PDA

View Full Version : Disheartening


NSSoxFan2
05-16-2004, 04:02 PM
I have been around WSI for as long as anyone, but these recent threads basically saying the rest of our season is done, trade everyone, ect. is getting quite frustrating. I understand the pain of being a fan, especially with what we have gone through as Sox fans. No team is going to go through a season without losing streaks, against good teams AND bad teams. Anyways, I am disheartened by the negativity that is surrounding this team by some people on this site. We are 19-16, hopefully 20-16 as we are beating the Twinkies right now, with a challenging road trip to Cleveland and Minny.

I don't want to be the only one standing with those of us that have said not to panic. There isn't a whole lot I can say or do to convince the negative fans, I guess I am just very frustrated with you folks.

Loiza is pitching good, Shoe is good, Buerhle is good, Garland is good. Our hitting has just not been good, period. Once our hitting gets going, we will be just fine.

Patrick134
05-16-2004, 04:19 PM
I've seen this all before. all of the naysayers will be back when the sox get hot, and then commence whining again when they get cold. Except Lip. if the sox won 12 world series in a row, he'd say that we would have had 13 but JR screwed up somehow.

ChiSox7
05-16-2004, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by NSSoxFan2
I have been around WSI for as long as anyone, but these recent threads basically saying the rest of our season is done, trade everyone, ect. is getting quite frustrating. I understand the pain of being a fan, especially with what we have gone through as Sox fans. No team is going to go through a season without losing streaks, against good teams AND bad teams. Anyways, I am disheartened by the negativity that is surrounding this team by some people on this site. We are 19-16, hopefully 20-16 as we are beating the Twinkies right now, with a challenging road trip to Cleveland and Minny.

I don't want to be the only one standing with those of us that have said not to panic. There isn't a whole lot I can say or do to convince the negative fans, I guess I am just very frustrated with you folks.

Loiza is pitching good, Shoe is good, Buerhle is good, Garland is good. Our hitting has just not been good, period. Once our hitting gets going, we will be just fine.

Until they give us a reason not to be frustrated, I don't see what the problem is. We all just want to win, but they look like they dont care. We score 9 runs so far today. Awesome. We needed a win. Why couldnt they just get 1 or 2 more the day before tho. Now if they go off and score 5 or 6 runs a game for the next week, then we have something to be excited about. As it is, you have to be a little weary because it could just be another last Tuesday against baltimore.

As it stands right now, we have scored 12 runs to the Twins 7 this series, and we are going to lose the series. That is extremely frustrating and the reason we have lost the last three years.

If we go out and average 5 or 6 runs this week, and get back even with Minnesota, I'll be VERY VERY glad to be blasted by everybody on the site as I eat my crow. I just dont think it will happen though.

FarWestChicago
05-16-2004, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Patrick134
I've seen this all before. all of the naysayers will be back when the sox get hot, and then commence whining again when they get cold. Except Lip. if the sox won 12 world series in a row, he'd say that we would have had 13 but JR screwed up somehow. Yeah, Lip's Legionnaires are fickle. They're up and down more than the stock market. The Master, Lip, is quite consistent.

HomeFish
05-16-2004, 04:44 PM
I don't understand why giving up on the team and not "leaving" are considered mutally exclusive.

Do I think the Sox can win the Central? No. Do I still go to games? Yes. It's fun, why not?

Patrick134
05-16-2004, 04:57 PM
You'd have to be insane not to think that the sox "can" win the central. whether they will or not is another matter as far as execution goes, but it's obvious they have a talent base capable of winning the division.

HomeFish
05-16-2004, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Patrick134
You'd have to be insane not to think that the sox "can" win the central. whether they will or not is another matter as far as execution goes, but it's obvious they have a talent base capable of winning the division.

The two are the same for our purposes.

GoSox2K3
05-16-2004, 05:16 PM
The Sox look like they've really given up on the season today. Why isn't anyone going to the games? - it looks like there are only 400 people at today's game :smile:

NSSoxFan2
05-16-2004, 05:18 PM
*****!!!

HomeFish
05-16-2004, 05:19 PM
Interestingly enough, the last time we had Free Bat Day with real wooden bats the Sox also took a really big lead in the middle innings.

If I recall correctly, they put up 9 against the Yankees. In the top of the 9th the Yankees scored 8 runs, including a Grand Slam by Rickey Ledee, the worst player on the Yankees at that time.

Not saying it's gonna happen again, but...

Unregistered
05-16-2004, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by HomeFish
If I recall correctly, they put up 9 against the Yankees. In the top of the 9th the Yankees scored 8 runs, including a Grand Slam by Rickey Ledee, the worst player on the Yankees at that time.

Not saying it's gonna happen again, but... OK, that's it. You are now officially "Little Lip".

:hawk
"Perfect!"

pudge
05-16-2004, 05:57 PM
It's been this way at WSI for the past couple seasons, mainly because this team is maddeningly inconsistent.

I agree that it's hard to read through sometimes. You just gotta skim and pick the threads that actually have some insight.

