PDA

View Full Version : Moneyball Movie!

Lip Man 1
05-14-2004, 10:37 PM
For what it's worth...I guess this comes under the incredible heading.

From this week's Sports Illustrated. Pg. 24

"Stats, spreadsheets and the relative merits of on-base percentage and slugging percentage don't seem like fodder for a Hollywood blockbuster, but that hasn't stopped Sony Pictures from acquiring the rights to Moneyball, the best selling book by Michael Lewis. The film will focus on Billy Beane's roots as a top prospect gone bust before delving into the numbers based system he now uses to evaluate players as Oakland's G.M.

Lewis who has nothing to do with the film says, "I don't have the first idea how they plan to do it. God help them."

Two questions:

1. Who plays Kenny Williams?
2. How bad do they make him look as a G.M?

Lip

gosox41
05-14-2004, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1

"Stats, spreadsheets and the relative merits of on-base percentage and slugging percentage don't seem like fodder for a Hollywood blockbuster, but that hasn't stopped Sony Pictures from acquiring the rights to Moneyball, the best selling book by Michael Lewis. The film will focus on Billy Beane's roots as a top prospect gone bust before delving into the numbers based system he now uses to evaluate players as Oakland's G.M.

Lewis who has nothing to do with the film says, "I don't have the first idea how they plan to do it. God help them."

Two questions:

Lip

Answers:

1. Eddie Murphy
2. No worse then he has already made himself look.

Bob

The Cheat
05-14-2004, 10:41 PM

Two questions:

Lip

1. Gord Ash -- I bet he's available
2. It's Gord Ash.

SoxxoS
05-14-2004, 10:47 PM
That guy "cameo" should play KW...JHood always talks about him...and I have seen a picture of him, it looks just like KW. I just don't know where he is from.

JRIG
05-15-2004, 02:15 AM

Two questions:

Lip

Steve Harvey must play KW.

Kroozah
05-15-2004, 08:05 AM
KW plays himself... or is that with himself?

Lip Man 1
05-15-2004, 11:59 AM
Paul Sullivan, "Sully" to fans of WSI e-mailed me and said "Urkel...who else?"

Lip

Chisox_cali
05-15-2004, 05:47 PM
Yeah, saw that in the Production Weekly. Strange idea, don't know how much of an interesting movie it will be. No casting yet, but It says this:

The story examines how in 2002 the Oakland Athletics achieved a spectacular winning record while having the smallest player payroll of any major league baseball team...