PDA

View Full Version : Cotts: truth or fiction

lowesox
05-13-2004, 11:45 AM
I meant to post this last week and totally forgot about it. While watching the Toronto series, one of the TO broadcasters said that Neal Cotts has never surrendered a homerun to a lefty batter in his pro career. And they said that includes in the minor leagues.

Have any of you heard that before? Because if that's true... well then, wow.

batmanZoSo
05-13-2004, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by lowesox
I meant to post this last week and totally forgot about it. While watching the Toronto series, one of the TO broadcasters said that Neal Cotts has never surrendered a homerun to a lefty batter in his pro career. And they said that includes in the minor leagues.

He's a good young pitcher, I believe it. He doesn't get hit much at all by either side. His career earned runs are result of walks mostly. It seems no one hit him hard (yes, Toronto was a different story, but even that was one pitch). If he throws strikes he's gonna be dominant.

CHISOXFAN13
05-13-2004, 11:49 AM

I seem to recall Hawk and DJ mentioning that several times before. It really is/was amazing.

minastirith67
05-13-2004, 12:06 PM
Put him up against Barry Bonds and that might change...

lowesox
05-13-2004, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
(yes, Toronto was a different story, but even that was one pitch).

Actually two. The non-homer was very, very close.

batmanZoSo
05-13-2004, 12:32 PM
Actually two. The non-homer was very, very close.

Aw come on. Hey, this one time I missed winning the national horseshoe championship by like, two centimeters.

fquaye149
05-13-2004, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by minastirith67
Put him up against Barry Bonds and that might change...

put him up against barry bonds this week, he might look like carl hubbel at teh all star game