PDA

View Full Version : Fight During Rain Delay?


StockdaleForVeep
05-14-2004, 12:56 AM
I overheard brief spurts on the score this mornin but people were complaining that during the rain delay they kept sellin concessions at comiskey and some fight broke out etc etc

Anyone got news on this? If this has already been said, just delete this thread, i bring it up too cuz score made a point to say how cub brawls about alcohol get washed over while sox fights are fluffed up.

SaltyPretzel
05-14-2004, 08:20 AM
I'm confused. Why would people complain that concessions were sold during the rain delay? :?:

Railsplitter
05-14-2004, 08:47 AM
Shouldn't a rain delay be the best time to go to the concession stand? Especially when (A) there's notihing happening on the field, and (B) the concouses (except in the outfield, of course) are covered.

SSN721
05-14-2004, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Railsplitter
Shouldn't a rain delay be the best time to go to the concession stand? Especially when (A) there's notihing happening on the field, and (B) the concouses (except in the outfield, of course) are covered.

I agree, be pretty ridiculous for the park to stop selling concessions when the people left there have nothing to do but buy concessions. Unfortunately I left once the storm started in the sixth it was so bad I was sure they were gonna call the game after that. So I guess I missed the action.

Jerko
05-14-2004, 09:33 AM
The only thing they kept selling after the delay ended were the dollar dogs. Everything else was basically closed. I guess the usher I overheard between games telling the souvenir lady that "he wished we would all go home" got to management .

fledgedrallycap
05-14-2004, 09:43 AM
Is anyone else sick and tired of "Comiskular Fight Updates"?

Comiskey Park and drunken fights go together like cake and ice-cream, they have been going on for years and always will.

It's bad enough the 10:00 news must throw their jabs in, but do we really need to have that at WSI?

Brian26
05-14-2004, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by StockdaleForVeep
I overheard brief spurts on the score this mornin but people were complaining that during the rain delay they kept sellin concessions at comiskey and some fight broke out etc etc

More planted trolls, this time as phone callers to the Score?

Come on, there were six people left in the stands after the rain delay. I highly doubt there were any significant disturbances going on. Sounds like more anti-Sox sentiment unsuccessfully disguised over the airwaves.

Hangar18
05-14-2004, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Brian26
More planted trolls, this time as phone callers to the Score?

Come on, there were six people left in the stands after the rain delay. I highly doubt there were any significant disturbances going on. Sounds like more anti-Sox sentiment unsuccessfully disguised over the airwaves.

Thats exactly what it is ............... I will bet big money, Murphy has something to do with this. When you call in, they screen your call/ask who you are/what you want to talk about. Once they know you want to TALK CUB, you Magically move to the front of the "line". Im sure Trolling something Negative about the SOX gets you on the air ASAP. Murph STILL NEVER APOLOGIZED/ACKNOWLEDGED that More Murders/Rapes/Burglaries/Assaults happen at and near Wrigley than they do at Comiskey.

kittle42
05-14-2004, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Thats exactly what it is ............... I will bet big money, Murphy has something to do with this. When you call in, they screen your call/ask who you are/what you want to talk about. Once they know you want to TALK CUB, you Magically move to the front of the "line". Im sure Trolling something Negative about the SOX gets you on the air ASAP. Murph STILL NEVER APOLOGIZED/ACKNOWLEDGED that More Murders/Rapes/Burglaries/Assaults happen at and near Wrigley than they do at Comiskey.

I stayed about 45 minutes after the rain began, until they closed all the concessions. I am pretty sure if a fight was going on, all 100 of us there would have noticed it.

Hangar18
05-14-2004, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by kittle42
I stayed about 45 minutes after the rain began, until they closed all the concessions. I am pretty sure if a fight was going on, all 100 of us there would have noticed it.

heh hehehehheh thanks Chris, you just made me spit my
coffee out laughing

epgalsoxfan
05-14-2004, 11:52 AM
I stayed till the end yesterday and really dont remember any fights breaking out. We were going to leave at 7 and then all of a sudden they were taking up the tarp. I couldnt believe we were playing. We were a little nervous when they brought out Koch in the 9th. Almost had a heartattack. But lucky we still won. It was a great time and i dont remember any fights... but i do remember seeing a few fans that looked like they had been drinking all day and were going to pass out in the stands

Randar68
05-14-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by kittle42
I stayed about 45 minutes after the rain began, until they closed all the concessions. I am pretty sure if a fight was going on, all 100 of us there would have noticed it.

I stayed the whole time and knew nothing of any fights.

There was barely anyone left. 10 minutes after the rain really started coming down, probably 75% of the people left...

mcfish
05-14-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by kittle42
I stayed about 45 minutes after the rain began, until they closed all the concessions. I am pretty sure if a fight was going on, all 100 of us there would have noticed it.

Hey - there were at least 200 of us watching the exciting conclusion of last night game. I was surprised they finished the game, but where else would I want to be instead of the beautiful Cell? And no, there were no fights at all during the rain delay that I could see.

Randar68
05-14-2004, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by epgalsoxfan
but i do remember seeing a few fans that looked like they had been drinking all day and were going to pass out in the stands

LOL! That could have just been the "Koch-effect".

Seriously, though, there were these 4 guys sitting right by the RF foul pole and they must have had a case of beer each over the course of the day... I thought they were going to need a crane to get them out of their seats by the end of the night.

illinibk
05-14-2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
I stayed the whole time and knew nothing of any fights.


I thought you moved to Baltimore, do you still live out here?

Randar68
05-14-2004, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by illinibk
I thought you moved to Baltimore, do you still live out here?

Haven't moved yet.

the_valenstache
05-14-2004, 02:24 PM
I heard that Jay Marriotti, fondling a hastily glued-on cookie duster, was caught defiling relish packets and throwing pennies at children.

quade36
05-14-2004, 02:35 PM
I too was one of the 100 people who stayed and didn't see a fight.

Brian26
05-14-2004, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
heh hehehehheh thanks Chris, you just made me spit my
coffee out laughing

Chris rules!

Brian26
05-14-2004, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by quade36
I too was one of the 100 people who stayed and didn't see a fight.

So far in this thread, 216 people have claimed to be one of the final 100 there last night. :D:

mcfish
05-14-2004, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
So far in this thread, 216 people have claimed to be one of the final 100 there last night. :D:

:cool: I claimed that there were 200 there, and it wouldn't surprise me if everyone who was there last night was a WSI regular. 2 1/2 hour rain delays are tough for the average fan to sit through.

FARMEO
05-14-2004, 03:52 PM
Add another WSI member to the list of people who stayed until the end. I was in the Bullpen bar when they stopped serving alcohol. I thought the game was called and I almost walked out of the park.

Jerko
05-14-2004, 04:09 PM
They stopped sellin beer in the BPB before the game restarted? I can see MAYBE doing that in the park but not the bar. The stadium club was servin till after the game was over.

quade36
05-14-2004, 04:15 PM
My friend and I were actually sitting out in the rain most of the time in the upper deck. We were prepaired for the downpoor.

thecell
05-14-2004, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by FARMEO
Add another WSI member to the list of people who stayed until the end. I was in the Bullpen bar when they stopped serving alcohol. I thought the game was called and I almost walked out of the park.

That's when I left. I figured that if they were closing the bar, then the game wouldn't be restarted....****ers