PDA

View Full Version : Can Schoeneweis get the job done?


SSPinStripes
05-14-2004, 10:36 AM
I dont know too much about this kid, but he has pitched pretty solidly. Do you think he can win against the twins offense?

DaveIsHere
05-14-2004, 10:37 AM
He has been the most consistent, and he throws strikes, in my book that gives us a better chance than anyone else we have, it is wacked like he is becoming our ace or stopper....who would have thought?

bobj4400
05-14-2004, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by DaveIsHere
He has been the most consistent, and he throws strikes, in my book that gives us a better chance than anyone else we have, it is wacked like he is becoming our ace or stopper....who would have thought?

Who'd have thought that Loaiza would become that person last year?? Baseball is a funny game...

dillio
05-14-2004, 10:52 AM
i expect him to have 6-7 strong innings tonight limiting the twins to 1 or 2 runs

fhqwhgads
05-14-2004, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by dillio
i expect him to have 6-7 strong innings tonight limiting the twins to 1 or 2 runs

I don't expect the Twins to score less than four runs tonight, based on the way they've played this season. After only scoring one yesterday, they are probably due for a breakout.

delben91
05-14-2004, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by fhqwhgads
I don't expect the Twins to score less than four runs tonight, based on the way they've played this season. After only scoring one yesterday, they are probably due for a breakout.

Hell, the Sox have been due for one all season then! (Ignoring for a moment the 15-0 win on monday...because that doesn't support my claim).

fquaye149
05-14-2004, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by fhqwhgads
I don't expect the Twins to score less than four runs tonight, based on the way they've played this season. After only scoring one yesterday, they are probably due for a breakout.

we're not cleveland or seattle or (!!!) kansas city.

CHISOXFAN13
05-14-2004, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by fhqwhgads
I don't expect the Twins to score less than four runs tonight, based on the way they've played this season. After only scoring one yesterday, they are probably due for a breakout.

Based on what? The Twins stellar 6-8 mark against left-handed pitching?

fhqwhgads
05-14-2004, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
Based on what? The Twins stellar 6-8 mark against left-handed pitching?

No, based on the 5.18 runs/game they score. :D:

Corlose 15
05-14-2004, 12:22 PM
I expect nothing less than a no-hitter. If he can't get that then ship him out of here.

WWIII
05-14-2004, 12:22 PM
Just remember, it seems like the Twins play their hardest against us all of the time - like they have to continually remind us that they have won the division the last couple of years. Therefore, I would expect Shoeny to give up a few more runs than 1. If he doesn't, fantastic. The interesting thing will be if we lay down and die when they put runs up, or if Ozzie ball will really show up during this series. The twins haven't played a White Sox team like this in years. Hopefully we spank their arrogant bottoms!

TDog
05-14-2004, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by fhqwhgads
No, based on the 5.18 runs/game they score. :D:

But arent' the Twins averaging, like, 12 innings a game?

fhqwhgads
05-14-2004, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by TDog
But arent' the Twins averaging, like, 12 innings a game?

Feels like it. :yawn

ndgt10
05-14-2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by WWIII
..or if Ozzie ball will really show up during this series.

Ozzie ball, "It's an attitude!" :D:

SoxxoS
05-14-2004, 01:06 PM
The key is, when we play the teams the Twins have been playing...Seattle, Cleveland...we need to do the same thing to their bullpens. We have made Hasegawa look like Cy Young in the past, and I don't think Guardado has blown a save against us. That needs to change.

And we better sweep Cleveland and be confident going into the Crapdome next Thursday.

Hokiesox
05-14-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by bobj4400
Who'd have thought that Loaiza would become that person last year?? Baseball is a funny game...

And this board was just as anti-loaiza last year as it was anti-schoney this past off season. Funny board, too.

sas1974
05-14-2004, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Hokiesox
And this board was just as anti-loaiza last year as it was anti-schoney this past off season. Funny board, too.

Funny? Maybe. Very predictable? Definitely!

SoxxoS
05-14-2004, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Hokiesox
And this board was just as anti-loaiza last year as it was anti-schoney this past off season. Funny board, too.

No it wasn't. 2 completely different situations. Most were in favor of the Loiaza signing b/c it was basically no lose. We weren't counting on him to do anything.

By signing Show like that, we were counting on him the rotation, even though he showed in the past that he wasn't a successful starter.

StillMissOzzie
05-14-2004, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by dillio
i expect him to have 6-7 strong innings tonight limiting the twins to 1 or 2 runs

Good call! Went 6.2, had only given up the one run but I think he got tagged with the runner on 1st who ended up scoring. Stinking bullpen gave up 2 after SS came out. Another shame that a great performance won't get HIM the W.

SMO
:angry: