PDA

View Full Version : anti brooks boyer thread

fed ex 4 pasqua
05-14-2004, 11:04 PM
What has Brooks Boyer, hired from the Bulls staff, done?
1.Introductions... one player at a time should be reserved for nba or pro wrestling, thank you.
2.Bucket Boys???
Bad enough that they are an annoyance, but the Bulls uniforms surely sealed our fate in tonight's game.
3. The music tonight has definitely been skewed toward a non- baseball demographic.
I do not attend Sox games for the music, but is the ghost of Joe Stephen haunting us?

inta
05-14-2004, 11:13 PM
are the bucket boys actually something boyer hired?

i know they're always outside the cell before and after games, maybe they just got ahold of some cheap tix from some yuppie who didnt want to sit in the rain.

it'd be kinda ridiculous to tell them they cant bang along to sox games when the same thing happens in cleveland and atlanta...

they're just kids from the neighborhood, and we can use all the fans we can get at this point.

fed ex 4 pasqua
05-14-2004, 11:18 PM
I need the connection that the bucket boys have, because sitting on the dugout sure would be sweet!

MRKARNO
05-14-2004, 11:30 PM
Well I can pretty much guarentee you that the Bucket Boys were a hired act because
A. They performed twice and
B. they were announced to the crowd.

I think it's fine to have them, but they need to shorten their act because it's too long for between innings and they should only come out once in a game.

fed ex 4 pasqua
05-14-2004, 11:34 PM
Pizza race is bad enough.
Kiss cam is entertaining.
Where is the CTA bus race???
The Bulls and their entertainment SUCK!

batmanZoSo
05-14-2004, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Well I can pretty much guarentee you that the Bucket Boys were a hired act because
A. They performed twice and
B. they were announced to the crowd.

I think it's fine to have them, but they need to shorten their act because it's too long for between innings and they should only come out once in a game.

I liked the A's drummer boys that sat in left field during the playoffs for them a few years ago.

MRKARNO
05-14-2004, 11:44 PM
Well if you dont like these things so much I suggest you write to him and complain. I think that unlike the previous marketing director, he'll listen and at least send you a comfirmation that he read the letter.

HITMEN OF 77
05-15-2004, 12:46 AM
They have pretty much the same stuff at all stadiums don't they? I know Peattle has the boat race, the ball under hat, pizza race, kiss cam etc.

inta
05-15-2004, 12:51 AM
If they're hired.
that's fine with me.

they'll surely gain some degree of popularity, and if that brings more people out and gives the sox more exposure, so be it.

I'd rather have some local kids with talent performing at the cell than something idiotic like the Chicago Matadors.

oy...

fed ex 4 pasqua
05-15-2004, 01:06 AM
Once again, turning a Sox game into a bulls game is not a good thing. please consider the fact that bulls regalia atop our dugouts is an affront to baseball loving folk.

inta
05-15-2004, 01:25 AM
it's not turning it into a bulls game. gimmicks and attractions have existed in sports before the post jordan bulls.

so andy the clown was an insult to baseball too?

as far as their jerseys, well, have KW give them a couple of sox jerseys and end of story.

there's far more pressing issues with this sox team to worry about than between inning entertainment.

fed ex 4 pasqua
05-15-2004, 01:40 AM
Trust me, there are more pressing issues. However, sitting in the mist tonight, the changes in my ballpark experience did prove to be most disconcerting, annoying, appalling...

CLR01
05-15-2004, 04:25 AM
Originally posted by fed ex 4 pasqua
What has Brooks Boyer, hired from the Bulls staff, done?
1.Introductions... one player at a time should be reserved for nba or pro wrestling, thank you.
2.Bucket Boys???
Bad enough that they are an annoyance, but the Bulls uniforms surely sealed our fate in tonight's game.
3. The music tonight has definitely been skewed toward a non- baseball demographic.
I do not attend Sox games for the music, but is the ghost of Joe Stephen haunting us?

