PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Guardado

batmanZoSo
05-14-2004, 11:35 PM
Why not? Seattle doesn't need him.

Get him and Garcia in one trade and re-sign Garcia for three years with two mutual options after that. Short of giving up Reed, Anderson and Honel, everyone's available. Give them Borchard, Rauch and whoever else to even it out. They'd probably take it. They need to rebuild like it's no one's business.

Don't let KC get Garcia while we sit on our hands. Furthermore, keep him off the Red Sox and Yankees roster, which is where he'll be in 05 otherwise.

gosox41
05-14-2004, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo

Get him and Garcia in one trade and re-sign Garcia for three years with two mutual options after that. Short of giving up Reed, Anderson and Honel, everyone's available. Give them Borchard, Rauch and whoever else to even it out. They'd probably take it. They need to rebuild like it's no one's business.

Don't let KC get Garcia while we sit on our hands. Furthermore, keep him off the Red Sox and Yankees roster, which is where he'll be in 05 otherwise.

I don't see KC spending the money for Freddy Garcia. Are the going to trade a high priced player like Sweeney or Beltran for him?

Bob

batmanZoSo
05-14-2004, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by gosox41
I don't see KC spending the money for Freddy Garcia. Are the going to trade a high priced player like Sweeney or Beltran for him?

Bob

I don't know what they're planning. There's a thread about them being interested in Garcia down below.

I forgot to add Lee...

Here's the official trade:

Lee, Borchard, Rauch, Munoz

for

Garcia, Guardado, Ibaņez

It's fun to dream.

MRKARNO
05-14-2004, 11:41 PM

Well it doesnt really make sense because they just signed him to a new 3 year deal I think. It makes sense to keep him in case they pick it up or if they're good next year or the year after (and they have the money to get some players). I wouldnt be shocked if they got either Pedro or Beltran this offseason and I'm sure Guardado would be part of their plans if they were to get one of those two players.

batmanZoSo
05-14-2004, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Well it doesnt really make sense because they just signed him to a new 3 year deal I think. It makes sense to keep him in case they pick it up or if they're good next year or the year after (and they have the money to get some players).

Yeah that's kinda true, but don't you think they're getting a good deal? As bad as they are and as old as they are, I think they'd consider it.

StockdaleForVeep
05-15-2004, 12:27 AM
We dont need a closer, Koch is doin fine and we have a second established closer in takatsu or marte.

Also we've proven we dont need pitching, we need hitting.

If u wanna talk dreams, lets do carlos lee and rowand for Ichiro

Put harris in center and uribe at second and ichiro in left or rotate him with mags. And lets throw konerko in maybe for someone to dump the salary, maybe like in the other thread, konerko for ventura

batmanZoSo
05-15-2004, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by StockdaleForVeep
We dont need a closer, Koch is doin fine and we have a second established closer in takatsu or marte.

Also we've proven we dont need pitching, we need hitting.

If u wanna talk dreams, lets do carlos lee and rowand for Ichiro

Put harris in center and uribe at second and ichiro in left or rotate him with mags. And lets throw konerko in maybe for someone to dump the salary, maybe like in the other thread, konerko for ventura

Ibanez would be a left handed power threat, which we really need and we wouldn't have to put up with Lee's crap anymore, not hitting for months.

Our hitting has been the problem this year, but believe me, everything's gonna do a reverse on us. The pitching is gonna go south and the lineup is not gonna be this bad all year.

StockdaleForVeep
05-15-2004, 10:47 PM
Ibanez would be a left handed power threat, which we really need and we wouldn't have to put up with Lee's crap anymore, not hitting for months.

Our hitting has been the problem this year, but believe me, everything's gonna do a reverse on us. The pitching is gonna go south and the lineup is not gonna be this bad all year.

Baseball is all relative, the pitching is gonna go down south and the hitting is gonna explode.