PDA

View Full Version : The Definitive Aaron Rowand Poll

voodoochile
05-15-2004, 05:52 PM
Okay, Sox fans, the vocal minority has forced the issue. What's your stance on Aaron Crash Rowand?

SEALgep
05-15-2004, 05:59 PM
This poll sucks. Why don't you just ask if he's a good CF? Yes or no.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-15-2004, 05:59 PM
Isn't it painfully obvious by now that Rowand doesn't have the stick to be a corner outfielder? That leaves just one option... the bottom one.

SoxxoS
05-15-2004, 06:02 PM
I think that

"He is best suited for a fourth outfielder position" needs to be an option...

SEALgep
05-15-2004, 06:05 PM
That's why this poll sucks. Offense is not an issue in this discussion. The argument is whether or not he is a good center fielder. If your going to have a poll in an attempt to prove something, at least make the information relevant to the debate. As it stands people are obviously confused to what your asking about. This strictly about defense.

voodoochile
05-15-2004, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep

I was trying to cover all the bases. Seems the good will be covered by the top two options and the bad will be covered by the bottom two options. Pretty simple math.

I also figured that giving people a chance to weigh in on how good or bad he is might shed some light on the matter.

voodoochile
05-15-2004, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Isn't it painfully obvious by now that Rowand doesn't have the stick to be a corner outfielder? That leaves just one option... the bottom one.

I agree, but I was merely asking about defensive ability. If people feel he is an adequate corner defensive player, they should be able to say so...

MRKARNO
05-15-2004, 06:43 PM
If you think Rowand is among the league elite, you must be blind to the Johnny Damons and Carlos Beltrans of the world

JRIG
05-15-2004, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
If you think Rowand is among the league elite, you must be blind to the Johnny Damons and Carlos Beltrans of the world

Not to mention Andruw Jones, who may be the best defensive center fielder of all time, and Mike Cameron.

SEALgep
05-15-2004, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
If you think Rowand is among the league elite, you must be blind to the Johnny Damons and Carlos Beltrans of the world That's why the poll is flawed. He isn't those guys by any means, but I think he is just a step below from a defensive perspective.

FarWestChicago
05-15-2004, 07:02 PM
That's why the poll is flawed. He isn't those guys by any means, but I think he is just a step below from a defensive perspective. If that "step" is the size of one of the blocks in the Great Pyramid. :smile:

SEALgep
05-15-2004, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
If that "step" is the size of one of the blocks in the Great Pyramid. :smile: Lol. All I'm saying is, I know he isn't those guys, but I continue to see him as a good CF.

voodoochile
05-15-2004, 07:25 PM
Well, he did hit the cutoff man, but first he dropped the baseball which was right at him on a single. E-8

SEALgep
05-15-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Well, he did hit the cutoff man, but first he dropped the baseball which was right at him on a single. E-8 That wasn't a good play. No harm done, but that's no excuse. I still detyermine that to be the exception rather than the norm. Agreed though, bad play.

john2499
05-15-2004, 09:42 PM
All I want....is the same thing the guy who picked option one is smoking!!!

whitesoxwilkes
05-15-2004, 11:15 PM
Good heart, good hustle...bad stick.

soxruleEP
05-17-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by JRIG
Not to mention Andruw Jones, who may be the best defensive center fielder of all time, and Mike Cameron.

Did you ever see Willie Mays?

Randar68
05-17-2004, 03:48 PM
I actually voted for:

"He's a stopgap forced by lack of options. He is a corner outfielder at best"

He's better than the MUCH more physically talented Roger Cedeno, and his hustle and heart get him out of the "He sucks" category.

However, when you don't have the physical talent, it takes heart, hustle, AND fundamentals. Unfortunately Aaron is lacking the last of those 3.

Shoot. I must be speaking for the mythological "silent majority" again, huh SEAL? Looks like some pretty clear-cut evidence on how the majority really does feel.

Frater Perdurabo
05-17-2004, 03:49 PM
Seriously, to the four folks who answered either of the first two options, can I have some of what you've been smoking/drinking/snorting? :gulp:

iwannago
05-17-2004, 03:50 PM

I thought it was a good poll.

Randar68
05-17-2004, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo
Seriously, to the four folks who answered either of the first two options, can I have some of what you've been smoking/drinking/snorting? :gulp:

Haven't you been reading? They've classified themselves as "independent thinkers"... LOL!

Randar68
05-17-2004, 03:52 PM

This offers FAR more precision in determining where the "people" really stand instead of generalizing it into such black and white as "yes or no" would do.

I won't even go into a rant about "why have 5 bits of accuracy as opposed to 2"

Binary sucks, that's why.

FarWestChicago
05-17-2004, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
I won't even go into a rant about "why have 5 bits of accuracy as opposed to 2"I think the whole purpose of the 2 bits of accuracy was to force the "stopgap" voters into pseudo-FOC'ness. :smile:

SEALgep
05-17-2004, 04:40 PM
This offers FAR more precision in determining where the "people" really stand instead of generalizing it into such black and white as "yes or no" would do.

I won't even go into a rant about "why have 5 bits of accuracy as opposed to 2"

Binary sucks, that's why. It doesn't have to be binary, just not misleading. A lot of people voted based on offensive numbers. All I ever said was that Rowand was a good defender in CF. This poll doesn't justify anything, and even if it did, it wouldn't change my opinion in the least. The options in the poll however are not what is being debated. He is a stop gap for lack of better options. That doesn't mean he isn't a good defender.

Randar68
05-17-2004, 04:52 PM
It doesn't have to be binary, just not misleading. A lot of people voted based on offensive numbers. All I ever said was that Rowand was a good defender in CF. This poll doesn't justify anything, and even if it did, it wouldn't change my opinion in the least. The options in the poll however are not what is being debated. He is a stop gap for lack of better options. That doesn't mean he isn't a good defender.

FOC: "Proove to me the Earth is Round"

majority: "Here is why the earth is round, and here is the proof that the ovewhelming majority of people feel that way"

FOC: "Ahhhh, that doesn't prove anything"

Mary, Mother of God, *** is wrong with you?

SEALgep
05-17-2004, 04:55 PM
FOC: "Proove to me the Earth is Round"

majority: "Here is why the earth is round, and here is the proof that the ovewhelming majority of people feel that way"

FOC: "Ahhhh, that doesn't prove anything"

Mary, Mother of God, *** is wrong with you? Nothing is wrong with me. The world being round is a fact, as in it can be proved. Rowand not being an adequate defender cannot be proved as a fact. As much as you say I need to drop the issue, you sure have a lot to say about it yourself. What's up with that?

voodoochile
05-17-2004, 04:59 PM
It doesn't have to be binary, just not misleading. A lot of people voted based on offensive numbers. All I ever said was that Rowand was a good defender in CF. This poll doesn't justify anything, and even if it did, it wouldn't change my opinion in the least. The options in the poll however are not what is being debated. He is a stop gap for lack of better options. That doesn't mean he isn't a good defender.

Okay, just to be clear...

You are arguing that a guy who is considered a "stopgap" can still be a good defender?

I would like for you to explain that position, and try to go slow, because I have no idea how someone can make that statement. The two seem like complete opposites to me.

My thinking is that a stopgap is someone who can do the job, but only well enough to get by - thus they are not good at what they do. The minute someone comes along who IS good at that job, the stopgap stops doing it - hence they aren't "good" merely "adequate".

Since by your own words, Rowand's bat is weak, why would you settle for him in CF if his defense is merely adequate. Find another adequate guy with better offensive skills or a good guy with similarly weak offensive skills and make the change. Am I nuts here?

voodoochile
05-17-2004, 05:00 PM
Nothing is wrong with me. The world being round is a fact, as in it can be proved. Rowand not being an adequate defender cannot be proved as a fact. As much as you say I need to drop the issue, you sure have a lot to say about it yourself. What's up with that?

Okay, now you've changed your tune. Is he adequate, or is he good?

Randar68
05-17-2004, 05:00 PM
Nothing is wrong with me. The world being round is a fact, as in it can be proved. Rowand not being an adequate defender cannot be proved as a fact. As much as you say I need to drop the issue, you sure have a lot to say about it yourself. What's up with that?

Hyperbole, reason, breath, energy... all things wasted on you...

unreal.

FarWestChicago
05-17-2004, 05:02 PM
As much as you say I need to drop the issue, you sure have a lot to say about it yourself. What's up with that? It's just the long tradition here of mediocre to horrilble players having a rabid group of Friends. It's really an amazing phenomonon. :D:

jabrch
05-17-2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
I think that

"He is best suited for a fourth outfielder position" needs to be an option...

