PDA

View Full Version : I got an e-mail from Brooks Boyer...


hsnterprize
05-12-2004, 06:48 PM
I e-mailed Brooks this morning to give him some marketing ideas. Some were original, like putting out commercials on radio and TV reading "thank you" letters from fans, and ones others have said like lowering ticket prices and marketing to minority groups. However, I never expected a response to it.

Well...I got a letter back from him. Here's what it says...

Harlin,

I hope this note finds you well and enjoying the season of White Sox Baseball.

Since beginning my role with the team, I have had the opportunity to hear from many Sox fans regarding their feelings about the team, the latest changes to the ballpark and the ballpark experience.

Your feedback, both positive and negative, is a valuable tool that allows us to provide the best possible experience for Sox fans at U.S. Cellular Field.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your suggestions, observations and comments. I know our fans are passionate about this team, and we do not take your passion for granted. Every time you come to U.S. Cellular Field, I hope your experience is enjoyable and, most importantly, I hope you have fun. At its core, that is what coming to a White Sox game is all about.

Again, thanks for the input.

GO SOX!

Brooks Boyer

Vice President, Marketing

Chicago White Sox

I don't know if this is an email he's sending to everyone who writes him, or if this is specific for just me. I appreciate the response though, and I'll give him a thank you note soon.

You see...I think Brooks is listening to us. Keep the notes coming.

nasox
05-12-2004, 08:33 PM
Good to hear he replied, but sounds kinda generic to me.

batmanZoSo
05-12-2004, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by hsnterprize
I e-mailed Brooks this morning to give him some marketing ideas. Some were original, like putting out commercials on radio and TV reading "thank you" letters from fans, and ones others have said like lowering ticket prices and marketing to minority groups. However, I never expected a response to it.

Well...I got a letter back from him. Here's what it says...

Harlin,

I hope this note finds you well and enjoying the season of White Sox Baseball.

Since beginning my role with the team, I have had the opportunity to hear from many Sox fans regarding their feelings about the team, the latest changes to the ballpark and the ballpark experience.

Your feedback, both positive and negative, is a valuable tool that allows us to provide the best possible experience for Sox fans at U.S. Cellular Field.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your suggestions, observations and comments. I know our fans are passionate about this team, and we do not take your passion for granted. Every time you come to U.S. Cellular Field, I hope your experience is enjoyable and, most importantly, I hope you have fun. At its core, that is what coming to a White Sox game is all about.

Again, thanks for the input.

GO SOX!

Brooks Boyer

Vice President, Marketing

Chicago White Sox

I don't know if this is an email he's sending to everyone who writes him, or if this is specific for just me. I appreciate the response though, and I'll give him a thank you note soon.

You see...I think Brooks is listening to us. Keep the notes coming.

That's definitely an all-purpose letter, but he got your message. You can read 1,000 letters, but you can't reply to all of them.

the_valenstache
05-12-2004, 08:44 PM
Yeah, he said the same thing about my proposal for the "Thigpen's Pigpen Centerfield Wingsville and Steakatorium."

voodoochile
05-12-2004, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
That's definitely an all-purpose letter, but he got your message. You can read 1,000 letters, but you can't reply to all of them.

It's actually possible to set up an auto-reply and never read a damned thing. Not saying that happened here, but it is a possibility.

JohnBasedowYoda
05-12-2004, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by the_valenstache
Yeah, he said the same thing about my proposal for the "Thigpen's Pigpen Centerfield Wingsville and Steakatorium."

That is the funniest name for anything ever. barnone. Welcome to WSI, you exploded onto the scene in fine fashion

batmanZoSo
05-12-2004, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
It's actually possible to set up an auto-reply and never read a damned thing. Not saying that happened here, but it is a possibility.

Of course, but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. Unfortunately, you know he got a bunch of long winded, inane letters filled with hateful comments about Reinsdorf and what have you. That kind of ruins it for the people with something smart and constructive to say like hsn.

LongLiveFisk
05-12-2004, 08:51 PM
Yes, I got the exact same reply. I didn't expect a personalized response, since I'm sure he's getting hundreds of e-mails by now.

