PDA

View Full Version : Questions about a few minor leaguers...

MarkEdward
05-17-2004, 01:38 AM
1. What are the Sox plans for Fraser Dizard? From what I remember, he was a starter at USC (well, at least until he got hurt). However, he's been used as a middle reliever at Kannapolis (where he hasn't been pitching that great). I suppose the organization won't push him back into starting anytime soon, right?

2. Where's Chris Kelly? He took 19 at-bats for Kannapolis this year, and that's it. I don't see his name on the roster at the Intimidators' site, and I haven't seen his name in the box scores for the past few weeks. Is he injured?

3. Scott Bikowski is no longer on the 40-man roster, right? He was terrible for the Knights this year (.197/.293/.258), and he's already appeared in a couple games for the Barons. Is this move to AA a relatively permanent one, or is he subbing for an injured Baron?

4. Following the box scores, I've noticed that low-level starters rarely go over seven innings per start, no matter how well they're pitching. Is this coincidence or an organization-wide decision?

5. Don't know if this was mentioned yet, but after going 0-4 against Pawtucket today, Jeremy Reed's numbers have fallen to .291/.376/.358. If called up now, I can't see him hitting better than Rowand, Perez, or Harris. I'd keep Harris in center, Uribe at second, and Valentin at short. Hopefully Juan and Willie will keep hitting well, because if they regress to pre-2004 numbers, we're probably in a bit of trouble.

batmanZoSo
05-17-2004, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by MarkEdward
4. Following the box scores, I've noticed that low-level starters rarely go over seven innings per start, no matter how well they're pitching. Is this coincidence or an organization-wide decision?

I guess they want to wait til Ozzie gets a hold of em before we blow their arms out.

Post 1501 -- ordains me Priest. Keep on truckin. :cool:

JohnBasedowYoda
05-17-2004, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
IPost 1501 -- ordains me Priest. Keep on truckin. :cool:

I shall rise above the clergy and smite thee! The bourgeoisie shall not be suppressed!!

Congrats on achieving the next level of WSI Cybergeekdom. I'll be joining you by years end if i keep this up

batmanZoSo
05-17-2004, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by JohnBasedowYoda
I shall rise above the clergy and smite thee! The bourgeoisie shall not be suppressed!!

Congrats on achieving the next level of WSI Cybergeekdom. I'll be joining you by years end if i keep this up

At my rate, I'll be WSI Oracle by aught 5. They'll run out of tags.

JohnBasedowYoda
05-17-2004, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
At my rate, I'll be WSI Oracle by aught 5. They'll run out of tags.

here's to being distracted by WSI instead of studying. :gulp:

SoxxoS
05-17-2004, 02:30 AM
I really hope Reed's wrist isn't an issue...I hope he isn't just grinning and bearing the pain, b/c that is bad for all parties involved.

StockdaleForVeep
05-17-2004, 03:40 AM

http://expert.ics.purdue.edu/~shdoshi/stewiepoint.jpg

Evicerate the Proletariat!

maurice
05-17-2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by MarkEdward
2. Where's Chris Kelly? He took 19 at-bats for Kannapolis this year, and that's it. I don't see his name on the roster at the Intimidators' site, and I haven't seen his name in the box scores for the past few weeks. Is he injured?

IIRC, he got sent down to extended spring training when they signed Leo Dagile.

5. Don't know if this was mentioned yet, but after going 0-4 against Pawtucket today, Jeremy Reed's numbers have fallen to .291/.376/.358. If called up now, I can't see him hitting better than Rowand, Perez, or Harris.

KW probably will wait until Reed heats up again before calling him up.

iwannago
05-17-2004, 01:58 PM
here's to being distracted by WSI instead of studying. :gulp:

What will your parents think?