That's the answer - right there.

SEALgep
05-17-2004, 05:05 PM
Okay, just to be clear...

You are arguing that a guy who is considered a "stopgap" can still be a good defender?

I would like for you to explain that position, and try to go slow, because I have no idea how someone can make that statement. The two seem like complete opposites to me.

My thinking is that a stopgap is someone who can do the job, but only well enough to get by - thus they are not good at what they do. The minute someone comes along who IS good at that job, the stopgap stops doing it - hence they aren't "good" merely "adequate".

Since by your own words, Rowand's bat is weak, why would you settle for him in CF if his defense is merely adequate. Find another adequate guy with better offensive skills or a good guy with similarly weak offensive skills and make the change. Am I nuts here? You're not nuts, I meant he has good defensive ability, but a weak bat. Therefore, I was speaking as his overall worth to the team as a starter is merely adequate. I think we do have to explore other options for our CF position, maybe Willie serving in that role for Uribe to play. The only argument I am making for Rowand is that he has good defensive ability, not that I want him necessarily as our starter. That's why I said the poll is flawed. I am only discussing defense.

voodoochile
05-17-2004, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by jabrch
That's the answer - right there.

Wouldn't that be a"adequate"?

SEALgep
05-17-2004, 05:06 PM
Okay, now you've changed your tune. Is he adequate, or is he good? Defensively he's good, but as a overall player (offense taken into consideration) he's adequate.

jlh0023
05-17-2004, 05:07 PM
I think this is an interesting poll, which is obvious becuase the answers vary so much. I think Rowand is adequate. He gets it done, and doesn't make too many errors. He is a little greedy about taking the ball, and his routes aren't perfect, but not all teams can afford to have a torii hunter.

voodoochile
05-17-2004, 05:08 PM
You're not nuts, I meant he has good defensive ability, but a weak bat. Therefore, I was speaking as his overall worth to the team as a starter is merely adequate. I think we do have to explore other options for our CF position, maybe Willie serving in that role for Uribe to play. The only argument I am making for Rowand is that he has good defensive ability, not that I want him necessarily as our starter. That's why I said the poll is flawed. I am only discussing defense.

The poll clearly states we are asking about defensive ability. Now you are telling me that the people who voted ignored that and voted on his overall ability.

Maybe we need another poll asking people if they understood the premise of this poll... :?:

SEALgep
05-17-2004, 05:11 PM
The poll clearly states we are asking about defensive ability. Now you are telling me that the people who voted ignored that and voted on his overall ability.

Maybe we need another poll asking people if they understood the premise of this poll... :?: There was at least one poster who made his vote solely for his bat. I don't know how many other people did it, nor does anyone else.

FarWestChicago
05-17-2004, 05:13 PM
The poll clearly states we are asking about defensive ability. Now you are telling me that the people who voted ignored that and voted on his overall ability.He's "independently thinking" for those people. :)

SEALgep
05-17-2004, 05:14 PM
He's "independently thinking" for those people. :) Just going by what I read.

FarWestChicago
05-17-2004, 05:14 PM
There was at least one poster who made his vote solely for his bat. I don't know how many other people did it, nor does anyone else. Rrrreeeeeaaaaacccccchhhhhh.... :D:

Randar68
05-17-2004, 05:16 PM
He's "independently thinking" for those people. :)

Yep, PROVE it, SEAL. How can you speak for all these other "silent" people???

You look pretty silly when the silent majority actually started speaking up.

FarWestChicago
05-17-2004, 05:16 PM
Just going by what I read. And it's no wonder why you dismiss observational data as worthless. :D:

Randar68
05-17-2004, 05:17 PM
Just going by what I read.

See SEAL. These kinds of statements are hypocricy. Have you looked up the real definition of the word yet?

SEALgep
05-17-2004, 05:18 PM
And it's no wonder why you dismiss observational data as worthless. :D: Not worthless, just not worth any more than anybody elses observations.

SEALgep
05-17-2004, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Isn't it painfully obvious by now that Rowand doesn't have the stick to be a corner outfielder? That leaves just one option... the bottom one. Here's one that obviously used his offense as a basis for his decision. Anything else Randar?