:)

The_Floridian
05-16-2004, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by NSSoxFan2
I have been around WSI for as long as anyone, but these recent threads basically saying the rest of our season is done, trade everyone, ect. is getting quite frustrating. I understand the pain of being a fan, especially with what we have gone through as Sox fans. No team is going to go through a season without losing streaks, against good teams AND bad teams. Anyways, I am disheartened by the negativity that is surrounding this team by some people on this site. We are 19-16, hopefully 20-16 as we are beating the Twinkies right now, with a challenging road trip to Cleveland and Minny.

I don't want to be the only one standing with those of us that have said not to panic. There isn't a whole lot I can say or do to convince the negative fans, I guess I am just very frustrated with you folks.

Loiza is pitching good, Shoe is good, Buerhle is good, Garland is good. Our hitting has just not been good, period. Once our hitting gets going, we will be just fine.

I'm with ya.

It's been getting a little frustrating the last couple of days to see the posts on how the season is all over now that we've hit a cold snap.

So we hit bad in Toronto and the first two games against Minnesota. BIG DEAL.

Teams go through slumps. It happens. Right now, our offense has been slumping. These things don't last forever, so chill.

I mean, seriously, aren't you doomsayers even a little encouraged by how good our pitching has been so far?

If during Spring Training someone had told you we'd be 3rd in the league in ERA at this point, that Schoenweis would have the lowest ERA of our starters at 3.18, and that Jon Adkins and Shingo Takatsu would have turned out to be total studs, we would have been overjoyed.

Our pitching staff has been outstanding. Better, I think, than any of us expected. Our offense is going to get better (we always have problems in May) and when it does, we're going to be tough to stop.

Love this team. love this manager. Can't wait to see all the gllom and doom crowd come pouring back into the tent when the revival is in full swing.

Hallelujah.

Lip Man 1
05-16-2004, 09:33 PM
World Series? What's that...I've heard rumors about this in October but the Sox are never there so I don't know what it is.

Must be a myth...

Lip

MRKARNO
05-16-2004, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
OK, that's it. You are now officially "Little Lip".


At least Lip has an arguement that I can sympathize with. I disagree, but sympathize with it. HomeFish is just the epitome of pessimism without a cause. Lip at least has a cause (Seeya to Reinsy).

soxwon
05-16-2004, 09:48 PM
its much too early to give up.
we are only 2 games out big deal
kw on was 1000 after the game, he is about to make a deal if need be.
this team will win the division, and get into second round of the playoffs.
if you want to give up- do so
just dont waste our time, posting negative remarks
i believe as do most here.
come back next year, when we go for 2 series titles.
im(im hopeing on that) but you never know!!!

bigdommer
05-16-2004, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by pudge
It's been this way at WSI for the past couple seasons, mainly because this team is maddeningly inconsistent.

I agree that it's hard to read through sometimes. You just gotta skim and pick the threads that actually have some insight.

:)

Pick and choose, that's the name of the game.

Bucktown
05-16-2004, 09:54 PM
I have stopped visitng WSI on a regular basis. It is not fun to listen to people that act like 3.0 games out in May is the same as 12 games out in September.

StockdaleForVeep
05-16-2004, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by NSSoxFan2
I have been around WSI for as long as anyone, but these recent threads basically saying the rest of our season is done, trade everyone, ect. is getting quite frustrating. I understand the pain of being a fan, especially with what we have gone through as Sox fans. No team is going to go through a season without losing streaks, against good teams AND bad teams. Anyways, I am disheartened by the negativity that is surrounding this team by some people on this site. We are 19-16, hopefully 20-16 as we are beating the Twinkies right now, with a challenging road trip to Cleveland and Minny.

I don't want to be the only one standing with those of us that have said not to panic. There isn't a whole lot I can say or do to convince the negative fans, I guess I am just very frustrated with you folks.

Loiza is pitching good, Shoe is good, Buerhle is good, Garland is good. Our hitting has just not been good, period. Once our hitting gets going, we will be just fine.

i 100% agree with ya and if uve read my recent posts, many people just need to take some xanax. Its funny how 1 bad game starts the "oh god our seasons over" threads yet when we have offensive titan games like today or the baltimore game, nobody goes "OMG! WE GOT THE WORLD SERIES WON!"

Irishsoxfan
05-17-2004, 02:37 AM
Or how about the "we scored 11 today so we're obviously going to lose tomorrow" threads! They suck the most.

FarWestChicago
05-17-2004, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by Bucktown
I have stopped visitng WSI on a regular basis. It is not fun to listen to people that act like 3.0 games out in May is the same as 12 games out in September. We've lost several other excellent, thoughtful posters because of Lip and his Legionnaires. For some reason they think their Ken Blanks inspired ranting isn't a waste of electrons. Meanwhile folks like you and Czalgoz leave. :(:

batmanZoSo
05-17-2004, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by HomeFish
Interestingly enough, the last time we had Free Bat Day with real wooden bats the Sox also took a really big lead in the middle innings.

If I recall correctly, they put up 9 against the Yankees. In the top of the 9th the Yankees scored 8 runs, including a Grand Slam by Rickey Ledee, the worst player on the Yankees at that time.

