PDA

View Full Version : Sox on ESPN tonight...

MaggPipes
05-17-2004, 10:11 AM
Looks like our Sox have some national converage again tonight, 2 times in 3 weeks isn't bad. Looks like everyone will get to see Diaz pitch, hopefully he does well, and our bats stay hot. Go SOX!

LuvSox
05-17-2004, 01:31 PM
I hope Diaz does well on national tv. With our luck, he'll get shelled early. :(:

compy75
05-17-2004, 01:43 PM
Seems like playing on Mondays has its benefits. Our national coverage is completely linked to the fact that when we play no one else plays. Baltimore was the case plus the Yanks home opener. Lee has been good this year for the Indians but he is a lefty so we should handle him well in theory.

Lip Man 1
05-17-2004, 02:00 PM
Have you also noticed that the Sox have yet to be shown in any 'home' games on ESPN?

ESPN has no plans to come in from a Sunday Night Baseball game either although they haven't been here for that very often in the past few seasons.

Lip

CHISOXFAN13
05-17-2004, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Have you also noticed that the Sox have yet to be shown in any 'home' games on ESPN?

ESPN has no plans to come in from a Sunday Night Baseball game either although they haven't been here for that very often in the past few seasons.

Lip

How many non-eastern or west coast teams do get national coverage because of the time games start? Not many.

owensmouth
05-17-2004, 02:09 PM
ESPN not coming to the Cell? Good! Let them stay in New York. If/when ESPN ever does visit, make them feel so uncomfortable that they never return. ESPN only wants to use the White Sox in negative ways. They are shills for the New York Yankees.

SoxxoS
05-17-2004, 02:38 PM
That is actually the third game on ESPN in the past two weeks.

Huisj
05-17-2004, 03:12 PM
is it just me, or does it seem like most of the sunday night games are either the cardinals or the giants the last few years? i kind of understand the giants with the announcers being their announcers i guess, but still, the schedule is pretty lopsided.

iwannago
05-17-2004, 03:14 PM
They should have the Sox on ESPN when the game is televised on channel 26.

Kadafi311
05-17-2004, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Huisj
is it just me, or does it seem like most of the sunday night games are either the cardinals or the giants the last few years? i kind of understand the giants with the announcers being their announcers i guess, but still, the schedule is pretty lopsided.

Five Letters: B O N D S

Lip Man 1
05-17-2004, 04:55 PM
Folks I'm specifically referring to ESPN's Sunday Night baseball which has been here I think, one time in the past three years that was for that abortion of a game last May in pouring rain when Seattle beat the Sox silly in a six inning game. I also remember a Sox / Cubs Sunday Night Game in 1998 or 1999 but that's it.

My comment was about ESPN not coming to Chicago for a night game. Last year they did have several afternoon games and one night game when Thomas homered to beat the Angels.

As far as time constraints the Sox were on ESPN a lot in 1990 for example. They had to start the game an hour earlier to meet the time slots but remember ESPN2 also wasn't around then as well.

that gives ESPN more flexibility to show games from Chicago.

Other central teams like the Cardinals, Astros and Cubs (including this upcoming week) are on ESPN and their networks at night.

Personal opinion I honestly don't think ESPN cares for the atmosphere at new Comiskey and tries to avoid going there unless they have to.

Lip

pinwheels3530
05-17-2004, 05:09 PM
Lip has a point they don't want to show the national audience all those empty blue seats in the outfield. My suggestion is whenever espn does come here for a game sox fans should make a extra effort to go the game to showcase ourselves as sox fans. I say Hangar pay for everyone to sit in the last row of the ud :D:

doublem23
05-17-2004, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1

Personal opinion I honestly don't think ESPN cares for the atmosphere at new Comiskey and tries to avoid going there unless they have to.

Oh no... ESPN doesn't like the Cell... What ever shall we do?

jcirish85
05-17-2004, 06:20 PM
Whenever ESPN shows Sox games, ESPN will black out on my TV. I have Direct Tv. Anyone else have that problem?

doublem23
05-17-2004, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by jcirish85
Whenever ESPN shows Sox games, ESPN will black out on my TV. I have Direct Tv. Anyone else have that problem?

If you're in Chicago, I think it's because you're in the local market, and thus you are covered by local coverage (FSN tonight).

SoxFan76
05-17-2004, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by pinwheels3530
Lip has a point they don't want to show the national audience all those empty blue seats in the outfield.

Which is EXACTLY why there should be green seats. I mean empty green seats are just so much more appealing to the eye than empty blue seats.

Acid
05-17-2004, 07:15 PM
Sox on? I have Toranto and Minny????

damnit!

Saracen
05-17-2004, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Acid
Sox on? I have Toranto and Minny????

damnit!

Rain