PDA

View Full Version : Washed up former Sox transactions


kittle42
05-16-2004, 11:19 PM
The Mets optioned James Baldwin down and brought up Matt Ginter. What a staff they have in NY.

pearso66
05-16-2004, 11:23 PM
Wow, JB lasted a long time in the rotation. less than a week? Wasn't Ginter up earlier in the season too?

WinningUgly!
05-16-2004, 11:52 PM
Matt Ginter started today & allowed one earned run in 5 2/3 innings against the Astros. Not too shabby.

kittle42
05-17-2004, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
Matt Ginter started today & allowed one earned run in 5 2/3 innings against the Astros. Not too shabby.

You'd think he was Seth Greisinger.

jeremyb1
05-17-2004, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
Matt Ginter started today & allowed one earned run in 5 2/3 innings against the Astros. Not too shabby.

He was lights out in AAA so it's not a huge shock in my opinion.

Lip Man 1
05-17-2004, 12:55 PM
With respect to all Ginter will turn out to be another Aaron Myette, another Scott Ruffcorn another Rod Bolton, another Josh Fogg.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Lip

iwannago
05-17-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
With respect to all Ginter will turn out to be another Aaron Myette, another Scott Ruffcorn another Rod Bolton, another Josh Fogg.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Lip

Too early to tell. Ginter may turn out to be an effective starter. A role I don't believe the Sox used him.

Randar68
05-17-2004, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by iwannago
Too early to tell. Ginter may turn out to be an effective starter. A role I don't believe the Sox used him.

They did in the minors for several years.

kittle42
05-17-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by iwannago
Too early to tell. Ginter may turn out to be an effective starter. A role I don't believe the Sox used him.

And I may become the Sultan of Brunei.

iwannago
05-17-2004, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by kittle42
And I may become the Sultan of Brunei.

YOU MAY!

34 Inch Stick
05-17-2004, 02:52 PM
If you do can I borrow a some cash, I seem to be a little short this month.

Also, if you are ever planning on holding models hostage for a weekend, count me in.