Not saying it's gonna happen again, but...

We hung on and won that game. In the bottom of the 8th, Magglio hit what looked like a lead-padding 3 run bomb, then Manuel brought in Howry and Foulke with like a 7 run lead and they didn't have the...intensity...as Hawk would say.

SSN721
05-17-2004, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
At least Lip has an arguement that I can sympathize with. I disagree, but sympathize with it. HomeFish is just the epitome of pessimism without a cause. Lip at least has a cause (Seeya to Reinsy).

Micheal Kay is gonna fire Reinsy? Awesome :D:

gosox41
05-17-2004, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by NSSoxFan2
I have been around WSI for as long as anyone, but these recent threads basically saying the rest of our season is done, trade everyone, ect. is getting quite frustrating. I understand the pain of being a fan, especially with what we have gone through as Sox fans. No team is going to go through a season without losing streaks, against good teams AND bad teams. Anyways, I am disheartened by the negativity that is surrounding this team by some people on this site. We are 19-16, hopefully 20-16 as we are beating the Twinkies right now, with a challenging road trip to Cleveland and Minny.

I don't want to be the only one standing with those of us that have said not to panic. There isn't a whole lot I can say or do to convince the negative fans, I guess I am just very frustrated with you folks.

Loiza is pitching good, Shoe is good, Buerhle is good, Garland is good. Our hitting has just not been good, period. Once our hitting gets going, we will be just fine.


I don't mind the losing streaks, it's the fact that this team does the same thing every May and it usually creates sucb too big a hole to dig out of.


Bob

ma-gaga
05-17-2004, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
We've lost several other excellent, thoughtful posters because of Lip and his Legionnaires. For some reason they think their Ken Blanks inspired ranting isn't a waste of electrons. Meanwhile folks like you and Czalgoz leave. :(:

There's another sub-religion of WSI'ers? What is this one called?

They need a good name, and I nominate FOLIPS.

Lip Man 1
05-17-2004, 01:23 PM
West:

It bothers me that you claim I am responsible for the site losing some fans.

In fact the more I think about it the more pissed off I get.

I have as much right as anybody else to say what I feel and if I want to say it a million times that's to bad.

If you don't think I have that right then ban me but if you do, some of the things that I spend a great deal of time and effort on go with me.

I'm sorry those folks don't want to remain and join us in these discussions, if they don't stay that's by their choice. Personally I thought they had more guts. Running away because the news is bad doesn't solve the 'problem.'

If they stuck around perhaps there would be more 'optimism' on this site. And if you go through the threads particularly from this season you'll see a number of fans (and I can name them if you want) who are far more worse then I've been.

Lip

Randar68
05-17-2004, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
West:

It bothers me that you claim I am responsible for the site losing some fans.

In fact the more I think about it the more pissed off I get.

I have as much right as anybody else to say what I feel and if I want to say it a million times that's to bad.

If you don't think I have that right then ban me but if you do, some of the things that I spend a great deal of time and effort on go with me.

I'm sorry those folks don't want to remain and join us in these discussions, if they don't stay that's by their choice. Personally I thought they had more guts. Running away because the news is bad doesn't solve the 'problem.'

If they stuck around perhaps there would be more 'optimism' on this site. And if you go through the threads particularly from this season you'll see a number of fans (and I can name them if you want) who are far more worse then I've been.

Lip

Actually, this is a privated owned and operated forum. While freedom of speech is attempted and ideally maintained. It is required by nobody. If they wanted to ban your ass tomorrow, they don't even need a reason.

Ok, now back to your regularly scheduled cry, moan, and whine seesion, courtesy of FOLIPS.

Randar68
05-17-2004, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
I'm sorry those folks don't want to remain and join us in these discussions, if they don't stay that's by their choice. Personally I thought they had more guts. Running away because the news is bad doesn't solve the 'problem.'

BTW, because you're a bitter shmuck, who turns every positive into a negative and repeats it over and over and over (favorite tactic of the "media, thinking repetition = truth) does not make it so in "reality."

You're not even a "glass half-empty" person. You're a "JR pissed in the glass, dumped it on your head, and then made you pay him for it" person.

It's obnoxious, bitter, tiresome, repetitive, etc etc etc.

But then again, you're in the media (in Idaho *cough*) and we're just jealous.... If you want to act like someone pisses in your cornflakes every morning, do it in private. It's fine if you don't appreciate it, but EVERY day, you act surprised that, yes, there is AGAIN piss in your cornflakes.


BLA!

poorme
05-17-2004, 01:40 PM
Way to go with the personal insults!

FarWestChicago
05-17-2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
West:

It bothers me that you claim I am responsible for the site losing some fans.It's a fact, Lip. Just deal with it. You are a great interviewer and writer. But your obsessive, redundant posting bothers many people. I don't think it's a bannable offense at this point. But I also surely have the right to comment on it. You have to deal with that, too.

And I honestly don't think any of the Legionnaires have passed you up yet. You are still Master. :smile:

Randar68
05-17-2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by poorme
Way to go with the personal insults!

I stick to my guns.