PDA

View Full Version : Cubs v. Sox series

32nd&Wallace
05-14-2004, 11:31 AM
I know its a month away, but I want to get something started among Sox fans for the both series....
I think it would be a great idea both series Sox fans to wear either Marlins or Astros gear. I havent decided what would anger Cub fans more....I also plan on sitching Bartman 1 on the back of my Sox jersey and complimenting that with an Astors or Marling hat.....I saw the Bartman thing on opening day on the back of someone while walking down 35th Street.
Anyways, I'd like to see 20 to 30,000 people all wearing Marlins and/or Astros hats at Comiskey and half that number wearing it at the Urinal.
Also, those Choke acts they were selling at Soxfest would work!
So, I'm calling on all Sox fans to pop $10 for an Astros or Marlins gear!!!! Hit 'em wear it hurts!

fquaye149
05-14-2004, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by 32nd&Wallace
I know its a month away, but I want to get something started among Sox fans for the both series....
I think it would be a great idea both series Sox fans to wear either Marlins or Astros gear. I havent decided what would anger Cub fans more....I also plan on sitching Bartman 1 on the back of my Sox jersey and complimenting that with an Astors or Marling hat.....I saw the Bartman thing on opening day on the back of someone while walking down 35th Street.
Anyways, I'd like to see 20 to 30,000 people all wearing Marlins and/or Astros hats at Comiskey and half that number wearing it at the Urinal.
So, I'm calling on all Sox fans to pop $10 for an Astros or Marlins gear!!!! Hit 'em wear it hurts!

i hate the cubs as much as the next man but:

a.) we have a series coming up TONIGHT against a DIVISIONAL opponent who is our biggest competition.

b.) if you go to a sox game, why not wear sox gear? do you care more about hating the cubs than cheering the sox?

TDog
05-14-2004, 11:38 AM
When I lived near Chicago, I never had any desire to go to a Sox-Cubs game. It seemed too much like going out for a drive on New Year's Eve. But when and where I go to Sox games, I always wear a Sox hat.

Foulke You
05-14-2004, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by fquaye149
i hate the cubs as much as the next man but:

a.) we have a series coming up TONIGHT against a DIVISIONAL opponent who is our biggest competition.

b.) if you go to a sox game, why not wear sox gear? do you care more about hating the cubs than cheering the sox?

Pretty much sums up my thoughts. Focus on hating the Twins this weekend. I'll worry about the Flubs in June. And when I do go to any of those games, I'll be wearing Sox stuff. I don't wear any jerseys of any other MLB team. Anything other than a White Sox jersey is blasphemy to me.

WWIII
05-14-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by fquaye149

Amen to that! Let's just concentrate on rooting for our team and not against theirs. Let the Cub fans handle the third grade crap as their team falls short yet again.

sas1974
05-14-2004, 11:49 AM

Come on now...Please tell me you're kidding. It's a Sox game. IF you're a Sox fan, you should be wearing your Sox gear and cheering on the Sox no matter who they are playing. We'd look like a bunch of bitter idiots walking around w/ 'stros/fish unis. Your allegiance should be in this order:
[list=1]
Supporting the Sox
(optional)Hating the Cubs.
[/list=1]

Dub25
05-14-2004, 03:26 PM

No, I think I'll wear Sox gear. Makes sense to me.

CHISOXFAN13
05-14-2004, 03:39 PM
I guess you are one of those fans that would rather cheer against the Cubs than root for the beloved.

:threadsucks