PDA

View Full Version : Down on the Farm

bigdommer
05-17-2004, 08:06 AM
In case anyone was wondering...

AAA Charlotte won Friday, Saturday, and Sunday over Pawtucket. The good news: Jon Rauch, Jason Grilli and Dan Ulacia all had strong starting pitching efforts and Joe Borchard went 4 for 11 on the weekend, with a 2-run homer on Sunday that proved to be the game winner. The bad news: Jeremy Reed's average has slipped to .291.

samram
05-17-2004, 08:50 AM
I was at the Knights game on Saturday. Rauch looked pretty good. The only balls they really hit hard were homeruns by Adam Hyzdu. Jeremy Reed looked solid. I realized he will fit in well with the big league club when he was thrown out by five feet on a steal attempt. Borchard didn't do anything to impress me, although he did have a hit. Burke and Dransfeldt are toward the bottom of the order and should stay there. Dransfeldt could set a record for most foul balls over the first base dugout. His bat is really slow.

I didn't realize what a bandbox that stadium was. It's 347 to the power alleys so one has to be careful when looking at ERAs for those guys.

Randar68
05-17-2004, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by samram
I didn't realize what a bandbox that stadium was. It's 347 to the power alleys so one has to be careful when looking at ERAs for those guys.

That's what I've been telling people when they complain about the # of HR's Rauch gives up. He's a fly ball pitcher in a park that small.