PDA

View Full Version : Working at the Cell?

chidonez
05-12-2004, 01:40 PM
I hope this isn't too far off-topic, but I'm going back to school in the fall and would love to spend the summer working elsewhere than behind a computer. Any of you guys work at the Cell before?

chidonez
05-12-2004, 02:19 PM
Maybe I should apply for a security job.

Fisk72
05-12-2004, 02:21 PM
I tried doing that a few years ago when I was in between years at ND. I was told the security guards are actually off-duty Chicago cops. I'm not sure if this has changed, but I wouldn't be suprised if that's how it still is. They were happy enough to give me an application to be a food vendor though.

Irishsox1
05-12-2004, 02:32 PM
Unless you want to sell food or beer at the Cell, its not what you know, but who you know. My advice is to work at a bar or restaurant and then an office, don't even bother with the Sox.

VeeckAsInWreck
05-12-2004, 03:39 PM
I used to supervise gate 5 during the 95-97 seasons. The pay is not too great and the hours are not really there either. But if you want to watch games for free then go for it. I really enjoyed it until I realized that ballgames can't pay the bills.

The company you would have to call is called, At Your Service. Good luck!

Palehose13
05-12-2004, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Fisk72
I tried doing that a few years ago when I was in between years at ND. I was told the security guards are actually off-duty Chicago cops. I'm not sure if this has changed, but I wouldn't be suprised if that's how it still is. They were happy enough to give me an application to be a food vendor though.

Yes, security is still off duty Chicago cops.

kevingrt
05-12-2004, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Palehose13
Yes, security is still off duty Chicago cops.

They do need more though!

Soxaholic
05-12-2004, 11:32 PM
I've worked at the Cell for the past two years and to get in there it definately is who you know. The new employee hire is always in February. Unless there is some other way to get in, you probably wouldn't be able to get in this year. Security may be a whole different story though.

konerkopeachy
05-12-2004, 11:33 PM
<----- gift shop employee.....and is very tired at the present moment.