PDA

View Full Version : Quote of The Day 5/14


Lip Man 1
05-14-2004, 12:00 AM
"Believe me, after last year, Ozzie has been nothing but great to me. Period. It's factual." --Paul Konerko to Rick Morrissey of the Chicago Tribune.

I guess Paul wasn't a big fan of Manager Gandhi. Just another little clue that Pale Hose George's contention that the clubhouse last year was pretty bad, was right on the money and that the fans probably didn't hear half of the things that were going on.

Lip

Hangar18
05-14-2004, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
"Believe me, after last year, Ozzie has been nothing but great to me. Period. It's factual." --Paul Konerko to Rick Morrissey of the Chicago Tribune.

I guess Paul wasn't a big fan of Manager Gandhi. Just another little clue that Pale Hose George's contention that the clubhouse last year was pretty bad, was right on the money and that the fans probably didn't hear half of the things that were going on.

Lip

Ghandi needed to go the year BEFORE ......his 1 Million Salary (which the sox DIDNT want to pay him to sit around and do nothing) was Certainly WORTH THE DIVISION TITLE IT EVENTUALLY COST US. Nice Job Reinsdorf

TheBull19
05-14-2004, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Ghandi needed to go the year BEFORE ......his 1 Million Salary (which the sox DIDNT want to pay him to sit around and do nothing) was Certainly WORTH THE DIVISION TITLE IT EVENTUALLY COST US. Nice Job Reinsdorf

I agree, but wouldn't that have been KW's decision as the GM?

Kadafi311
05-14-2004, 12:26 PM
"Believe me, after last year, Ozzie has been nothing but great to me. Period. It's factual." --Paul Konerko to Rick Morrissey of the Chicago Tribune.

To play devil's advocate here... couldn't he also be referring to the fact that even though he had a ****ty year last year, Ozzie still respects him?

sas1974
05-14-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Kadafi311
To play devil's advocate here... couldn't he also be referring to the fact that even though he had a ****ty year last year, Ozzie still respects him?

Good point. Paulie could just be saying that Ozzie didn't have to give him as much rope as he has after the awful year that he had last year.

There's no denying the clubhouse sucked last year. It must have been like a morgue.

mantis1212
05-14-2004, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Kadafi311
To play devil's advocate here... couldn't he also be referring to the fact that even though he had a ****ty year last year, Ozzie still respects him?

I agree, I don't think this has anything to do with Manuel. He's talking about his stats...

jackbrohamer
05-14-2004, 01:10 PM
Konerko gets quoted in the papers more than any .240-hitting first baseman I've ever seen. And what he says is almost interesting. I don't get it.

LauraJ14
05-14-2004, 03:36 PM
Well who else is the media going to talk to?
Frank is boycotting, Crede and Garland never say anything interesting, and half of the rest of the team speak English as a second language. If you needed a quote besides from Ozzie who would you talk to?

SoxxoS
05-14-2004, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by jackbrohamer
Konerko gets quoted in the papers more than any .240-hitting first baseman I've ever seen. And what he says is almost interesting. I don't get it.

If that isn't the truth. I think if Wunsch is traded, he is going to be our player rep. The guy is full of quotes.

He should just worry about hitting right handers.

JohnBasedowYoda
05-14-2004, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by LauraJ14
Well who else is the media going to talk to?
Frank is boycotting, Crede and Garland never say anything interesting, and half of the rest of the team speak English as a second language. If you needed a quote besides from Ozzie who would you talk to?

Pretty much, our team is pretty boring when it comes to interviews. I loved paulies "i always said i'd give my left nut for this team" quote from last year

Paulwny
05-14-2004, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by JohnBasedowYoda
Pretty much, our team is pretty boring when it comes to interviews. I loved paulies "i always said i'd give my left nut for this team" quote from last year

Yep, he's good for quotes, but god forbid, last year when he couldn't hit his way out of a paper bag, that anyone ask him to go to AAA for a few weeks and try to correct his hitting mechanics.
He prefered sitting on the bench and being the rah, rah, team leader.