PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else feel like this?

Spiff
09-14-2001, 05:36 PM
I don't hate Sammy Sosa anymore. I don't even hate Jay Mariotti anymore. I don't hate Robby Alomar or Bobby Higginson or Steve Spurrier or Kobe Bryant or Deion Sanders or Daniel Snyder or anyone in the whole world (except Bin Laden and a few others like that). Either I don't have the energy or this week has just given me a whole new perspective.

FarWestChicago
09-14-2001, 05:58 PM
I don't hate Sammy Sosa anymore. I don't even hate Jay Mariotti anymore. I don't hate Robby Alomar or Bobby Higginson or Steve Spurrier or Kobe Bryant or Deion Sanders or Daniel Snyder Well, I'd still like to punch each of them in the face, but hate is too strong of a word. That is reserved for Bin Laden and his ilk.

Soxboyrob
09-14-2001, 05:58 PM
Great points and great post.
Have always said, what's the point of hating all of them anyway? It's energy wasted. Those guys are all guys trying to live their lives and provide for their families, just like ourselves.

Seinfeld put it best when he said "it all boils down to the shirt that the player is wearing....essentially, you're not booing the player. You're booing the shirt he's wearing.....Booooo, wrong shirt!" We'd cheer for most of the guys you noted if they were wearing Sox jerseys and we'd enjoy Mariotti if he loved Comiskey as much as he loves Wrigley..

There's no longer time or energy for that kind of hate.