Randar68
05-17-2004, 05:20 PM
Not worthless, just not worth any more than anybody elses observations.

LOL... I observe the world is flat.

Yep, definitely not worthless...

Randar68
05-17-2004, 05:21 PM
Here's one that obviously used his offense as a basis for his decision. Anything else Randar?

It is clearly stated in the poll.

You can't really be this dumb? It's getting worse by the post.

SEALgep
05-17-2004, 05:21 PM
LOL... I observe the world is flat.

Yep, definitely not worthless... Your flying way off topic now, how about sticking to the issue. We already discussed the difference between facts and observations.

voodoochile
05-17-2004, 05:23 PM
There was at least one poster who made his vote solely for his bat. I don't know how many other people did it, nor does anyone else.

That would be George who would have voted for the "corner outfielder at best" option if Rowand had the stick to back it up. He said as much in his post...

SEALgep
05-17-2004, 05:23 PM
It is clearly stated in the poll.

You can't really be this dumb? It's getting worse by the post. Stop calling me dumb for my opinion. You don't have to like it, but I swear you have trouble communicating your points. Two years older and you act like your two years old.

SEALgep
05-17-2004, 05:25 PM
That would be George who would have voted for the "corner outfielder at best" option if Rowand had the stick to back it up. He said as much in his post... Right, maybe it isn't a flawed poll, but like I said, my opinion still stands.

FarWestChicago
05-17-2004, 05:28 PM
Not worthless, just not worth any more than anybody elses observations. But you clearly have problems with comprhending what you read/see. George stated if Rowand could hit he would move him up, since he can't he's in the basement. In other words, rated on defense alone, which you insist upon, he's on the bottom. Somehow you misconstrued that into George rating him on offense. Wow!!

SEALgep
05-17-2004, 05:29 PM
But you clearly have problems with comprhending what you read/see. George stated if Rowand could hit he would move him up, since he can't he's in the basement. In other words, rated on defense alone, which you insist upon, he's on the bottom. Somehow you misconstrued that into George rating him on offense. Wow!! No, I said it affected his voting, and it clearly did.

joecrede
05-17-2004, 05:31 PM
The funny thing is CF defense is the least of this team's problems.

FarWestChicago
05-17-2004, 05:36 PM
No, I said it affected his voting, and it clearly did. LOL, you pretty much stepped in it this time. George is probably the last person on this board you should attempt to "independently think" for. It's going to be fun watching you try to tell him what he really meant. This may be popcorn time. :cool:

Randar68
05-17-2004, 05:37 PM
Stop calling me dumb for my opinion. You don't have to like it, but I swear you have trouble communicating your points. Two years older and you act like your two years old.

Opinions are like a-holes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, people today think that means that expressing their opinion saves them from criticism or ridicule. Think again.

SEALgep
05-17-2004, 05:38 PM
Ozzie Guillen even commended Rowand on his defense and pointed out that the change for Willie in CF is strictly for offensive improvement.

Quote "Rowand hasn't had the greatest at bats, but he plays real good defense, and plays hard for me."

Randar has said that he is lying in order to protect him, yet he has no problem discussing his offense as a problem. I disagree.

voodoochile
Right, maybe it isn't a flawed poll, but like I said, my opinion still stands.

Okay, now that we're done discussing the poll's adequacy and have come to the concensus that at the least it isn't flawed, let's take a look at the results as of 5:30 PM Monday, 5/17/2004:

22.34% feel he flat out sucks.

39.36% feel he isn't qualified to play CF except as a stopgap - again, stopgap meaning only good enough until something good comes along.

32.98% feel he is adequate.

5.32% feel he is among the best in the game or simply the best in the game (I assume you voted here and am guessing that Rowand himself is the sole person who voted for better than Toriiiiiii Hunter).

The premise of the poll (from another thread) was that if many more people feel one way than another, we might actually be able to draw some conclusions about his defensive ability.

So, here you are staring at 61.7% of the voters telling you he isn't good, 94.68% saying he is average at best and 5% weighing in with "he's good/amazing".

Even if you take ALL of the votes from the adequate section and equate them as votes for "good", you still have a 3-2 ratio of posters who feel that Rowand is bad defensively in centerfield.

Since we all agree that his bat sucks, the question becomes, why are you defending this guy so vehemently?

Randar68
Stop calling me dumb for my opinion. You don't have to like it, but I swear you have trouble communicating your points. Two years older and you act like your two years old.

