PDA

View Full Version : Which Twin gets drilled tomorrow?

hose
05-15-2004, 12:40 AM
Since it was a close one run game I can understand Schoenweis and the rest of the Sox pitchers not retaliating for Lohse intentionally hitting Carlos Lee in the 1st inning.

Lohse owns Konerko so instead of having to face Carlos with runners at the corners , Lohse drilled Lee in order to get to Konerko.

I would like to see Estaban even up things tomorrow with either Torii Hunter, Joque Jones or Mancavetiaszxctisz getting plunked.

Anyone of them will do.

batmanZoSo
05-15-2004, 12:46 AM
Whoever's pitching for the Twins.

Let's drill him for 8 runs.

santo=dorf
05-15-2004, 12:48 AM
I'd like to see Tony Randazzo get hit by a line drive from Frank.

fhqwhgads
05-15-2004, 12:48 AM
Whoever it is, they better do it early. If Greisinger plunks someone first, the warnings will be given, and then E Lo gets tossed when he 'retaliates'. I know, I know. I hate the stupid "warning" crap, too...

Let the teams play. If someone goes headhunting, then toss them, but if someone gets hit in the rump, then:
:whocares

ma-gaga
05-15-2004, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by hose
I would like to see Estaban even up things tomorrow with either Torii Hunter, Joque Jones or Mancavetiaszxctisz getting plunked.

It seems like this happens EVERY single series against the Twins. Every single series over the last two years, I keep hearing about 'which guy gets drilled'. and I always here about mientasdlfhds and prya;sdkjfhasdf.

Let the anger go. It's pointless. Play the game, let the pitching happen.

batmanZoSo
05-15-2004, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by fhqwhgads
Whoever it is, they better do it early. If Greisinger plunks someone first, the warnings will be given, and then E Lo gets tossed when he 'retaliates'. I know, I know. I hate the stupid "warning" crap, too...

Let the teams play. If someone goes headhunting, then toss them, but if someone gets hit in the rump, then:
:whocares

I agree. You know if someone gets hit, the umpires are gonna immediately point to the benches.

Stick that finger where the sun don't shine. It's called baseball. As long as it isn't malicious, it's fair game.

hose
05-15-2004, 12:52 AM
I don't think any warnings will be given if Grossinger hits a Sox first.

The Sox are the team squaring things up not the Twins.

It's pay back time, MLB style....plunk.

hose
05-15-2004, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by ma-gaga
It seems like this happens EVERY single series against the Twins. Every single series over the last two years, I keep hearing about 'which guy gets drilled'. and I always here about mientasdlfhds and prya;sdkjfhasdf.

Let the anger go. It's pointless. Play the game, let the pitching happen.

The Sox pitchers have to send a message back to the Twins to let them know that they are going to protect their teammates.

It's better to get it over with tomorrow and not let any bad feelings linger on.

Nard
05-15-2004, 01:26 AM
It's gotta be Miechhshhfdkjtkidstidick and it's gotta be early.

HomeFish
05-15-2004, 02:17 AM
You retaliate against an intentional HBP by scoring the runner.

The Sox failed to retaliate. Giving the Twins a free baserunner won't help.

Nard
05-15-2004, 02:36 AM
You retaliate against an intentional HBP by hitting one of their guys harder.

owensmouth
05-15-2004, 07:30 AM
Sounds like a rib tickling good time!

HomerCoach
05-15-2004, 07:51 AM
Drill Lew Ford!

PaleHoseGeorge
05-15-2004, 08:00 AM
You know what the secret is to having your "revenge?" Getting a big lead. Beat the Twins, get drill someone. That is, drill someone if you still care to since you ought to be laughing your asses off at the big lead you've already built on them.

bigdommer
05-15-2004, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by HomeFish
You retaliate against an intentional HBP by scoring the runner.

The Sox failed to retaliate. Giving the Twins a free baserunner won't help.

I agree, get a two out hit. Make them pay. The Sox give away too many games.

sas1974
05-15-2004, 11:17 AM
Exactly what PHG said. Let's retaliate w/ our bats and rise above the BS they are trying to pull. There is no need to put extra runners on base. That's what killed us last night although it was via the walk. If we get a solid lead, then maybe we can send a little message. Our goal is to be tied for first place on Monday morning, not to see how many bruises we can give Twins hitters.

HomerCoach
05-15-2004, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by sas1974
Our goal is to be tied for first place on Monday morning, not to see how many bruises we can give Twins hitters.

How many bruises did Minnesota give us yesterday? How many games did we gain on them?

