PDA

View Full Version : Seth Greisinger

elrod
05-13-2004, 11:11 PM
Seth Greisinger is starting tomorrow and it's too bad. I actually played with Seth Greisinger when I was 15 and he was 13 in McLean, VA Babe Ruth League. He was a little kid at the time but had a great glove at short. When he got to HS (our rival HS) he went through a growth spurt and became a stud pitcher. He turned down a first-round pick and went to UVA. After that he got drafted by the Tigers first round and started having arm trouble. Poor guy had bigtime potential but kept getting hurt. I always pull for him. Unfortunately, now he's on the damn Twins. I say it's too bad because I can't pull for him to win, like I always did before this year.

soxwon
05-14-2004, 12:13 AM
oh great another rookie- we are doomed.
if every team threw a rookie at us in every game
we wouldnt win 1.
we are simply terrible vs rookies.

Huisj
05-14-2004, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by soxwon
oh great another rookie- we are doomed.
if every team threw a rookie at us in every game
we wouldnt win 1.
we are simply terrible vs rookies.

not really a rookie; he's been around for a while. he pitched a few years with detroit. he's faced the sox on a number of occasions, and always did decent against them despite not having a ton of success against other teams (hmm, why isn't that surprising?)

OurBitchinMinny
05-14-2004, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by elrod
Seth Greisinger is starting tomorrow and it's too bad. I actually played with Seth Greisinger when I was 15 and he was 13 in McLean, VA Babe Ruth League. He was a little kid at the time but had a great glove at short. When he got to HS (our rival HS) he went through a growth spurt and became a stud pitcher. He turned down a first-round pick and went to UVA. After that he got drafted by the Tigers first round and started having arm trouble. Poor guy had bigtime potential but kept getting hurt. I always pull for him. Unfortunately, now he's on the damn Twins. I say it's too bad because I can't pull for him to win, like I always did before this year.

Gresinger has been decent for the twins, but he gets behind in the count and throws a lot of pitches. He only lasted 5 against OAK in his last start and left after 91 pitches through 5. It is essential that the sox are patient and dont swing at the first strike. Jump on him early and make the bullpens irrelevant.

dillio
05-14-2004, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by ChisoxfaninMinny
Gresinger has been decent for the twins, but he gets behind in the count and throws a lot of pitches. He only lasted 5 against OAK in his last start and left after 91 pitches through 5. It is essential that the sox are patient and dont swing at the first strike. Jump on him early and make the bullpens irrelevant.

i think that since he does not have really good control the sox should get to him if they just work the counts like they are capable of

ChiSoxBobette
05-14-2004, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by elrod

According to the White Sox site it says Lohse is pitching. I wish just once the White Sox would tee off on some schmuck these other teams bring up from the minors to face them.

Go White Sox!