PDA

View Full Version : Rick Morrissey's New Column

Lip Man 1
05-16-2004, 02:27 AM
From his new Tribune column:

"We have better talent [than the Twins], but that doesn't win games," Guillen said.

Raise your hand if you're sick of hearing about the Sox's talent. And raise your hand if you're sick of hearing about the Twins' ability to play as a team. At some point, you would expect Sox players to take notice of the fact Minnesota keeps losing good players yet continues to win games.

The underwhelming Twins have beaten the Sox seven straight times while treating the local team like a cigarette butt. Perhaps it's time for all of us to be whelmed by the Twins."

Right on the money.

Lip

hellenicsoxfan
05-16-2004, 03:02 AM
I couldn't agree more. This is the fourth straight year we are hearing the same things, and I for one am getting tired of it. The team commercials say everything has changed, but during the first real big series of the year against our biggest rival, we see the same old garbage on the field. Quit telling us how much better the Sox talent is over the Twins. We've heard that for 4 years also. Either prove on the field that you are more talented, or just shut up.

samram
05-16-2004, 07:22 AM
It's too late to prove that they are more talented. After four years, I think it's clear the Twins have more talent. It sickens me to say that, but you can't win consistently against one team simply on luck. They have more players that bring 3 or more tools to the game and they have done a better job developing their own players through their system.

cheeses_h_rice
05-16-2004, 11:27 AM
In other news, the sun rose in the East today, and the IRS still wants your taxes by April 15.

BearSox
05-16-2004, 11:30 AM
Wait you're actually telling me that a tribune columnist is actually doing a story on how the sox....play baseball?????????

CWSGuy406
05-16-2004, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
In other news, the sun rose in the East today, and the IRS still wants your taxes by April 15.

Thank you, cheese, for yet again being the voice of reason. Last year, the SOX beat the Twins in the first series, around the beginning of May, and took two games out of three from the Twins. The Twins scored a total of six runs that series - six runs in three games. Relax, relax, and r-e-l-a-x. :smile: :gulp:

white sox bill
05-16-2004, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

And don't forget the Twinks beat the Sox and the sun will set in the West. Welcome to Groundhog Day! Bets anyone we'll go down 5-3 today?

iwannago
05-16-2004, 12:47 PM
Don't forget last year the Sox won 10 of the first 14 games against the Twins yet lost the last five against the Twins and the AL Central.