PDA

View Full Version : Photo Day!

bafiarocks03
05-15-2004, 10:14 PM
I was wondering if anyone has any information on Fujifilm Photo Day! i'm planning on going! i heard on the radio that you are supposed to enter at Gate 1 with a Fujifilm QuickSnap camera! i was jsut seeing if anyone had anymore info! thanks!!

LongLiveFisk
05-15-2004, 11:06 PM
I've gone quite a few times and am going this year as well. You can get some great close-ups of players. And, you can bring in any camera, it doesn't have to be a Fuji. They just say that to promote their own brand, of course. You will want to get there early so you can get a spot in line and be able to be up front for the pics without anyone standing in front of you. (Having to stand behind someone really blows!)

Let me know if you have any other questions.

southsidegirl
05-15-2004, 11:47 PM
I soooooooooo wanna go to that. I'm gonna get my dad to buy the tickets tomorrow.

ewokpelts
05-16-2004, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by southsidegirl
I soooooooooo wanna go to that. I'm gonna get my dad to buy the tickets tomorrow.

if u buy a fujii product, you can get half off tix for the game
Gene

bafiarocks03
05-16-2004, 02:02 PM
thank you! but do you still have to enter in a certain gate!??

southsidegirl
05-16-2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
if u buy a fujii product, you can get half off tix for the game
Gene

We have these tickets to the upper deck from Soxfest and if you buy lower deck tickets, they're half off...............Maybe we could use those Saturday night and the other ones Sunday night.....

TDog
05-16-2004, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by bafiarocks03
thank you! but do you still have to enter in a certain gate!??

If it's done as it has been in the past, you will have to line up outside of Gate 1, which you don't normally access. Gate 2 is on the south side of the stadium, and the line will run beyond that before they cut it off. I'm not sure when they will open access to Gate 1 for people to line up, but last year I was one of the first people in parking lot C, and there were a lot of people in the photo line in front of me. Get there early and be prepared to stand in line. But it will be worth it.

I went last year and the year before. Probably the year before that as well. I took my digital camera with Fuji film, although no one checked to see what I was packing. Some people took digital cameras. I loved it. Every year it became more popular. Players shake hands and talk to people. Some hold babies. I would especially like to be there this year with Ozzie and Harold with the team.

bafiarocks03
05-16-2004, 09:00 PM
thank you so much!! i will so like die when i meet people! I was so close to fainting when i saw D'Angelo Jimenez walk around the corner at The Taste of Chicago last year!! but thank you! i still really have no idea where gate 1 is! i always enter at gate 3!!

StillMissOzzie
05-17-2004, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by TDog
I took my digital camera with Fuji film, although no one checked to see what I was packing.

Huh? How can a digital camera have ANY film in it, let alone Fuji brand?

SMO
:?:

pearso66
05-17-2004, 12:48 AM
I went to this in 2000 i believe, maybe 1999. Had pictures taken with a lot of people, but the big starts, frank, maggs, come out at the end, and usually dont make it all the way through. I was at the far end so i didnt see them, but i did have my picture taken with Parque, mark johnson, Foulke, Fordyce, Leifer and a couple more. It was cool, a guy from the stands yelled to one of the players, dont remember which, that he had the homer run ball he hit in Wrigley against the cubs, and gave it to him. The player asked if he wanted somethin, and the fan said, nah, just thought you'd like to have it.

markp8867
05-18-2004, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by bafiarocks03
thank you so much!! i will so like die when i meet people! I was so close to fainting when i saw D'Angelo Jimenez walk around the corner at The Taste of Chicago last year!! but thank you! i still really have no idea where gate 1 is! i always enter at gate 3!!

Make sure you get there early and email me some of your pictures when you get them developed...I can't wait to see them!!

:)

markp8867
05-18-2004, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by TDog
Get there early and be prepared to stand in line. But it will be worth it.

How early do you have to get there? And how long does it last? I think the game starts at 2:05pm.

bafiarocks03
05-18-2004, 09:18 PM
Make sure you get there early and email me some of your pictures when you get them developed...I can't wait to see them!!

Dont' worry Mark i will!! lol

cubhater
05-18-2004, 10:39 PM
Ok, dummy me. I've never been to Photo Day and am curious if there's batting practice before the game. My friend and I love BP but don't want to bring our gloves if the teams aren't taking it.

Thanks.