PDA

View Full Version : If you hit, they will come

StockdaleForVeep
05-17-2004, 12:10 AM
I noticed today how much larger the attendence was today and was told by some it was in the 33,000 range, any reason why today was such a high attended game? Also, this is pretty much the first time i ever seen sox draw large and perform well. Generally whenever sox had an ESPN national game or large attendences than normal, they would flop. So hopefully people will have realized we have a team that knows how to play ball now.

pearso66
05-17-2004, 12:13 AM
Today was a high attended game because it was Sunday afternoon vs our rivals.

TornLabrum
05-17-2004, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by pearso66
Today was a high attended game because it was Sunday afternoon vs our rivals.

And it was in the mid-20s. Yesterday was the game that was over 30,000.

doublem23
05-17-2004, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
And it was in the mid-20s. Yesterday was the game that was over 30,000.

From the WGN cameras, I can't believe there were only 26,000 people there. Maybe it's the new UD throwing off my estimations, but there had to be at least 30,000 there.

CHISOXFAN13
05-17-2004, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
From the WGN cameras, I can't believe there were only 26,000 people there. Maybe it's the new UD throwing off my estimations, but there had to be at least 30,000 there.

I think the weather was playing fits with what the crowd looked like. The left field upper deck (sun field) was packed, but the right field side had minimal people.

doublem23
05-17-2004, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
I think the weather was playing fits with what the crowd looked like. The left field upper deck (sun field) was packed, but the right field side had minimal people.

Oh, that might be it.

SoxxoS
05-17-2004, 01:13 AM
We are on ESPN tomorrow, so we better show up.

You know we aren't going to get any highlights on baseball tonight if Garland doesn't pitch a no-hitter or there is no fight between the teams...

WhiteSox = Life
05-17-2004, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
We are on ESPN tomorrow, so we better show up.

You know we aren't going to get any highlights on baseball tonight if Garland doesn't pitch a no-hitter or there is no fight between the teams...

The only problem is, unless we show up in Jacob's Field, we won't be watching much of a game.

On the other hand, I've heard Roger Bossard's quite the entertainer.

:smile:

SoxxoS
05-17-2004, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by WhiteSox = Life
The only problem is, unless we show up in Jacob's Field, we won't be watching much of a game.

On the other hand, I've heard Roger Bossard's quite the entertainer.

:smile:

My bad, I meant the team better show up, not the fans. The team better show up on national TV like they did 2 wednesdays ago.

gosox41
05-17-2004, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by StockdaleForVeep
I noticed today how much larger the attendence was today and was told by some it was in the 33,000 range, any reason why today was such a high attended game? Also, this is pretty much the first time i ever seen sox draw large and perform well. Generally whenever sox had an ESPN national game or large attendences than normal, they would flop. So hopefully people will have realized we have a team that knows how to play ball now.

It was well attended for 3 reasons:

1. The Twins were in town
2. It was Bat Day
3. It was kids day where they get in for $1.

#2 and 3 played a bigger role in the increases attendance.

Bob