PDA

View Full Version : Desperation Time

owensmouth
05-13-2004, 04:59 AM
Nope, I'm not talking about the outcome of the divisional races, yet.

The Sox and the O's are gonna be desperate to get in at least one of tomorrow's games.

With the postponement of Wednesday's game and the weather forcast for Thursday (rain, lots of it with lightning and thunder in the morning) it doesn't look good for a ball game.

The alternatives are limited because tomorrow is supposed to be the last time Baltimore visits. If the weatherman is correct, the Orioles may have to come back, perhaps as early as next week.

May 24th, June 7th, August 2d and 30th are the only mutually open dates, unless they want to play the day after the All Star game. After that, it's the day after the season closes.

MarqSox
05-13-2004, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by owensmouth

The Sox and the O's are gonna be desperate to get in at least one of tomorrow's games.

With the postponement of Wednesday's game and the weather forcast for Thursday (rain, lots of it with lightning and thunder in the morning) it doesn't look good for a ball game.

The alternatives are limited because tomorrow is supposed to be the last time Baltimore visits. If the weatherman is correct, the Orioles may have to come back, perhaps as early as next week.

May 24th, June 7th, August 2d and 30th are the only mutually open dates, unless they want to play the day after the All Star game. After that, it's the day after the season closes.
Well, there's FOUR backup dates ... I wouldn't exactly call that desperation time. If there were zero, or even one, then you're a little closer ...

voodoochile
05-13-2004, 08:25 AM

Some of those dates may be prohibited by the CBA. There is a limit to how many days in a row teams can be forced to play. Hope they get them in today. They can't even make them up in Baltimore, because obviously the Sox have already been there, done that.

Jjav829
05-13-2004, 08:31 AM
:hawk
"I tell you, there's nothing like a Roger Bossard field to help get a rainy game in."

:DJ
"Mmmmm hmmm."

voodoochile
05-13-2004, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Jjav829
:hawk
"I tell you, there's nothing like a Roger Bossard field to help get a rainy game in."

:DJ
"Mmmmm hmmm."

Can Bossard cross his arms, blink his eyes and eliminate the hail that is predicted for later this afternoon? :(:

SaltyPretzel
05-13-2004, 09:22 AM
The prospects for Friday's game look pretty grim too. :(:

sas1974
05-13-2004, 09:53 AM
Maybe part of the Phase V renovations will be a retractable dome.

Dadawg_77
05-13-2004, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Some of those dates may be prohibited by the CBA. There is a limit to how many days in a row teams can be forced to play. Hope they get them in today. They can't even make them up in Baltimore, because obviously the Sox have already been there, done that.

Players can vote to waive that right and routinely do so in situations where teams are making up games.

Lip Man 1
05-13-2004, 01:51 PM
The other factor is that the Orioles have already had four rainouts. They already have make up double headers scheduled on two off days. One is against Boston...the other against Cleveland.

Don't know when those games are scheduled for but that might chew up some of those mutual off days between the Sox and O's.

Lip

DSpivack
05-13-2004, 02:31 PM
hmmm. was planning on going to wednesday's game but rain wiped that idea out. thought of going today but saw could be rain and have errands to run. now thinking of going friday nite but possible rain then, too.

am just home for one week and want to go to my first sox game of the year. yarrrrrrrrrrr.

WinningUgly!
05-13-2004, 03:45 PM