PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know how to bunt on this team?

ChiSoxTony
05-16-2004, 10:04 AM
This team has the worst bunting skills that I have ever seen on a Major League team. I think Harris is actually afraid to bunt.

JGarlandrules20
05-16-2004, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by ChiSoxTony
This team has the worst bunting skills that I have ever seen on a Major League team. I think Harris is actually afraid to bunt.

Carlos Lee can! Hah. His bunt was fricken amazing yesterday. I was at the game and I was so suprised I thought maybe someone else was up for a second.

Runner on first, no outs and they still couldn't score him. A perfect bunt...wasted. :(:

Brian26
05-16-2004, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by JGarlandrules20
Carlos Lee can! Hah. His bunt was fricken amazing yesterday. I was at the game and I was so suprised I thought maybe someone else was up for a second.

Surprised the hell out of me, too. I don't know how that ball stayed fair.

Lip Man 1
05-16-2004, 12:30 PM
This group has had a difficult time mastering the fundamentals for years. Despite putting particular attention on them in the spring and despite two managers they still can't seem to do them.

Perhaps the root of the problem is the way the staff and scouts are drafting players. Maybe the Sox put to much emphasis on hitting (because with the glut of hitters today they come cheaper) and not enough on people who can run, field, throw, move runners along (bat control) etc.

Minnesota seems to take a different approach and it has been showing since 2002.

Lip

batmanZoSo
05-16-2004, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by JGarlandrules20

Runner on first, no outs and they still couldn't score him. A perfect bunt...wasted. :(:

You're kind of right there. Surprisingly enough, Lee can bunt very well for the type of hitter he is.