PDA

View Full Version : Freddy, oh Freddy, where art thou?

WSox8404
05-13-2004, 06:22 PM
It's time gentlemen, time for a trade.

jeremyb1
05-13-2004, 06:24 PM
Good riddance Jeremy Reed.

MRKARNO
05-13-2004, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
Good riddance Jeremy Reed.

I don't think it would take that much to get Garcia. I think a package similar to the ones with which we got Alomar and Everett with or the one we got Colon with might get the job done for 3ish months of Freddy Garcia. You can only get so much for a player in the last year of his contract. I dont think any team would offer a top prospect for 3 months of Garcia unless he's absolutely dominant those first 3 months in the mold of a Schilling or Pedro, which I dont think he can do. (But I hope he does if he becomes a White Sock.)

jeremyb1
05-13-2004, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
I don't think it would take that much to get Garcia. I think a package similar to the ones with which we got Alomar and Everett with or the one we got Colon with might get the job done for 3ish months of Freddy Garcia. You can only get so much for a player in the last year of his contract. I dont think any team would offer a top prospect for 3 months of Garcia unless he's absolutely dominant those first 3 months in the mold of a Schilling or Pedro, which I dont think he can do. (But I hope he does if he becomes a White Sock.)

Yeah if the Mariners find themselves out of contention at the deadline it might be a different situation. In general though people seem to want us to acquire all kinds of top flight players without considering what it will take to get them.

batmanZoSo
05-13-2004, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO

Do we get draft picks when Garcia bolts?

bigdommer
05-13-2004, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
Do we get draft picks when Garcia bolts?

Only if we make him an offer, I think.

Mickster
05-13-2004, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by bigdommer
Only if we make him an offer, I think.

Offer arbitration, not make him an offer.

SoxxoS
05-13-2004, 07:28 PM
I wish I was GM for a day...b/c I wanted to acquire Freddie before the season started...when his value was very low. It probably wasn't possible, (B/c Seattle was delusional thinking they could win that division) but I would just like to know if it WAS possible. That would have been awesome.

That pipedream being said, I have confidence that KW will make the right moves for us to be a condender.

SEALgep
05-13-2004, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
I wish I was GM for a day...b/c I wanted to acquire Freddie before the season started...when his value was very low. It probably wasn't possible, (B/c Seattle was delusional thinking they could win that division) but I would just like to know if it WAS possible. That would have been awesome.

That pipedream being said, I have confidence that KW will make the right moves for us to be a condender. I don't his stock was as low as you think it was. He signed for what, $6 something million for this year?

batmanZoSo
05-13-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
I don't his stock was as low as you think it was. He signed for what, $6 something million for this year?

That's definitely not ace-money, which is what he reverted to being.

Randar68
05-13-2004, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
Yeah if the Mariners find themselves out of contention at the deadline it might be a different situation. In general though people seem to want us to acquire all kinds of top flight players without considering what it will take to get them.

Oakland, Texas, Anaheim and impending free-agency are reasons why he is going to be gone, and I highly doubt Seattle will wait until the deadline...

34 Inch Stick
05-14-2004, 09:34 AM
If you want to guage his value look to what San Fran gave up for Ponson last year.