PDA

View Full Version : New Player Introductions @ The Cell

sas1974
05-14-2004, 09:51 PM
I just heard Ed, John and Brooks Boyer discussing a new player intro to start the game. Does anybody have info on this?

anewman35
05-14-2004, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by sas1974
I just heard Ed, John and Brooks Boyer discussing a new player intro to start the game. Does anybody have info on this?

Hawk and DJ mentioned it too, but didn't describe it.

sas1974
05-14-2004, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by anewman35
Hawk and DJ mentioned it too, but didn't describe it.

Perhaps trying to entice us to come out to the park to see their mysterious new intros...

soltrain21
05-14-2004, 10:01 PM
I hope its a wrestling like intro with high fives and muscle flexing..

SoxxoS
05-14-2004, 10:12 PM
They are going to try to trick us and be players we wish we had...

Batting 7th...the Center Fielder...Carlos Beltran...!!!

luvsox56
05-15-2004, 12:04 AM
Instead of announcing all of our players in the lineup in one shot, they announced each player separately and then had each run out to their positions. After that, they played the National Anthem. Did they say this was going to be an every day thing??

MRKARNO
05-15-2004, 12:22 AM
Afer the home run which last the century (no they dont come out when it lands anymore), first they announce the pitcher and the catcher, then the infield, then the DH and then the outfield in those groups. Fireworks went off after the national anthem.

And the bucket boys found their way from the United Center: They played on top of the dugouts (they performed twice, one time over each dugout, but their act is a little long for between innings, so they need to cut it down a bit.

fed ex 4 pasqua
05-15-2004, 12:28 AM
Please refer to "anti brooks boyer thread."
Let me be the first to say, at least from 161, row 2, the whole thing made me feel uncomfortable, or like i was at a bulls game, not that i've ever been to one, go hawks!

hose
05-15-2004, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by soltrain21
I hope its a wrestling like intro with high fives and muscle flexing..

teal?

soltrain21
05-15-2004, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by hose
teal?

Probably

chisoxmike
05-15-2004, 02:27 AM
What happend was they did the usual lineups before they took the field and the usual video they have going to get the crowd to stand up...

but the Sox didn't take the field as they usually do when it was done. The screne faded to black and AC/DC's thunderstike came on and the video was highlights and Gene Honda going a little something like this...

"The Minnesota Twins have taken over the central divison for the past two years, last season they ended the Sox playoff hopes at the end of the season. This year the White Sox out to show that they are the true contenderes in the central, ladies and gentelmen your 2004 Chicago White Sox."

Fireworks went off, and Thunderstrike when loud.

Then they took the field has they were announced.

Overallm it was pretty cool, it was weird to see it this early in the season, but I guess it would've pumped a crowd of 35,000 instead of a crowd of 17,000.

fed ex 4 pasqua
05-15-2004, 02:36 AM
There is nothing cool about hearing a radio intro when i am in the stands. Dave Wills' radio intro is perfectly fine at work, on the road, at a family party, but my attendance at the game precludes the cloying intro. I am well aware of the significance of the game i am about to witness, thank you very much.
P.S. AC/DC belongs in the era of dusty bakers' drug tests.