PDA

View Full Version : Offensive Futility Thread

RKMeibalane
05-15-2004, 11:54 PM
The Sox offense is so bad that it deserves it's own thread.

JRIG
05-16-2004, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
The Sox offense is so bad that it deserves it's own thread.

If Frank would score from first on all of those doubles Lee, Konerko, and Crede are hitting, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

pearso66
05-16-2004, 01:03 AM
If only Frank would stop getting all of those worthless walks. What good is it if he is on base, come on and swing at the ones over your head.

SoxxoS
05-16-2004, 02:57 AM
You can't win games when CLee, Crede, Konerko, Rowand, and Olivo/Alomar can't really get hits. Ordonez can, but they are coming at the wrong time. He padded his stats awfully well in that 15-0 game. But that isn't what we need.

The only guys that really deserve a spot in the lineup BASED ON PERFORMANCE are:

Harris
Uribe
Thomas
Ordonez (barely)

That's it. And this is a team that relies on the home run, and two of the above players can him them...but they are solo shots.

And we are wondering why we aren't scoring any runs.

JohnBasedowYoda
05-16-2004, 03:39 AM
it's really depressing...how many popups do we get? i was thinking of creating a drinking game while watching a sox game. for every popup (or dp) you take a slug out of your beer. for every solo homerun a shot of booze (your choice. pref jager or vodka). If pk has a stolen base you do a keg stand.

These guys are "streaky" but this means that we're due for a hot streak soon. we can avoid the sweep, take a few from them in minny and be in good shape.

When are we due for the tigers, indians? We need a good punching bag

hellenicsoxfan
05-16-2004, 03:53 AM
Originally posted by JohnBasedowYoda
it's really depressing...how many popups do we get? i was thinking of creating a drinking game while watching a sox game. for every popup (or dp) you take a slug out of your beer. for every solo homerun a shot of booze (your choice. pref jager or vodka). If pk has a stolen base you do a keg stand.

These guys are "streaky" but this means that we're due for a hot streak soon. we can avoid the sweep, take a few from them in minny and be in good shape.

When are we due for the tigers, indians? We need a good punching bag

I was at the game Saturday night and was also getting sick of all the popups and weak fly balls. I was expecting a good offensive game against a winless pitcher with a 6.87 ERA and all I got was a 4-hitter (and one of the hits was a bunt single). Not exactly an awesome offensive display.

Beware of the punching bags - they punched back last year.

Happy Felsch Fan
05-16-2004, 09:25 AM
all the pop ups remind me of the playoffs a couple of years ago against seattle. nothing seems to have changed.

jlh0023
05-16-2004, 12:25 PM
What happened to Ozzieball? Where is the energy, and the baserunners, and the aggresive offense. I think the offensive energy wore off. We need to get it back.
We can complain about individual players all we want, but no-one can offer a solution to players who are slumping (except Carlos.... if he would take off the blindfold while batting that would help). But all of are other guys have been on and off all season. Some games we get by carried by 3 hitters, but are guys need to start doing it day in and day out. Even Pauly started the season well for the first two weeks. Crede has had several clutch homers, and Olivo can hit, and he can lay down the best bunt on the team.
We have the tools, we just gotta put them together..... I think Ozzie needs to have a long talk with the boys in the dugout.
The problem isn't in the players on the field, they all have tools to add to the lineup, they just have to start getting their **** together.