PDA

View Full Version : Sox Commercials

South Side
05-14-2004, 03:33 PM
Since when do Sox ads appear on NBC during SNL? I was pretty suprised. They better not start playing Cubs ads... Hypocritical, yes.

Hangar18
05-14-2004, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by South Side
Since when do Sox ads appear on NBC during SNL? I was pretty suprised. They better not start playing Cubs ads... Hypocritical, yes.

they did that? Surprising....... sounds like the SOX are TRYING to get in peoples hearts and minds

Brian26
05-14-2004, 04:52 PM
I happened to see this too, so I can vouch for this guy. Of course, it's a miracle I was tuned in that long since Snoop Dog was so wasted that it was hard for him to even read the cue cards correctly on SNL. Actually, now that I think about it, it was somewhat entertaining.

Kadafi311
05-14-2004, 04:53 PM
Maybe Boyer is the man for the job.

markp8867
05-14-2004, 04:59 PM
There are missing the whole boat on these Sox ads. The ads should be funny especially if they are going to run them during SNL. They should do a take off of 'The Osbournes'. Ozzy Osbourne is pretty much inaudible except for his swearing. Some people would say Ozzie Guillen is the same way. I am sure there are better ideas. The Sox marketing people just need to be more creative I think!

Bobby Thigpen
05-14-2004, 06:32 PM
This is a pretty weird discussion since just yesterday I was asking why you never see any Sox commericials on anything but Fox Sports Chicago during Sox games. I'm not a marketing guru, but I would think you already have that demographic that's watching the game wrapped up pretty well.

If I had one suggestion for Brooks it would be to start getting the word out about Sox baseball. I've taken several non Sox fans to game and all they've ever had to say was how much better they found the park and atmosphere than what they expected. They need to advertise more on things that aren't aimed at already existing Sox fans.

I've always thought a great slogan for the Sox would be "Welcome to the dark side."

TheBull19
05-14-2004, 06:35 PM
So what was the content of this ad?

Whitesox029
05-14-2004, 07:45 PM
I saw one yesterday too on another station but I don't remember whether it was the Frasier finale or the Survivor finale...I watched them back to back..... If you say you saw one on NBC then it was probably Frasier.
As to Cubs ads.....it doesn't appear they need TV ads when they get free publicity from every major outlet of the chicago media, and indeed I don't think they even run ads during their own games.

A.T. Money
05-14-2004, 07:49 PM
Anyone hear the "Boom Boom Boom Boom" Sox commericals? It's supposed to be like the fireworks, but it sounds like a chorus. It's kind of lame lol.

South Side
05-14-2004, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by TheBull19
So what was the content of this ad?

It's just one of the ones they show on FSN with Ozzie sitting down and talking about White Sox baseball.

South Side
05-14-2004, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by A.T. Money
Anyone hear the "Boom Boom Boom Boom" Sox commericals? It's supposed to be like the fireworks, but it sounds like a chorus. It's kind of lame lol.

I have never seen that one but I do enjoy the "what's changed?...everything" one.