PDA

View Full Version : What series is more important for the Sox?

SoxBoy14
05-12-2004, 10:19 PM
I think the Twins series because right now them and the Sox are the two best teams in the AL Central.

Frater Perdurabo
05-12-2004, 10:27 PM
Every series is important in the sense that the Sox need to rack up wins.

The Twins are the defending division champs and the Sox main competition for the Central title this year. Therefore, the series with the Twins is most important.

StepsInSC
05-12-2004, 10:35 PM
I don't see how anyone could choose anything other than the Twinkies...

OEO Magglio
05-12-2004, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by StepsInSC
I don't see how anyone could choose anything other than the Twinkies...
Yeah, Definitely the Twins.

OEO Magglio
05-12-2004, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo
Every series is important in the sense that the Sox need to rack up wins.

The Twins are the defending division champs and the Sox main competition for the Central title this year. Therefore, the series with the Twins is most important.
I agree with everything you said. The sox need to win all the series they possibly can. But the twins seem to be their competition in the central so those games are always the biggest.

Hondo
05-12-2004, 11:06 PM
Twins

Because when we sweep them we'll gain three games on our division lead.

MRKARNO
05-12-2004, 11:07 PM
I said the West Coast teams because we've been absolutely crappy against them and we see them a lot in important moments throughout the year

beckett21
05-12-2004, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Hondo
Twins

Because when we sweep them we'll gain three games on our division lead.

This poll is about as close as it should be.

Every win we get against the Twins counts for two in the magic number. With them being the team to beat, this truly is a no brainer.

OEO Magglio
05-12-2004, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by beckett21

Every win we get against the Twins counts for two in the magic number. With them being the team to beat, this truly is a no brainer.
Exactly.

ShoelessFred
05-13-2004, 12:23 AM
if we can go .500 against the west coast teams i think our chances of winning the division skyrocket.

CHISOXFAN13
05-13-2004, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by ShoelessFred
if we can go .500 against the west coast teams i think our chances of winning the division skyrocket.

That being said, don't you think if we win the season series against the Twins, our chances are even that much better?

This is an absolute no-brainer.

ma_deuce
05-13-2004, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
That being said, don't you think if we win the season series against the Twins, our chances are even that much better?

This is an absolute no-brainer.

I agree. The Twins are our division rivals and wins against them are essential.

Deuce

SSN721
05-13-2004, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by beckett21

Totally agree, Twins are the defending champs, the team to beat. I think they hold a psychological sway over this team as well that they need to break out of. I am sick of the Sox getting spanked by this team.

HomerCoach
05-13-2004, 09:09 AM
Won't beating (sweeping) the Chubs create an electricity and buzz in the city that can draw people to the seats that can carry our team emotionally for some time? I understand the magic number argument, but I'm more concerned with ourselves. Create an atmosphere of excitement and winning and all complaints will subside, Maggs will re-sign and konerko and koch will be traded , and. Beltran and Leiter will be Sox , all will be good.
:bart

jabrch
05-13-2004, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by HomerCoach
Won't beating (sweeping) the Chubs create an electricity and buzz in the city that can draw people to the seats that can carry our team emotionally for some time? I understand the magic number argument, but I'm more concerned with ourselves. Create an atmosphere of excitement and winning and all complaints will subside, Maggs will re-sign and konerko and koch will be traded , and. Beltran and Leiter will be Sox , all will be good.
:bart

yes, that's true - but that doesn't change the fact that the Twins serieses are so much more important. Winning each of those serieses puts more distance between us and them. Winning half and SWEEPING the other half would be even nicer!

minastirith67
05-13-2004, 01:10 PM
The obvious answer happens to be the more popular choice, but I feel that second place should go to the games vs. West Coast teams. We especially need to put strong showings against the Angels and Athletics this season, Seattle not so much but I suppose they could get hot. Priority #1 remains Minnesota and the rest of the AL Central, however. I could care less about the Cubs games until those games are actually upon us.