Wow. Someone who is apparently 2 years old mentally, calling me 2 years old emotionally.

Thanks for the play-pen compliment.

SEALgep
Opinions are like a-holes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, people today think that means that expressing their opinion saves them from criticism or ridicule. Think again. Ditto.

SEALgep
05-17-2004, 05:39 PM
Wow. Someone who is apparently 2 years old mentally, calling me 2 years old emotionally.

Thanks for the play-pen compliment. Just returning the favor buddy.

bobj4400
05-17-2004, 05:40 PM

Thanks for the play-pen compliment.

Ditto.

Alright, when is the SEALgep/Randar68 no holds barred grudge match?? I say we schedule for Lot E of the next Sox home game!

And btw, this post makes me a personality!

SEALgep
05-17-2004, 05:41 PM
Okay, now that we're done discussing the poll's adequacy and have come to the concensus that at the least it isn't flawed, let's take a look at the results as of 5:30 PM Monday, 5/17/2004:

22.34% feel he flat out sucks.

39.36% feel he isn't qualified to play CF except as a stopgap - again, stopgap meaning only good enough until something good comes along.

32.98% feel he is adequate.

5.32% feel he is among the best in the game or simply the best in the game (I assume you voted here and am guessing that Rowand himself is the sole person who voted for better than Toriiiiiii Hunter).

The premise of the poll (from another thread) was that if many more people feel one way than another, we might actually be able to draw some conclusions about his defensive ability.

So, here you are staring at 61.7% of the voters telling you he isn't good, 94.68% saying he is average at best and 5% weighing in with "he's good/amazing".

Even if you take ALL of the votes from the adequate section and equate them as votes for "good", you still have a 3-2 ratio of posters who feel that Rowand is bad defensively in centerfield.

Since we all agree that his bat sucks, the question becomes, why are you defending this guy so vehemently? I like the guys defense. The question I want to ask is why do I have to be ridiculed because that's what I think?

Randar68
05-17-2004, 05:41 PM
Since we all agree that his bat sucks, the question becomes, why are you defending this guy so vehemently?

Because he racked-up 1000 posts from January through the start of the season going on and on and on about how good Rowand was and how he was going to be "fine".

He made his bed, but he's not mature enough to admit he was wrong. Either that or he really is... well... nevermind.

Randar68
05-17-2004, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by bobj4400
Alright, when is the SEALgep/Randar68 no holds barred grudge match?? I say we schedule for Lot E of the next Sox home game!

It wouldn't be pretty, I know that. Some poor Tiger's fan can attest to that.

Congrats on personality status.

voodoochile
05-17-2004, 05:43 PM
Ozzie Guillen even commended Rowand on his defense and pointed out that the change for Willie in CF is strictly for offensive improvement.

Quote "Rowand hasn't had the greatest at bats, but he plays real good defense, and plays hard for me."

Randar has said that he is lying in order to protect him, yet he has no problem discussing his offense as a problem. I disagree.

What's Ozzie going to say?

:ozzie
'Well, he can't hit for **** and his defense has been pretty crappy - did you see that ****ing error on Saturday? PATHETIC! In the end, Rowand isn't worth the time it takes for me to discuss him. Uribe is hitting .350 and Jose is my SS. Willie has a stick and can run down baseballs with his speed, so I benched this turd of a player. After all, I make out the ****ing lineup."

FarWestChicago
05-17-2004, 05:44 PM
Since we all agree that his bat sucks, the question becomes, why are you defending this guy so vehemently? I don't know, but we may be seeing a new standard in FO behavior. Was there ever even a FOB this crazed? It's kind of cool if you think about it. Much like all depressiods are measured against Lip, future FO's will be measured against SEAL. :cool:

Randar68

I think we should have a Rowand/SEAL love-fest match in the parking lot. A mental midget and a physical midget meet and fall madly in love. If that isn't Jerry Springer worthy, I don't know what is...

DaveIsHere
HAHA!! Who makes out the lineup??????????????????

SEALgep
Because he racked-up 1000 posts from January through the start of the season going on and on and on about how good Rowand was and how he was going to be "fine".

He made his bed, but he's not mature enough to admit he was wrong. Either that or he really is... well... nevermind. I was wrong that he should be our CF as a starter, I admitted that. But why would I say he is a bad defender if I don't think so. Wait a second, are you independantly thinking for me?

