PDA

View Full Version : So another rain-out?

Win1ForMe
05-14-2004, 02:20 PM
I hope not, but according to one of the news reports, it should rain throughout the evening. I'm really getting sick of this bad weather our Sox seem to get, especially since the weather is beautiful whenever the Cubs play at home.

If there is a rain-out, I'm assuming we wouldn't have to play a doubleheader on Saturday. Seeing as how the Twins still make a couple visits here later on in the season, I would think they would just reschedule it then.

Kadafi311
05-14-2004, 02:21 PM
Your guess is as good as mine (http://weather.chicagotribune.com/radar/mixedcomposite.asp?region=a4&size=2x&type=loop)

Foulke You
05-14-2004, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Win1ForMe
I hope not, but according to one of the news reports, it should rain throughout the evening. I'm really getting sick of this bad weather our Sox seem to get, especially since the weather is beautiful whenever the Cubs play at home.

If there is a rain-out, I'm assuming we wouldn't have to play a doubleheader on Saturday. Seeing as how the Twins still make a couple visits here later on in the season, I would think they would just reschedule it then.

Yeah, I think if this one gets called, it will probably get played in July when the Twins come to Comiskey again. I don't think the Sox want two double headers in the same week, especially when you consider who the opponent is.

SoxxoS
05-14-2004, 02:24 PM
It looksl like we will get the game in...there is no front in Iowa.

Fungo
05-14-2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Win1ForMe
I'm really getting sick of this bad weather our Sox seem to get, especially since the weather is beautiful whenever the Cubs play at home.
Didn't you hear, God himself is a cubs fan.

Maybe that shouldn't be in teal :?:

HebrewHammer
05-14-2004, 02:28 PM
They should get this one in, it's supposed to clear up and stay clear this evening around 5/530pm

MRKARNO
05-14-2004, 02:56 PM
The end of the rain is halfway to the Mississippi River from Chicago. The rain will certainly clear up and this game will go on without delay.

Hangar18
05-14-2004, 03:01 PM
We can THANK MLB for all the Home Games in April and May,
including our longest homestand of the year, Which Already Passed last month. Luckily, they gave the Cubs a ton of
summer games, and Set up September with the Pirates and Reds .......

jackbrohamer
05-14-2004, 03:05 PM
I'm hoping it gets rained out. It is pretty chilly out there already & I'd just as soon take a rainchecks & go to a make-up game in July. Sox players probably wouldn't mind after yesterday's lengthy doubleheader

GoSox2K3
05-14-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Fungo
Didn't you hear, God himself is a cubs fan.

Maybe that shouldn't be in teal :?:

LOL! That's what alot of Cub fans really believe.

By the way, it should definitely be in teal, see S. Bartman incident and subsequent Cubbie collapse, Oct. 2003. http://cubssuck.knup.net/Images/Cubs_Blasphemy.jpg

Foulke You
05-14-2004, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by GoSox2K3
LOL! That's what alot of Cub fans really believe.

By the way, it should definitely be in teal, see S. Bartman incident and subsequent collapse, Oct. 2003.

Yes, it should definitely have been in teal. 26 Championships say that God is most certainly a Yankees fan. :(: