PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow's Lineup...


RKMeibalane
05-14-2004, 10:48 PM
I hope tomorrow's lineup looks like this:

2B- Harris
LF- Lee
1B- Thomas
RF- Ordonez
SS- Uribe
DH- Konerko
3B- Crede
CF- Rowand
C- Olivo

pearso66
05-15-2004, 01:36 AM
I would throw willie in CF , uribe at 2nd and Jose at ss. I know willie is a 2nd baseman, but he is also the best CFer we have on our major league roster. and that puts our best bats in teh line up. I would also switch konerko and crede up. let the bottom 3 be konerko, valentin and olivo/sandy. Also olivo needs to catch 4 of the 5 pitchers, whether that be schoeneweis or buehrle.

Blueprint1
05-15-2004, 09:22 AM
just kill the Willie in Center field idea. It is a stupid idea.

OEO Magglio
05-15-2004, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Blueprint1
just kill the Willie in Center field idea. It is a stupid idea.
Why is it a stupid Idea? He's a better centerfielder then aaron is and then the sox would be able to keep jose, uribe and willie in the lineup which is definitely better then having aaron out there.

Mickster
05-15-2004, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by OEO Magglio
Why is it a stupid Idea? He's a better centerfielder then aaron is and then the sox would be able to keep jose, uribe and willie in the lineup which is definitely better then having aaron out there.

Agreed!

pearso66
05-15-2004, 12:02 PM
I would like an explanation on why its a stupid idea? Just because he's a 2nd baseman? I've already noted that he is our best CF option on the major league team, and it keeps him, jose and uribe all in the game. To me I don't see 1 downside to this.

iwannago
05-15-2004, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by pearso66
I would throw willie in CF , uribe at 2nd and Jose at ss. I know willie is a 2nd baseman, but he is also the best CFer we have on our major league roster. and that puts our best bats in teh line up. I would also switch konerko and crede up. let the bottom 3 be konerko, valentin and olivo/sandy. Also olivo needs to catch 4 of the 5 pitchers, whether that be schoeneweis or buehrle.

I think its time to call up Reed.

Nard
05-15-2004, 02:43 PM
What was it like in the 15-0 game?

2B- Harris
SS- Valentin
3B- Uribe

That, paired with Gload and Perez playing, caused me to say aloud when they showed it before the game, "Allri nah that's motha****in lineup."

I'm just saying...

mdep524
05-15-2004, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
I hope tomorrow's lineup looks like this:

2B- Harris
LF- Lee
1B- Thomas
RF- Ordonez
SS- Uribe
DH- Konerko
3B- Crede
CF- Rowand
C- Olivo

A few things:

-First, as hot as Uribe has been, he is NOT a #5 hitter. I'd like to see him bat #2.

-Konerko doesn't deserve to play at all.

-That line up has 8 right handed batters in a row!

-We can probably forget about the "Frank at 1B" on any kind of regular basis thing. Ozzie et. al. seem to be against it. Remember how he hurt his arm in spring training from throwing too much? Though I'd prefer it too, he's just not going to be out there except for interleague games.

-I've been thinking a lot recently about Frank back in the #3 hole and I like it. I like it a lot.

That said, my line up would look like this:

CF Harris - L
2B Uribe - R
DH Thomas - R
RF Ordonez - R
SS Valentin - L
LF Lee - R
1B Gload - L
3B Crede - R
C Olivo - R

SoxxoS
05-15-2004, 03:00 PM
We scored an average of 6 runs per game over the past 4, and won 2 of them...

All this lineup talk would be a moot point if we just hit WITH RUNNERS IN SCORING POSITION.

Blueprint1
05-15-2004, 03:25 PM
Were you guys around last season when we did try Willie in Center field. Does anyone remember this throwing arm out there. He is not a better center fielder than Rowand. Rowand is a better outfielder hands down. Now i could see getting a true center fielder some other way. The thing is Center fielders are hard to come by these days. Everyone seems like they are a corner outfielder. I don't know how we can blame Rowand for yesterdays loss. Last time i checked he had two RBI yesterday thats two more than everyone else. As for Paulie hes looked bad also but, he had 5 RBI in the game before this one.

CubKilla
05-15-2004, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Blueprint1
Rowand is a better outfielder hands down. Now i could see getting a true center fielder some other way. The thing is Center fielders are hard to come by these days. Everyone seems like they are a corner outfielder. I don't know how we can blame Rowand for yesterdays loss. Last time i checked he had two RBI yesterday thats two more than everyone else.

If I'm not mistaken, Rowand's HR was a solo shot but I could be mistaken.

But on another note, Rowand has been absolutely dreadful during his starts in CF. With our 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 hitters all struggling at the same time, a .220-something in the 8 spot isn't helping matters out at all.

OEO Magglio
05-15-2004, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by CubKilla
If I'm not mistaken, Rowand's HR was a solo shot but I could be mistaken.

But on another note, Rowand has been absolutely dreadful during his starts in CF. With our 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 hitters all struggling at the same time, a .220-something in the 8 spot isn't helping matters out at all.
Your not mistaken it was a solo shot by aaron. Blueprint nobody is blaming yesterday on aaron, but it's a reflection of the whole season where he has just been awful defensively and offensively. Willie is a better defender and a better hitter, there is no downside at all of having willie play centerfield.