SEALgep
05-17-2004, 05:46 PM
What's Ozzie going to say?

:ozzie
'Well, he can't hit for **** and his defense has been pretty crappy - did you see that ****ing error on Saturday? PATHETIC! In the end, Rowand isn't worth the time it takes for me to discuss him. Uribe is hitting .350 and Jose is my SS. Willie has a stick and can run down baseballs with his speed, so I benched this turd of a player. After all, I make out the ****ing lineup." He could say Rowand isn't cutting it, or that he needs to step it up. He actually said he liked his defense, which wasn't necessary. There is no reason to assume that he is lying other than that it doesn't go along with your argument.

voodoochile
05-17-2004, 05:46 PM
I like the guys defense. The question I want to ask is why do I have to be ridiculed because that's what I think?

Well, you keep speaking for other posters. You bend the facts. You change your position. You say the poll is flawed (well maybe not). You continue to argue in the face of overwhelming votes to the contrary.

Randar could tone it down a bit, but you could also walk away rather than continuing to dig yourself a hole, instead you keep saying the same things over and over again. It takes two to fight.

Daver
05-17-2004, 05:47 PM
I'm gonna sit back and watch while Seal continues to polish a turd..........

bobj4400
I think we should have a Rowand/SEAL love-fest match in the parking lot. A mental midget and a physical midget meet and fall madly in love. If that isn't Jerry Springer worthy, I don't know what is...

*****!!!!

Randar68
I was wrong that he should be our CF as a starter, I admitted that. But why would I say he is a bad defender if I don't think so. Wait a second, are you independantly thinking for me?

LOL! Round and round you go. You don't even know which way is up anymore, do you?

DaveIsHere
05-17-2004, 05:48 PM
. It takes two to fight.

Or two to TANGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

voodoochile

Okay, you made your point, time to put the "your an idiot" comments to bed, please...

Randar68
He could say Rowand isn't cutting it, or that he needs to step it up. He actually said he liked his defense, which wasn't necessary. There is no reason to assume that he is lying other than that it doesn't go along with your argument.

Effective leadership and constructive criticism techniques. Don't dwell on the negative.

SEALgep
05-17-2004, 05:49 PM
I don't know, but we may be seeing a new standard in FO behavior. Was there ever even a FOB this crazed? It's kind of cool if you think about it. Much like all depressiods are measured against Lip, future FO's will be measured against SEAL. :cool: Crazed? I just don't like being told what to think. The fact that you guys have taken such an interest in this topic as well doesn't really set you far apart from me.

Randar68
05-17-2004, 05:49 PM
Okay, you made your point, time to put the "your an idiot" comments to bed, please...

Yeah, I know. As I typed it I knew I was in for a reprimanding, LOL!

Where's Daver???

*TWANG*

*THUMP!*

DAMNIT! I deserved that...

joecrede
05-17-2004, 05:50 PM
Not only is CF defense the least of this team's problems, it doesn't even rate as the biggest defensive concern. 26-for-29 SB's against ...

Mickster
05-17-2004, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Daver
I'm gonna sit back and watch while Seal continues to polish a turd..........

Quote of the week!!! Hilarious!:D:

voodoochile
05-17-2004, 05:51 PM
He could say Rowand isn't cutting it, or that he needs to step it up. He actually said he liked his defense, which wasn't necessary. There is no reason to assume that he is lying other than that it doesn't go along with your argument.

No, I think he might be saving Rowand from embarassment and maybe trying to cover his own ass for leaving him out there for so long...

SEALgep
Effective leadership and constructive criticism techniques. Don't dwell on the negative. Right, sure. When he could have not mentioned it at all, he decided to commend him about it in order to not dwell on the negative, even he dwelled on the negatives of his offensive production. How did FarWestChicago put it? Oh ya, Rrrrrrreeeeeeaaaaaaaacccccchhhhhh.

Randar68
Crazed? I just don't like being told what to think.

So, you're fighting this fight to try to make a point about how you won't be told how it is or what to think?

Now I've heard it all...

In your 4 months here, you've made quite the impression. I wish I could say it was positive.

Randar68
05-17-2004, 05:52 PM
Rrrrrrreeeeeeaaaaaaaacccccchhhhhh.