OMFG.....guy has been here what 2-3 weeks? Can we atleast give him a few months before we throw him under the bus?

CLR01
05-15-2004, 04:28 AM
The Bulls and their entertainment SUCK!

Once again, turning a Sox game into a bulls game is not a good thing.

This from a guy who admitted he has never been to a Bulls game.

hose
05-15-2004, 07:45 AM
I don't want to work
I want to bang on the drum all day
I don't want to play
I just want to bang on the drum all day

Ever since I was a tiny boy
I don't want no candy
I don't need toy
I took a stick and an old coffee can
I bang on that thing 'til I got
Blisters on my hand
Because...

When I get older they think I'm a fool
The teacher told me I should stay after school
She caught me pounding on the desk with my hands
But my licks were so hot
I made the teacher want to dance
And that's why...

Listen to this
Every day when I get home from work
I feel so frustrated
the boss is a jerk
And I get my sticks and go out to the shed
And i pound on that drum like it was the boss's head
Because..

I CAN BANG ON THAT DRUM
HEY, YOU WANT TO A BANG AT IT?
i CAN DO THIS ALL DAY

Kilroy
05-15-2004, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Well if you dont like these things so much I suggest you write to him and complain. I think that unlike the previous marketing director, he'll listen and at least send you a comfirmation that he read the letter.

I used to call the previous marketing director. He answered his own phone. I spoke to him several times. He was always willing to listen to complaints and ideas. I like to think that I had a lil something to do w/ Joe Stephen's act being canceled. I'm not saying that Gallas did a great or even good job. I'm just saying that you've got that one fact wrong.

Railsplitter
05-15-2004, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by CLR01
OMFG.....guy has been here what 2-3 weeks? Can we atleast give him a few months before we throw him under the bus?

Yhanks for the voice of reason. Besides, how much of this was stuff Gallas initiated?

PaleHoseGeorge
05-15-2004, 08:35 AM
We won't know much of anything about Brooks Boyer until next winter when the new 2005 marketing plan is unveiled. All the relevant details of the 2004 plan were put to bed by Gallas and his minions months ago.

I'll withold judgment on Boyer until I'm sure his presence is being felt. We're not even close to approaching that point..

ewokpelts
05-15-2004, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
We won't know much of anything about Brooks Boyer until next winter when the new 2005 marketing plan is unveiled. All the relevant details of the 2004 plan were put to bed by Gallas and his minions months ago.

I'll withold judgment on Boyer until I'm sure his presence is being felt. We're not even close to approaching that point..

I agree......although the Bucket Boys may have been brought in by him. I have no probelm with the bucket boys(they are pretty talented, enough to warrant a trip to the 2004 NBA ASG). As for them wearing bulls gear, i think they'll be in sox togs soon enuff.
Gene

patbooyah
05-15-2004, 12:41 PM
i think the bucket boys were a nice addition last night. it was cool to watch between innings- even the players were peeking out of the dugouts.

also- i think the karma would be bad if i started complaining about inner-city kids who have obviously worked hard to achieve some fame.

congrats to them.

TornLabrum
05-15-2004, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by patbooyah
i think the bucket boys were a nice addition last night. it was cool to watch between innings- even the players were peeking out of the dugouts.

also- i think the karma would be bad if i started complaining about inner-city kids who have obviously worked hard to achieve some fame.

congrats to them.

Hey! Sox fans have to have something to gripe about. Now it's the between innings entertainment! Next it will be the lack of green seats or something stupid like that.

pearso66
05-15-2004, 02:29 PM
I think we need to get rid of Brooks, he hasn't brought green seats in yet

Hows that torn labrum?

TornLabrum
05-15-2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by pearso66
I think we need to get rid of Brooks, he hasn't brought green seats in yet

Hows that torn labrum?

Perfect!!!!

bennyw41
05-15-2004, 06:12 PM