PDA

View Full Version : Beltran To Boston? Garcia to KC?

Champs2004
05-14-2004, 10:20 AM
This aint lookin good for KW.http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/baseball/173371_mari14.html

DaveIsHere
05-14-2004, 10:25 AM
Hopes and dreams may be shattered

fledgedrallycap
05-14-2004, 10:29 AM
If another team comes along (including the Sox) and offers legitimate stud prospects; you can't tell me that doesn't sound more intriuging than Damon & Kimm....

The M's will be looking to slash payroll and bring some much needed youth into their organization.

I thought this was staggering: AL WEST STANDING: Fourth place, 10 1/2 games behind Anaheim

IlliniSox
05-14-2004, 10:36 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by fledgedrallycap
[B]If another team comes along (including the Sox) and offers legitimate stud prospects; you can't tell me that doesn't sound more intriuging than Damon & Kimm....

The M's are one of the oldest teams in baseball. An overrated reliever and a caveman with a little league arm (in that ballpark?) are not going to help them in the least. The Sox definitely have more potent ammo than this to get Garcia in here.

ma-gaga
05-14-2004, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by fledgedrallycap
If another team comes along (including the Sox) and offers legitimate stud prospects; you can't tell me that doesn't sound more intriuging than Damon & Kimm....

The M's will be looking to slash payroll and bring some much needed youth into their organization.

I thought this was staggering: AL WEST STANDING: Fourth place, 10 1/2 games behind Anaheim

You know, you would think that Boston would try to stop these rumors from getting out. The last time they made a big blockbuster trade like this it fell apart and the Yankees swooped in.

Why is it that both the Yankees and the Red Sox need the exact same type of player at the exact same time? I just don't get it. That's absolutely amazing to me.

Maybe it's just high profile perception. I suppose Foulke was an easy pickup for Boston, they only had to compete dollar wise with the A's and that's not a fair fight.

Although, I would think that LA gets Beltran. They seem to be a good fit, and he is the type of player that both the classical media appreciates, and that the stat heads covet. They have the prospects to deal. It just depends on if the owner is willing to sign off on a long term high buck deal. They have deep pockets out there. It just seems like a natural fit.

jabrch
05-14-2004, 10:41 AM
That's a ridiculous trade rumor. KC would want prospects out of Beltran - and a lot of high end ones. Freddy Garcia is not gonna help them in the future - and they won't trade Beltran if they are still in it. Boston would love Beltran - of course, but would have to pay a ton for him. I don't think they have the same need for offense once Nixon comes back. I can't see KC trading Beltran and not getting a bunch of young talent. I can't see seattle trading Garcia for Damon and Kim. They already have Randy Wynn, how much better than Wynn is Damon? The answer can't be an entire Freddy Garcia better.

bobj4400
05-14-2004, 10:53 AM
This rumor just doesnt make sense for any of the teams except Boston. I cant see it being true.

Baby Fisk
05-14-2004, 10:54 AM
Front page of next Monday's New York Post:

BOMBERS BUY BELTRAN FROM KC FARM CLUB
GRAB GARCIA FROM WEST COAST
Steinbrenner: "Boston had their chance, but fiddled over nickels and dimes, so we decided to swing these deals as a gift to our great fans."

--------------------------------------------

Heart attack hospitalizes ESPN's Gammons

Inside: Trump's new hottie!

TheBull19
05-14-2004, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by ma-gaga

Why is it that both the Yankees and the Red Sox need the exact same type of player at the exact same time? I just don't get it. That's absolutely amazing to me.

And its not like either of 'em actually needed Rodriguez, anyway, considering they already had Jeter and Garciaparra. Bastards.

You know, I used to wish the Red Sox would keep the Yankees from winning another title, but now I don't want either of them. Its time for the O's to return to their past glory. Except this time the sox won't blow it in the ALCS.

WWIII
05-14-2004, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by ma-gaga

They don't. The Yanks just want what Boston wants. They would rather buy a player than let Boston have them. Simple as that.

As far as the rumored trade, I see no benefit for Seattle. I would think they would be looking for younger talenet to base a club around, i.e., stud prospects or rookies.

MRKARNO
05-14-2004, 01:23 PM
Don't worry, the Sox are never in these types of rumors. If we get Beltran or Garcia, you probably won't hear about it till it happens.

Lip Man 1
05-14-2004, 01:57 PM
It is interesting that someone is working to try to start a deal. That refutes the perception that it's 'to early' in the season for trades.

Lip

gosox41
05-14-2004, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
It is interesting that someone is working to try to start a deal. That refutes the perception that it's 'to early' in the season for trades.

Lip

I have no doubt KW is working on something, he just keeps it quiet. KW is aggressive, bordering on stupid. But I'm confident he's working on something, though I do cringe every time the Sox make a trade.

Bob