You really are completely devoid of creativity and originality, aren't you....

SEALgep
05-17-2004, 05:53 PM
No, I think he might be saving Rowand from embarassment and maybe trying to cover his own ass for leaving him out there for so long... Might? Maybe? Come on guys. Ozzie doesn't cover his own ass, that's partly why everyone likes him so much.

bobj4400
05-17-2004, 05:53 PM
Who, besides me, has seen this confrontation coming for months now? This is great reading as I try to pass the last few minutes of a long Monday!!!!

voodoochile
05-17-2004, 05:54 PM
Might? Maybe? Come on guys. Ozzie doesn't cover his own ass, that's partly why everyone likes him so much.

He doesn't? So, he is completely different than every other person on the planet?

Mickster
05-17-2004, 05:54 PM
Might? Maybe? Come on guys. Ozzie doesn't cover his own ass, that's partly why everyone likes him so much.

I like him 'cus he talks funny! :D:

FarWestChicago
05-17-2004, 05:55 PM
Crazed? I just don't like being told what to think. The fact that you guys have taken such an interest in this topic as well doesn't really set you far apart from me. I'm just a connoisseur of FO behavior. I can't help it. I've been around these boards forever. This is a fascinating case study. :smile:

SEALgep
You really are completely devoid of creativity and originality, aren't you.... Lol, is that what you have to say about? What does that have to do with the issue?

SEALgep
I'm just a connoisseur of FO behavior. I can't help it. I've been around these boards forever. This is a fascinating case study. :smile: I can't help it either I suppose. Glad to be of service. :D:

bobj4400
05-17-2004, 05:56 PM
Rowand hitting second tonight!!! Randar, what do you think about that??

FarWestChicago
05-17-2004, 05:57 PM
I can't help it either I suppose. Glad to be of service. :D: Well, I have to get back to work. Be nice to SEAL guys. But don't let him off easy.

:)

Randar68
05-17-2004, 05:58 PM
Rowand hitting second tonight!!! Randar, what do you think about that??

Facing a lefty. No problem really. I don't mind sitting Willie against lefties if it means Rowand never faces a righty...

SEALgep
05-17-2004, 05:59 PM
He doesn't? So, he is completely different than every other person on the planet? So that is your stance then? Ozzie covered his own ass for having Rowand in the lineup. Is this correct?

SEALgep
05-17-2004, 06:02 PM
So, you're fighting this fight to try to make a point about how you won't be told how it is or what to think?

Now I've heard it all...

In your 4 months here, you've made quite the impression. I wish I could say it was positive. Hardly. I'm glad I'm not here to impress.

Daver
05-17-2004, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Mickster
Quote of the week!!! Hilarious!:D:

Thanx.

I'll be here all the week.

:)

SEALgep
05-17-2004, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Daver
Thanx.

I'll be here all the week.

:) So will I, polishing "turds."

voodoochile
05-17-2004, 06:13 PM
So that is your stance then? Ozzie covered his own ass for having Rowand in the lineup. Is this correct?

I don't pass judgement on Ozzie's opinion, merely offered some other possibilities.

Personally, I think he was being kind and trying not to crush Rowand's ego.

SEALgep
05-17-2004, 06:17 PM
I don't pass judgement on Ozzie's opinion, merely offered some other possibilities.

Personally, I think he was being kind and trying not to crush Rowand's ego. I disagree, but I too will not pass judgement on his opinion. However, if we both aren't judging what he meant, then we can only assume he said what he meant. We really have no other reason not to. I think it's unfair to dismiss what he said because of some underlying possibility, with nothing to back it. I'm not trying to give you a hard time, but you could make that argument for just about anything anyone says.

EDIT- And it didn't seem to bother him making public statements to the Sox when they played poorly the first two against the Twinkies. Just thought of that too.

Mickster
05-17-2004, 06:23 PM
:tomatoaward

Keep it going, guys. I have about 30 min before I leave for home. My how time has passed this afternoon! :D:

pythons007
05-19-2004, 04:30 PM
Where is Jeremy Reed already? :angry:

SEALgep
05-19-2004, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by pythons007
Where is Jeremy Reed already? :angry: His wrists are apparently worse than anticipated.

Randar68
05-19-2004, 06:23 PM
His wrists are apparently worse than anticipated.

Please show me the quotes and links to this information.