SS- Valentin
RF- Ordonez
DH- Thomas
LF- Lee
1B- Konerko
3B- Crede
CF- Rowand
C- Olivo

I can understand that Ozzie doesn't want to tinker with the offense, but he needs to stop sending the same guys out there every day. There are certain players on this team who aren't pulling their weight at all.

habibharu
05-15-2004, 05:29 PM
agreed!

bigdommer
05-15-2004, 05:30 PM
2 schools of thought:

1)If it ain't broke, don't fix it. This offense has been broke lately, so somebody needs to fix it.

2)If you do something long enough, eventually it will work. So, maybe if we keep running these guys out there, they will catch fire.

I guess Ozzie likes school number 2. I understand, but at some point my dog Uribe has got to play. If the lineup was set before the season, why did we trade for him????

ndgt10
05-15-2004, 05:31 PM
Holy ****, is it just me or is URIBE not in the starting lineup. ***? We don't start our best hitter in the first 2 games of the twins series. I don't understand?

ndgt10
05-15-2004, 05:35 PM
A guy hitting >.360 needs to be in the starting lineup. This is ********! It seems like we always bend over for the twins and let them ram it up our @ss.

voodoochile
05-15-2004, 05:35 PM
Hey remember, the Chat Room (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/chat.php?setwidth=955&setheight=450) is open...

ChiSox7
05-15-2004, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by bigdommer
2 schools of thought:

1)If it ain't broke, don't fix it. This offense has been broke lately, so somebody needs to fix it.

2)If you do something long enough, eventually it will work. So, maybe if we keep running these guys out there, they will catch fire.

I guess Ozzie likes school number 2. I understand, but at some point my dog Uribe has got to play. If the lineup was set before the season, why did we trade for him????

They've been 'doing' option 2 for the past three years and it has not worked. It will work one month during July. They need to fix something. THe last four losses have been embarrassing.

SoxxoS
05-15-2004, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by OEO Magglio
Uribe once again isn't playing, I say the sox are lucky to score 2 tonight:

Harris 2b
Valentin ss
Ordonez rf
Thomas DH
Lee LF
Konerko 1b
Crede 3b
Rowand CF
Olivo C

Wait, wait

:chunks

I feel better.

duke of dorwood
05-15-2004, 05:47 PM
With this team and the players on this roster, this is the best possible line-up

voodoochile
05-15-2004, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by OEO Magglio
Uribe once again isn't playing, I say the sox are lucky to score 2 tonight:

Harris 2b
Valentin ss
Ordonez rf
Thomas DH
Lee LF
Konerko 1b
Crede 3b
Rowand CF
Olivo C

In the future, if you post a lineup thread, please make it the official game thread.

MRKARNO
05-15-2004, 05:56 PM
Yeah! Let's exchange lineups with the Expos for a day. That would be SOOO much better

RKMeibalane
05-15-2004, 05:59 PM
The Twins are using a radically different lineup than the one they had yesterday.

:gardenhire

*TINKER* *TINKER* *TINKER*

JRIG
05-15-2004, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by ndgt10
Holy ****, is it just me or is URIBE not in the starting lineup. ***? We don't start our best hitter in the first 2 games of the twins series. I don't understand?

Frank's played both games.

RKMeibalane
05-15-2004, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by JRIG
Frank's played both games.

Good call.

Nard
05-15-2004, 06:42 PM
What did we have in the 15-run game?

-1B- Gload

-2B- Harris
-SS- Valentin
-3B- Uribe

-CF- Perez

Why not use that one again Ozzie? Seemed to work pretty decent.

RKMeibalane
05-15-2004, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Nard

-1B- Gload

-2B- Harris
-SS- Valentin
-3B- Uribe

-CF- Perez

Why not use that one again Ozzie? Seemed to work pretty decent.

White Sox Baseball: If it's fixed, break it.

RKMeibalane
05-15-2004, 06:49 PM
The Sox have managed one hit against Cy Greisinger.

balboner
05-15-2004, 06:49 PM
So far this game has been one of the grossest examples of why the White Sox are not a good, consistent team. How many weak fly balls have been hit already? It's so predictable.

SoxxoS
05-15-2004, 06:50 PM
This team is becoming painful to watch. 5 pop ups in a row, basehit by Olivo, walk by Harris...pop up by Valentin.

Impressive.

RKMeibalane
05-15-2004, 06:55 PM
At least Loaiza seems to have his cutter working. Otherwise, this game would already be over.

MRKARNO
05-15-2004, 06:56 PM
Esteban looked pretty darned good in that 4th inning

balboner
05-15-2004, 06:58 PM
What is wrong with Ordonez right now? His swing looks terrible, as he appears to be going back on his swing instead of forward.

RKMeibalane
05-15-2004, 06:59 PM
FRANK THOMAS!

RKMeibalane
05-15-2004, 07:13 PM
And the Sox give it right back...

SoxxoS
05-15-2004, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by balboner
What is wrong with Ordonez right now? His swing looks terrible, as he appears to be going back on his swing instead of forward.

Hitting is contagious, and we all suck.

This team depends on the home run, and we don't hit homers with runners on base...there is the problem.

Nard
05-15-2004, 07:14 PM
This is pathetic. It's time to trade Esteban.

Nard
05-15-2004, 07:16 PM
Gload would've had that.

RKMeibalane
05-15-2004, 07:18 PM
Gload would've had that.

Konerko has terrible range. Even Frank moves better around the bag then Paul does. I think it's time for KW to trade Paulie.

ChiSox7
05-15-2004, 07:19 PM
This is pathetic. It's time to trade Esteban.

You are kidding right? You've got to be. That statement makes no sense. We have 1 run and 2 hits against a guy with a 6.50 ERA and the pitcher give up two runs and its pathetic.

The ONLY thing pathetic around here is the offense. The pitching as been awesome.

balboner
05-15-2004, 07:19 PM
Honestly, I'm sure people will tell me to quit complaining, but the Sox are just awful right now. This shouldn't be surprising, it's basically same cast of characters that have got it handed to them by the Twins over the last 3 or 4 years. Ozzie has unimpressed me an incredible amount the last week or so.

The_Floridian
05-15-2004, 07:20 PM
"Boy a few dark clouds appear on your horizon and you just go all to pieces don't you?" --Buth Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

RKMeibalane
05-15-2004, 07:23 PM
I wonder if Major League Baseball will let the Sox use Frank as the "all time" DH for tomorrow's game. He can bat twenty seven times, while the rest of the team just plays defense.

Nard
05-15-2004, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
I wonder if Major League Baseball will let the Sox use Frank as the "all time" DH for tomorrow's game. He can bat twenty seven times, while the rest of the team just plays defense.

That's a pretty good idea. One thing's for sure: we wouldn't have to worry about any baserunners. :)

balboner
05-15-2004, 07:25 PM
This 2004 Sox team is way too similar to the teams from the past few years that didn't get the job done. Way too many right handed power hitters that swing for the fences every pitch. The Twins continue to be a team full of "grinders" that shove it right down the Sox throat. The one player that has really seemed to have a good approach at the plate this year has been Uribe, but he's been on the bench for the big series.

chidonez
05-15-2004, 07:28 PM
Honestly, I'm sure people will tell me to quit complaining, but the Sox are just awful right now. This shouldn't be surprising, it's basically same cast of characters that have got it handed to them by the Twins over the last 3 or 4 years. Ozzie has unimpressed me an incredible amount the last week or so.

I don't disagree. I mean, I know baseball is a game of week odds. However, I don't understand why we don't put the hottest guys on the field each day. I don't care if someone (Valentin) is a leader. And I don't care if Crede has been a starter. If you've been hitting .350+ ball for over a month, you gotta be in the game. And if you still can't hit a lefty (Konerko), you gotta sit.

Nard
05-15-2004, 07:30 PM
Well, a fan threw the ball back onto the field.

Now is when I start getting depressed about the team.

rahulsekhar
05-15-2004, 07:34 PM
somewhat related topic, anyone know what the Twins avg w/ RISP is on the season? Seems like whenever they have someone on 3d, they get him in (and usually from 2d as well).

chidonez
05-15-2004, 07:39 PM
BS call...

RKMeibalane
05-15-2004, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by chidonez
BS call...

On Frank?

ChiSox7
05-15-2004, 07:44 PM
BS call...

You get those calls when you've been around the plate all day, and the offense can't hit a thing you throw.

This offense sucks. Absolutely sucks. Maggs swinging at a 3-0 count down two. Maggs has to be the least clutch 14 million dollar player I've ever seen. He loves to rack up the numbers when we're not in contention. Loves it. The when the pressure is on, he goes into a hole. What a joke.

balboner
05-15-2004, 07:45 PM
The Sox are about to be 2-6 since Valentin returned to this team. Our 5 million dollar shortstop is just terrible.

Viva Magglio
05-15-2004, 07:48 PM
Can anyone explain to me why the hell we can't get up for a home series against our divisional arch rival? Had I spent the offseason the regular season to date in Antartica and not known of any offseason changes, I would have assumed that Jerry Manuel is still managing this team.

chidonez
05-15-2004, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by ChiSox7
You get those calls when you've been around the plate all day, and the offense can't hit a thing you throw.

This offense sucks. Absolutely sucks. Maggs swinging at a 3-0 count down two. Maggs has to be the least clutch 14 million dollar player I've ever seen. He loves to rack up the numbers when we're not in contention. Loves it. The when the pressure is on, he goes into a hole. What a joke.

With the exception of last Tues. Mags has been in a slump for a while, but that's not going to cause me to lose faith in the guy. His average is still pretty good for being in a rut. If I'm not mistaken, it looks like he's been tinkering with his swing. He doesn't look comfortable up there. I have some theories, but I'm not an expert on such things so I'll keep them to myself.

chidonez
05-15-2004, 07:51 PM

-1B- Gload

-2B- Harris
-SS- Valentin
-3B- Uribe

-CF- Perez

I really like this line-up.

chidonez
05-15-2004, 07:53 PM
Paulie [strike]comes through[/stike] chokes again.

RKMeibalane
05-15-2004, 07:53 PM
Konerko sucks.

Unregistered
05-15-2004, 07:54 PM
Honestly, I'm sure people will tell me to quit complaining, but the Sox are just awful right now. This shouldn't be surprising, it's basically same cast of characters that have got it handed to them by the Twins over the last 3 or 4 years. Ozzie has unimpressed me an incredible amount the last week or so. In contrast, Gardenhire is sitting Jacque Jones tommorrow based on the fact that he's something like 1-for-26 against MB. What a novel concept, considering Ozzie had no problem putting in a stone cold Konerko to face Lohse last night, who he was like 2-for-1000 against. Naturally, Konerko was a hole for us last night and of course, we lost the game. Also, whatever was said about Valentin being a black hole in the lineup is right - we honestly have been flat out HORRIBLE since he's been back - and if it's not him, then it's a hell of a coincidence.

chidonez
05-15-2004, 07:55 PM
Okay, I'm going to try to think positive thoughts.

RKMeibalane
05-15-2004, 07:58 PM
Konerko, Crede, and Rowand. This has to be the worst 6-7-8 combination in baseball.

balboner
05-15-2004, 07:59 PM
Konerko has become a player that should only play vs LHP. Nothing like having 13 million dollars worth of players (PK and Jose) that are easy outs vs a specific type of pitcher.

SoxxoS
05-15-2004, 08:00 PM
Ozzie's attitude may have been a nice jump start, but it's wearing on the team and the fans fast...he better learn how to make a lineup and actually manage the damn game.

That being said, the players have to take the majority of the blame. Konerko can't hit right handers. Konerko can't hit in May. What does that tell you? Konerko definitely shouldn't be playing against right handers in May. Not rocket science. These guys are grown men and are millionaires, they can handle the benching. It's not like Konerko is going to get worse.

Mentally fragile.

RKMeibalane
05-15-2004, 08:01 PM
Unless the Sox do something in the last two innings, they're going to waste another solid outing by one of their starting pitchers. This crap needs to end.

SoxxoS
05-15-2004, 08:02 PM
Konerko has become a player that should only play vs LHP. Nothing like having 13 million dollars worth of players (PK and Jose) that are easy outs vs a specific type of pitcher.

At least they are opposites and it offers a very easy solution:

You put Valentin in against right handers, occasionally DHing so Uribe can play SS.

You put Konerko in against Lefties, and sit Valentin for Uribe at SS.

