PDA

View Full Version : It's Jeremy Reed time


jcirish85
05-15-2004, 11:37 PM
It is time for a change after right handed hitter after right handed hitter lazily pop out to the shallow outfield. The Sox need a left handed bat. they need that left handed bat to hit for a high average. they need that player to take over for Aaron Rowand, although his defense will be sorely missed. It's Jeremy Reed time. Let the Jeremy Reed era begin!

dillio
05-16-2004, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by jcirish85
It is time for a change after right handed hitter after right handed hitter lazily pop out to the shallow outfield. The Sox need a left handed bat. they need that left handed bat to hit for a high average. they need that player to take over for Aaron Rowand, although his defense will be sorely missed. It's Jeremy Reed time. Let the Jeremy Reed era begin!

could not agree more

gogosoxgogo
05-16-2004, 10:07 AM
I've got to disagree. You don't want to bring a rookie up to a struggling offense with hopes that he can be the one to jump-start it. Please, let's not totally screw up Reed, the kid's got a lot of potential.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-16-2004, 10:18 AM
If the Sox get swept by losing to the Twins today, I would be surprised if the Sox *didn't* make some moves. After six weeks, the holes on this team are obvious and most of them were utterly predictable, too.

Everyday benchings, minor league call ups, trades... it's all on the table for consideration now.

CyYoung5621
05-16-2004, 10:40 AM
I think Reed is ready for the bigs.

Brian26
05-16-2004, 10:56 AM
I think it's very possible we might see move like this soon.

iwannago
05-16-2004, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by CyYoung5621
I think Reed is ready for the bigs.

Agree

Dub25
05-16-2004, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by gogosoxgogo
I've got to disagree. You don't want to bring a rookie up to a struggling offense with hopes that he can be the one to jump-start it. Please, let's not totally screw up Reed, the kid's got a lot of potential.

Qoute of the day. But hey, what do we know.

The Cheat
05-16-2004, 08:01 PM
Reed's Batting .235 for the month of May in Charlotte --- Including 0-4 today --

He has increased his patience at the plate, walking 13 times against 7K's this month, but has hit safely substancially less this month.

Randar68
05-16-2004, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Dub25
Qoute of the day. But hey, what do we know.

The FOC? not a damned thing... glad you asked...

Hangar18
05-17-2004, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
After six weeks, the holes on this team are obvious and most of them were utterly predictable, too.


Thats whats a crying FREAKING SHAME. All the holes in this Team are HOLES WEVE BEEN DISCUSSING SINCE 11/03

Realist
05-22-2004, 04:17 PM
EXTRA, EXTRA, REED'S ALL ABOUT IT AS KNIGHTS WIN 10-9
PAWTUCKET, RI-- Jeremy Reed went 3-for-6 with two home runs and a double and threw the winning run out at home plate in the bottom of the ninth inning as the Knights slayed Pawtucket 10-9 in ten innings Friday night. Pawtucket scored the tying run on a bases loaded two-out single in the ninth, but Earl Snyder was thrown out by Reed at home to send the game to extra innings.

http://www.charlotteknights.com/

Looks like he's heating up too.

guillen4life13
05-22-2004, 04:32 PM
Reed is currently holding a .292 Batting average with a .396 SLG %. That does not encourage me, as much as I think the Sox need a legit CF'er.

I'd be more in favor of just sending Willie to CF and putting Uribe at 2nd base.

If Reed heats up, then maybe they should consider calling him up but right now I'm not too encouraged. Give it time.

SoxxoS
05-22-2004, 04:48 PM
We need to make sure those wrists are sound before we bring him up...the 2 homers today is VERY encouraging.

lowesox
05-22-2004, 05:32 PM
I think it's still too soon. If the sox go on a major losing streak then I'd consider it. But right now, why upset the chemistry? I wouldn't make a single change right now.