PDA

View Full Version : Wow the Royals are Bad

SoxBoy14
05-16-2004, 06:05 PM
What happened to KC? 11-24, last place in the AL Central and they're behind the Tigers and Indians!!! Are they done or do you think they could make a mid-season comeback?

doublem23
05-16-2004, 06:09 PM
What? You must fear Kansas City!

:)

batmanZoSo
05-16-2004, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by SoxBoy14
What happened to KC? 11-24, last place in the AL Central and they're behind the Tigers and Indians!!! Are they done or do you think they could make a mid-season comeback?

They were never that good. Last year was a complete fluke. I'm pretty sure they got outscored by their opponents on the year last year and finished above .500. Now their pitching is worse, mostly left handers, none of them worth a damn.

JohnBasedowYoda
05-16-2004, 06:18 PM
i wish that'd happen to minny

batmanZoSo
05-16-2004, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by JohnBasedowYoda
i wish that'd happen to minny

Nice sig. You should superimpose his head onto John Basedows washboard abs.

Jedi School: we do honor, courage, swiftness...and even abs!

johnny_mostil
05-16-2004, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
They were never that good. Last year was a complete fluke. I'm pretty sure they got outscored by their opponents on the year last year and finished above .500. Now their pitching is worse, mostly left handers, none of them worth a damn.

You are correct, they did get outscored. They played way over their heads last season and then spent a small wad of cash on guys like Graffy and Sullivan, and brought in Juan Gonzalez and Benito Santiago, and thought they'd put themselves over the hump.

Would you have thought the Sox had improved themselves with Benito Santiago and Juan Gone? No? So why would those guys improve the Royals?

They were a very trendy pick to win the division six weeks ago -- mostly because the Royals have a high fan quotient among pro sportswriters -- and they collapsed, as pretty much anybody who thought about it would have expected.

CLR01
05-16-2004, 06:40 PM
So I guess the road to the AL central crown has be moved.

PINWHEELS
05-16-2004, 07:22 PM
They have no Pitching and now they have a Clubhouse cancer called Juan Gonzalez.

TDog
05-16-2004, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by PINWHEELS
They have no Pitching and now they have a Clubhouse cancer called Juan Gonzalez.

Funny, though, how the sports media knew they had no pitching and still talked them up before the season. Nobody seemed to care that they were opening he season with five pitchers on the DL.

chisox06
05-16-2004, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by SoxBoy14

Any team that has good too decent pitching can make a comeback and win a long string of games. But KC's pitching is absoloutely pathetic, so there gonna stay down there barring a miracle.

elrod
05-16-2004, 08:35 PM
No Lima. No Runelvys. Leskanic's a joke. May is back to Earth. Anderson is no ace. There's your answer. The Royals still get a ton of runs. But their starters and relievers are awful.

SoxxoS
05-16-2004, 09:00 PM
And everyone's favority guy , Tony Pena, still thinks they are going to win the Central. If that isn't oral diarrhea I don't know what is.

Lip Man 1
05-16-2004, 09:10 PM
Not unless all those injured pitchers come back. Shades of the White Sox of 2001.

Lip

bigdommer
05-16-2004, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo

I wouldn't put too much emphasis on the whole runs scored vs. runs against argument. The Sox scored 15 and 11 in two shutouts this week. That is 24 runs (taking away the two winning runs) that didn't matter. Guess what, the Sox have scored 23 more runs than they have allowed this year.