PDA

View Full Version : Haven't always been the biggest Bruce Levine fan

ChiSox14305635
05-13-2004, 10:46 AM
But I like the fact that he is the only guy that doesn't back down from Mariotti's comments. It seems like every time Mariotti starts on one of his rants on his radio show, Levine is right there to shoot him down. The rest of them seem to quickly agree with everything this blowhard comments on. Mariotti's latest rant was on Konerko's comments on playing time and he was railing on him. Levine came back and said with more media covering the Sox, most of the material has come back negative. Oh, and he got a minor swipe at Frank in by saying he was expecting the 1st blowup to come from him, and not Konerko.

Keep on winning, White Sox. Mariotti is running out of excuses.

petekat
05-13-2004, 11:00 AM
maybe we can drive mariotti out of time, or at least drive him crazy with negative feedback. everyone take the time to email him or sports editors 3 x a day. tha'tsprobably what drove skip bayless out of town

SSN721
05-13-2004, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by petekat
maybe we can drive mariotti out of time, or at least drive him crazy with negative feedback. everyone take the time to email him or sports editors 3 x a day. tha'tsprobably what drove skip bayless out of town

Honestly I think that would strengthen his position. His entire schtick is based off of pissing people off. The more hate mail that comes in, the more his bosses know that people are listening to him just to get upset at him and hear the next bonehead position he takes. I think ignoring him and not bothering to acknoledge him is a better tactic then sending letters to ESPN 1000. Just what I think, I could be wrong.

Hangar18
05-13-2004, 11:47 AM
thats very interesting .........