PDA

View Full Version : Chicago NewsMedia Watch 5/13/04

Hangar18
05-13-2004, 10:32 AM
SunTimes today a bit more Cubtastic than usual today .........
was nice to hear callers to the Score today INTERRUPTING murphs usual cublaced topics to talk about Konerkos comments.
the cubs have surpassed the 200 stories lead mark and are well on their way to 300. Most talk about murders and crime in wrigleyville dying down now......Exactly what Murph and the Trib were hoping for.
Murder/Drunkeness/Crime + Cubs = 1 week media shelf life
Ligue + Sox = still ongoing media topic

Cubune:
5 cub stories
3 sox stories

Cub-Times:
7 cub stories
4 sox stories

Standings since Spring Training .........
CUBS 616
SOX 412

DaveIsHere
05-13-2004, 10:34 AM
Wait till we make some bad ass trades, we will be running this town while the 40000 at The urinal are wondering what went wrong as the keep their non consecutive winning seasons streak alive and well

onesox
05-13-2004, 12:15 PM
No Secret Murph is a cub fan, but I love him. He is one of the more intelligent "baseball" guys on the radio. Plus you can tell how much he loves the game of baseball, always excited to talk about certain plays during a game, love to talk stats -which is great. Wish he was a sox fan, cause we need a smart enthusiastic sox fan on the radio. However I love Murph and Fred in the Morning.

bennyw41
05-13-2004, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by onesox
No Secret Murph is a cub fan, but I love him. He is one of the more intelligent "baseball" guys on the radio. Plus you can tell how much he loves the game of baseball, always excited to talk about certain plays during a game, love to talk stats -which is great. Wish he was a sox fan, cause we need a smart enthusiastic sox fan on the radio. However I love Murph and Fred in the Morning.

Sniff.....sniff..... :troll

Hangar18
05-13-2004, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by onesox

"he is one of the more intelligent 'baseball' guys on the radio. Always excited to talk about certain plays"

- This much is true, but his intelligence is LIMITED to the cubs, I can honestly say he has NEVER talked at length about "baseball" or other teams in general for One to make that Conclusion. This is especially perplexing, CONSIDERING THIS SHOW IS BASED IN CHICAGO, WHICH HAS ANOTHER TEAM FOR HIM TO DISCUSS, which on a recent 1 Hour Survey, he devoted 50 Minutes worth of discussion towards that other team, barely 10 mins for our beloved. He has ALWAYS Dissected certain plays ......at least 3 per show ........but unfortuneately, ALWAYS OTHER TEAMS.
Having his Cub Knowledge down DOESNT mean he has his BASEBALL Knowledge down.

If theres a Radio Host that Truly has his Baseball Knowledge down (and I'll reserve this for "cub fan" radio guys) its Harry on am1000. He is a blatant cub fan, but man, I'll shake his hand and toast the guy, he knows his baseball, and knows PLENTY about the WhiteSox and can engage any of us in good SOX talk.
Cheers to HARRY TEINOWITZ a journalist who DOESNT let his passions get in the way of REPORTING. Cant really say that for Chumps like Murphy, Kiley, Giangreco .............