Very, very simple.

illinibk

In PK's case he is an easy out for any pitcher with an off-speed or breaking pitch. PK can hit a curve ball about as well as Cerano

RKMeibalane
Originally posted by SoxxoS
It's not like Konerko is going to get worse.

Don't be so sure. He hasn't sunk down to the .185 level he was at last June.

ChiSox7

I'd put 14 million dollars of Maggs in that category. Except, he can only hit when there is no pressure on him, and we are 10 GB in teh standings. Go back the past three seasons and you will see that thats when he puts up his offensive numbers. OTherwise, he just hits when the game is a blowout to pad his stats. See Tuesday afternoon for that.

Unregistered
05-15-2004, 08:05 PM
Who's this Uribe guy?

RKMeibalane
05-15-2004, 08:06 PM
Uribe just struck out. This team is terrible.

Viva Magglio
05-15-2004, 08:06 PM
A loss tonight (foregone conclusion at this point) would drop our record to 19-16 (35 games). That is actually better than last season after 35 games when our record was 16-19. But, like back then, we suck. Ozzie is failing his first serious managerial test. How long will it be before we see "BRING BACK JM!!!" posted on this board?

Unregistered
05-15-2004, 08:07 PM
1 for each of those AB's in the 8th:
:barf
:puke
:blowchunks

SoxxoS
05-15-2004, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by ChiSox7
I'd put 14 million dollars of Maggs in that category. Except, he can only hit when there is no pressure on him, and we are 10 GB in teh standings. Go back the past three seasons and you will see that thats when he puts up his offensive numbers. OTherwise, he just hits when the game is a blowout to pad his stats. See Tuesday afternoon for that.

Sorry bud, they had an article in S.I. about hitting in clutch situations the past 3 years, and Maggs was on top of the list. He isn't the problem.

:caballo :walnuts :manos :sandy :rowand

"Hello."

BearSox
05-15-2004, 08:08 PM
The real question is why is Uribe pinch hitting for one of our most consistent hitter lately when we have 4 other bums in the lineup who can't hit the broad side of a barn! :angry:

Viva Magglio
05-15-2004, 08:09 PM
Okay, I'm going to try to think positive thoughts.

That means your thoughts cannot be White Sox-related. Against our divisional archrival, we're laying down for them like cheap prostitutes.

Unregistered
05-15-2004, 08:11 PM
ARGHHHH... screw this. :angry:

RKMeibalane
05-15-2004, 08:11 PM
I ABSOLUTELY HATE THE SOX ****ING BULLPEN!

Viva Magglio
05-15-2004, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
I ABSOLUTELY HATE THE SOX ****ING BULLPEN!

How about the SOX ****ING OFFENSE TOO!

balboner
05-15-2004, 08:14 PM
THIS TEAM SUCKS. It's kind of sad when you're almost hoping for injuries to players like Konerko, Lee, Sandy, and Politte.

RKMeibalane
The Sox will probably score a run in the ninth, just to tease us again.

BearSox
For those of us who can't get it on tv...hows te crowd taking it? I hope they're letting the team know how fed up we are with this BS we're seeing...

JRIG

GIDPaul Konerko has become Eric Karros in front of our very eyes. With the same albatross contract to match.

Viva Magglio
05-15-2004, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by BearSox
For those of us who can't get it on tv...hows te crowd taking it? I hope they're letting the team know how fed up we are with this BS we're seeing...

They better be. I hope they leave before the fireworks show.

ChiSox7
05-15-2004, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
Sorry bud, they had an article in S.I. about hitting in clutch situations the past 3 years, and Maggs was on top of the list. He isn't the problem.

:caballo :walnuts :manos :sandy :rowand

"Hello."

At sometime I'll get some stats evidence for you. I've just looked at basic stuff. He hits AWESOME with RISP and everything else when we are down 10 games in the standings. But thats not very difficult to do.

Viva Magglio
05-15-2004, 08:20 PM
Q: You know who I think Paul Konkero has become?

A: Dan Pasqua.

RKMeibalane
05-15-2004, 08:20 PM
Horrible game. Just horrible.

Unregistered
05-15-2004, 08:21 PM
A few boos, but not nearly as much as this bull**** team deserves.

voodoochile
05-15-2004, 08:25 PM
Game over, Thread Closed...

Join us in the post game thread (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33390) to talk about it.

You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here...