Let's just hope he is really reading them and genuinely considering the ideas we are sending. I would think he is!

batmanZoSo
05-12-2004, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by JohnBasedowYoda
That is the funniest name for anything ever. barnone. Welcome to WSI, you exploded onto the scene in fine fashion

So true. He's got potential.

voodoochile
05-12-2004, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by the_valenstache
Yeah, he said the same thing about my proposal for the "Thigpen's Pigpen Centerfield Wingsville and Steakatorium."

Welcome Aboard! :D:

Hondo
05-12-2004, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by the_valenstache
Yeah, he said the same thing about my proposal for the "Thigpen's Pigpen Centerfield Wingsville and Steakatorium."



That's the post of an early ROY candidate my friends.



"I'm Rick James, Bitch!"Rick James as played by Dave Chappelle

Jerko
05-12-2004, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by nasox
Good to hear he replied, but sounds kinda generic to me.

It is. Here's a post from another thread:

Jeff,

I hope this note finds you well and enjoying the season of White Sox
Baseball.

Since beginning my role with the team, I have had the opportunity to
hear from many Sox fans regarding their feelings about the team, the
latest changes to the ballpark and the ballpark experience.

Your feedback, both positive and negative, is a valuable tool that
allows us to provide the best possible experience for Sox fans at U.S.
Cellular Field.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your suggestions,
observations and comments. I know our fans are passionate about this
team, and we do not take your passion for granted. Every time you come
to U.S. Cellular Field, I hope your experience is enjoyable and, most
importantly, I hope you have fun. At its core, that is what coming to a
White Sox game is all about.

Again, thanks for the input.

GO SOX!

Brooks Boyer
Vice President, Marketing
Chicago White Sox

Sorry i screwed up the quote feature, I just cut and pasted, but as you can see it's the exact same email going out to everyone right now.

DaveIsHere
05-12-2004, 09:24 PM
Quit complaining (as the usual Sox fan that is what we do) at least you got something back...damn, you want him to cook a steak and serve it to you off of his azz!!!

voodoochile
05-13-2004, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by DaveIsHere
Quit complaining (as the usual Sox fan that is what we do) at least you got something back...damn, you want him to cook a steak and serve it to you off of his azz!!!

2 things...

1)Ass is not a banned word, you don't have to try to slip it by the filters. Feel free to use it freely. In general we ask people to not try to slip things by the filters. So, if you need to misspell it to see it, please don't.

2)That's not normally how I eat steak, but if it's your idea of a good meal, I say dig in.

BeerHandle
05-13-2004, 07:33 AM
Same for me, but that is what I expected.

DaveIsHere
05-13-2004, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
2 things...

1)Ass is not a banned word, you don't have to try to slip it by the filters. Feel free to use it freely. In general we ask people to not try to slip things by the filters. So, if you need to misspell it to see it, please don't.

2)That's not normally how I eat steak, but if it's your idea of a good meal, I say dig in.


My apologies, I wasn't trying to slip it past the filter I was trying to get a little funny emphasis

I'm a good little poster I read my rules and regs :)

wdelaney72
05-13-2004, 08:15 AM
A generic response is better than most other clubs would offer. I'm sure someone on his staff is filtering through them and passing along any valuable emails to Brooks.

I'm sure the "Thigpen Steakatorium" made it right Brooks and JR.

Good one, valenstache.

DaveIsHere
05-13-2004, 08:23 AM
You guys laugh...when the Thigben Steaktorium is built in the offseason, you all better go

Baby Fisk
05-13-2004, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by DaveIsHere
You guys laugh...when the Thigben Steaktorium is built in the offseason, you all better go
I'm sure some folks would prefer the construction of the Harry Caray Memorial Holding Pen , where obnoxious and disruptive fans wearing Cub gear can be corralled without drinks & cigs for the remainder of the game. The "cattle truck" atmosphere would be supplemented by loudspeakers carrying the dulcet tones of Lee Elia.

white sox bill
05-13-2004, 09:19 AM
Got same letter!

Hangar18
05-13-2004, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by the_valenstache
Yeah, he said the same thing about my proposal for the "Thigpen's Pigpen Centerfield Wingsville and Steakatorium."

Laughing my butt off ........