PDA

View Full Version : Who should be at Short for the Sox?

Railsplitter
05-15-2004, 08:57 PM
Who should be the Sox' starting short stop?

ChiSox7
05-15-2004, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Railsplitter
Who should be the Sox' starting short stop?

Where is 'does it matter' on this poll. The entire offense sucks. It has early in the season when it matters for the past three years. We could have AROD at SS and it wouldnt matter.

RKMeibalane
05-15-2004, 09:10 PM
(teal)

:hitless

Frater Perdurabo
05-15-2004, 09:42 PM
Ride Uribe's hot bat -- and good D -- as long as he stays hot. DH Valentin and move Frank to 1st.

BainesHOF
05-15-2004, 10:01 PM
Not a bad idea...but let Valentin play first.

RKMeibalane
05-15-2004, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by BainesHOF

What? Valentin doesn't even know where first base is.

Jjav829
05-15-2004, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by BainesHOF

No thanks. Personally, I'm getting sick of the whole "we need to find at-bats for Uribe" concept. To me, Uribe needs to be out there everyday until he shows that he isn't an everyday player. With the way the lineup is going right now, Uribe has to be in there every game. Valentin, Crede, and Harris are the ones who need to have at-bats found for them. If Uribe has to be shuffled around defensively, fine. But get his bat in there while he is hitting.

JohnBasedowYoda
05-15-2004, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
What? Valentin doesn't even know where first base is.

nice tag

dillio
05-16-2004, 03:28 AM
uribe

hsnterprize
05-16-2004, 11:54 AM
Uribe's got a decent bat, but more importantly...he's got a more consistent glove. I like Valentin, but he's got too many holes in his glove for my comfort. His errors are an albatross, and that's not gonna cut if our team is to contend for the division title.

batmanZoSo
05-16-2004, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
To me, Uribe needs to be out there everyday until he shows that he isn't an everyday player. With the way the lineup is going right now, Uribe has to be in there every game. Valentin, Crede, and Harris are the ones who need to have at-bats found for them. If Uribe has to be shuffled around defensively, fine. But get his bat in there while he is hitting.

Uribe has been a total sparkplug all year. He's far and away the most consistent hitter we have if his numbers are any indication (you certainly can't argue with his average). Hasn't anyone heard of riding out a hot streak? He's also the best fielder on the team, including the most versatile. The guy can play the whole infield. It's a travesty that he sits as much as he does.

It's partly Ozzie's fault for not seeming to realize this, but it's also KW's fault for giving his manager too many players for too little positions (and not enough players in others for that matter).

Harris can play center, Uribe can play any position...why doesn't he play for Crede more often? I mean what has that guy done do earn a set-in-stone starting job? Uribe should play 100% of the time, Willie 80 and Jose 70 (about the percentage we face right handed starters).

jabrch
05-16-2004, 12:26 PM
I don't care which plays SS, but both should be in the lineup. Optimally, we need to bench Rowand and move Harris out to CF - creating space for both Uribe and Valentin to play at the same time.

iwannago
05-16-2004, 12:44 PM
Trade Valentine now before its too late.

jabrch
05-16-2004, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by iwannago
Trade Valentine now before its too late.

Valentine Who?

Seriously - What can we get for Valentin? Not much is my best guess.

SoxBoy14
05-16-2004, 04:53 PM
Both Uribe and Valentin have great offensive skills, but Uribe's defense is way better than Valentin's. Uribe has more hussle to ground balls and makes more plays. Valentin also seems to hit a lot of meaningless homeruns. He either hits it deep or flys out. I say put Uribe at ss and trade Valentin.

doublem23
05-16-2004, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by ChiSox7
Where is 'does it matter' on this poll. The entire offense sucks. It has early in the season when it matters for the past three years. We could have AROD at SS and it wouldnt matter.

:prozac

You need these.

Anyway, for now the Sox should start Uribe at short and Willie at second. The question is who's in center?