It's not a matter of 1 extra base runner, it's a matter of our pitchers telling opposing pitchers (and teams) that we're not going to stand for it. Our batters need to feel a level of comfort in the box.

SEALgep
05-15-2004, 11:38 AM
I wouldn't necessarily hit a guy today if nothing happens again from their side. It should have been taken care of last night otherwise. Unless of course we were just waiting for a decent lead. But if someone gets drilled again, I would have to say that we need to puncture their catalyst and drill Stewart as hard as one can in the rib cage, and hopefully taking him out a few weeks. Extreme? Maybe, but if they do it again, think of it as a two for one special.

HomerCoach
05-15-2004, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by SEALgep
I wouldn't necessarily hit a guy today if nothing happens again from their side. It should have been taken care of last night otherwise. Unless of course we were just waiting for a decent lead. But if someone gets drilled again, I would have to say that we need to puncture their catalyst and drill Stewart as hard as one can in the rib cage, and hopefully taking him out a few weeks. Extreme? Maybe, but if they do it again, think of it as a two for one special.

Problem with that is, our pitcher will get the boot. I say we strike first.

SEALgep
05-15-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by HomerCoach
Problem with that is, our pitcher will get the boot. I say we strike first. That's if there is a warning, which last night there wasn't. Besides, it doesn't have to be Loaiza, or even early in the game. If we have a comfortable lead, with one or two outs with Stewart at the plate deep in the game, give the call to Politte and have him drill him in the ribs. Have two guys warming up. One to pitch and one to drill.

HomerCoach
05-15-2004, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
That's if there is a warning, which last night there wasn't. Besides, it doesn't have to be Loaiza, or even early in the game. If we have a comfortable lead, with one or two outs with Stewart at the plate deep in the game, give the call to Politte and have him drill him in the ribs. Have two guys warming up. One to pitch and one to drill.

Okay, I'm easily convinced. HIT STEWART LATE IN THE GAME WHEN WE'RE WINNING BY 10!...Wait...what happens if were losing? :nolanventura ?

Jeremy
05-15-2004, 12:07 PM
The Sox need Jim Parque to come back and nail someone on the first pitch of an inning.

SEALgep
05-15-2004, 12:08 PM
Okay, I'm easily convinced. HIT STEWART LATE IN THE GAME WHEN WE'RE WINNING BY 10!...Wait...what happens if were losing? :nolanventura ? Same thing.

HomerCoach
05-15-2004, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Jeremy
The Sox need Jim Parque to come back and nail someone on the first pitch of an inning.

Thats not funny! Is Parque still playing?

Whitesox029
05-15-2004, 02:25 PM
The obvious target is mintjulepowich.

SEALgep
05-15-2004, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Whitesox029
The obvious target is mintjulepowich. Although I hate him the most, I would rather hit their offensive catalyst. They threw at Lee because he hits that particular pitcher well. Uncalled for. In retaliation, I would rather hurt or at least hit the guy that makes that offense run. Not that I want to put him on the DL, but if anyone were to go on it, I would hope it were Stewart.

RKMeibalane
05-15-2004, 02:41 PM
I just hope the umps don't issue a warning before the game, as they did last season. Then Garland was thrown out by Bruce Froeming, and Hawk screamed, "THAT WAS BS!"

iwannago
05-15-2004, 02:41 PM
Thats not funny! Is Parque still playing?

I saw the humor in it.

sas1974
05-15-2004, 02:57 PM
It's not a matter of 1 extra base runner, it's a matter of our pitchers telling opposing pitchers (and teams) that we're not going to stand for it. Our batters need to feel a level of comfort in the box.

One extra base runner cost us the game yesterday. Need I bring up our over-hyped record in one run games. We won those games bc one extra base runner of ours scored and one extra of theirs didn't.

You may be preaching to the choir a bit on this one. I share your view that we need let teams know they can't screw with us. A "well timed " HBP (if we have a sizable lead or early in the game). Perhaps knocking Rivas or Guzman into the outfield if they try to hang in there on a force/DP turn. There are other ways to send a message aside from the HBP.

ma-gaga
05-15-2004, 03:11 PM
I think PHG said it best. You beat them first on the scoreboard, then you worry about 'respect'.

Nard
05-15-2004, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by sas1974
One extra base runner cost us the game yesterday.

It's not like we want to intentionally bean a guy when we have a one-run lead in the 7th...

SoxxoS
05-15-2004, 03:43 PM
We can't give up outs..are you kidding?