed fair today.

hose
05-17-2004, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
SOX managed to get the Back Covers of both papers All Weekend, a big plus, and Miraculously, even managed to get Big Time Attention from the TV's this weekend..........Too Bad they STUNK til SUnday. (why did Ozzie keep benching Uribe all weekend, i'll never know)
SOX gained a lot of Ground this weekend from the cubs ........

Standings since SPring Training .........
CUBS 635
SOX 445

Let the record show that the O-E-O chant by the Orioles was as early as 1997.

I caught the 1997 ALCS Indians vs. Orioles at Camden Yard on ESPN Classic the other day.

Hangar/Wilkes in 2004