PDA

View Full Version : Seattle Stinks.

WSox8404
05-13-2004, 12:34 PM
What happened to them? Man, I mean I didn't expect them to finish 1st or anything, but man have they gone south. This may be good however, because if they keep going down south, we may have a shot at Garcia sooner then later. So even though it pains me to see them beat Minnesota, it may be better for us in the long term. So hopefully Minnesota will lose today, but starting tomorrow lets keep on cheering for Seattle to keep on struggling.

ChiSox7
05-13-2004, 12:55 PM
Yep. They do suck. It looks like we are going to have to win both games today just to stay tied for first place. That kinda sucks.

habibharu
05-13-2004, 12:57 PM
twinkies already up 1-0

chidonez
05-13-2004, 01:16 PM
Seattle is old, old, old. And they need to trade, trade, trade for some draft picks. They knew this year was going to be tough, but I think they expected the usual fans to keep filling SafeCo as long as the usual names were still in the lineup. Nope.

mantis1212
05-13-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by chidonez
Seattle is old, old, old. And they need to trade, trade, trade for some draft picks. They knew this year was going to be tough, but I think they expected the usual fans to keep filling SafeCo as long as the usual names were still in the lineup. Nope.

We need to do a three-way trade with Seattle and a team interested in Valentin. Garcia comes here, Valentin goes to team x (not in AL central) and Seattle gets their prospects...

Medford Bobby
05-13-2004, 02:33 PM
That's the talk up here in the Seattle region on the radio...........Actually I'd like the Sox to get Jaime Moyer, but he would be only needed if the Sox had a good 5 game lead or more in August. A veteran would be good for all the young pitchers...Freddy Garcia may be going thru a down year and I'd hate to see the Sox caught in that funk. The rest of Seattle is old along with crappy free agents....glad I'm not a fan...hahahahah :smile:

Unregistered
05-13-2004, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Medford Bobby
Freddy Garcia may be going thru a down year and I'd hate to see the Sox caught in that funk. Down year, eh? I'd love for one of our starters to have a "down" year with a 2.34 ERA. :?:

pudge
05-14-2004, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by Medford Bobby
That's the talk up here in the Seattle region on the radio...........Actually I'd like the Sox to get Jaime Moyer, but he would be only needed if the Sox had a good 5 game lead or more in August. A veteran would be good for all the young pitchers...Freddy Garcia may be going thru a down year and I'd hate to see the Sox caught in that funk. The rest of Seattle is old along with crappy free agents....glad I'm not a fan...hahahahah :smile:

I'd be shocked if Moyer didn't have a no-trade clause, and I doubt he'd waive it. His wife is heavily involved in the local community.

joecrede
05-14-2004, 11:09 AM
The Mariners may be terrible, but kudos to them for spending a lot of money.

HITMEN OF 77
05-14-2004, 11:49 AM
And no one is more happy to see the M's struggle than me. That's all I hear out here is about the Mariners. Actually no one has said a peep about baseball this year, I guess I'll have my fiends how there doing so far :D: .